Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? 09:58 - Mar 15 with 1246 viewsRyorry

£106 billion latest Govt. figure & always rising, to get Covid-19 from one place to another 30 mins or something faster??!! Hardly a priority, esp when the economy's about to take a downturn anyway. There are other infrastructure projects which are *far* more urgently required - hospitals & NHS most obviously.

Yes a wedge has already been spent, but sometimes it's wiser to cut your losses.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:00 - Mar 15 with 1230 viewsSwansea_Blue

A lot cheaper than the cost of Brexit!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:01 - Mar 15 with 1220 viewsBlueBadger

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:00 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, but the football is better now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:03 - Mar 15 with 1205 viewsSwansea_Blue

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:01 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

Yes, but the football is better now.

Much improved sovereignty

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:20 - Mar 15 with 1163 viewsunstableblue

The economic downturn from corona virus is going to be massive.

Stimulation of the economy through a major upgrade to our railways is a much better way than other forms of fiscal stimulus.

NHS does need more capacity, but will need a new type of contingency capacity, where intensive care beds can ramp up,to suit demand

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:20 - Mar 15 with 1160 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not forgetting that the majority of us will never be able to afford the fares....hopefully this crisis will wake people up to mutual dependence rather than rabid selfishness.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:21 - Mar 15 with 1154 viewsbrazil1982

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:20 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not forgetting that the majority of us will never be able to afford the fares....hopefully this crisis will wake people up to mutual dependence rather than rabid selfishness.

I'll be well retired when HS2 completes.
This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:33 - Mar 15 with 1136 viewsDarth_Koont

No, the barminess is that it's meant to help us restructure our economy and help regenerate the North. But they literally can't see past Birmingham.

Should have just invested the money in Northern rail to bring it up to the standards of a developed country.

Pronouns: He/Him

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:36 - Mar 15 with 1130 viewsbrazil1982

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:33 - Mar 15 by Darth_Koont

No, the barminess is that it's meant to help us restructure our economy and help regenerate the North. But they literally can't see past Birmingham.

Should have just invested the money in Northern rail to bring it up to the standards of a developed country.

I agree, or at least start the project north and progress south. A better statement of intent.
Login to get fewer ads

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:42 - Mar 15 with 1116 viewsRyorry

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:33 - Mar 15 by Darth_Koont

I agree (now there's a first!) - completion to Leeds 2040 if they're lucky - by which time the way people work is likely to have massively changed, & the whole project will be a white elephant

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 15:55 - Mar 15 with 1012 viewsThe_Last_Baron

A major reason why it spread much quicker in China compared to the SARS virus is due to the huge advances in public transport between 2002 and today.

HS2 is a waste of money, a vanity project.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 16:28 - Mar 15 with 967 viewsDeano69

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:00 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

I miss Brexit. At least no one died with Brexit (directly)

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 17:09 - Mar 15 with 918 viewsThe_Last_Baron

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 16:28 - Mar 15 by Deano69

I miss Brexit. At least no one died with Brexit (directly)

Name one person who died indirectly?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 20:22 - Mar 15 with 845 viewsTractorWood

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 15:55 - Mar 15 by The_Last_Baron

A major reason why it spread much quicker in China compared to the SARS virus is due to the huge advances in public transport between 2002 and today.

HS2 is a waste of money, a vanity project.

I don't think it's a vanity project it's just a totally disproportionate investment that further serves London. This country should really look at Germany, the financial centre in Frankfurt, administration in Berlin, the cultural capitals and tourism of Bavaria, the port of Hamburg and industry of the Rhein.

Britain is literally just London and means wealth is mostly concentrated in the South East. Didn't they talk of moving the treasury to Middlesbrough? Things like that would really help.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 21:06 - Mar 15 with 794 viewsWeWereZombies

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 17:09 - Mar 15 by The_Last_Baron

Name one person who died indirectly?

I cannot make up my mind whether Jo Cox died directly as a result of Brexit or indirectly but I think there can be no argument that she died.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 21:07 - Mar 15 with 791 viewsjeera

This whole thing highlights the barminess of HS2 doesn't it? on 10:03 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

Much improved sovereignty

I liked the old days when we got our own illnesses.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024