Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stupidity of some people 12:56 - Mar 21 with 8755 viewsSouthBucksBlue

In town this morning (Hertfordshire) and lots of people on the high street for the Saturday fresh produce market. Long queues, no panic buying by the look of it but so many people are just not getting the message. Clusters of animated people chatting and laughing but so close to each other. If some of them are infected (which without a doubt some are) the others are going to end up at least carrying it.
People are not getting the message about social distancing.
The country needs an education campaign and fast.
Stupidity of some people on 13:00 - Mar 22 with 1049 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stupidity of some people on 14:11 - Mar 21 by SouthBucksBlue

I drove past a park exercise class this morning.

Not sure that counts towards your 30 minutes of exercise a day

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stupidity of some people on 13:38 - Mar 22 with 1021 viewsm14_blue

Stupidity of some people on 12:50 - Mar 22 by pointofblue

I think it’s irrational self-preservation but self-preservation all the same. The media and the government are also banging the drum about how London has a disproportionate number of cases compared to the rest of the nation but you have to look up the records for everywhere else. There’s no sense of proportion to the data either.

You may be right.

All these holiday makers will discover just how wrong they are if they need an ITU bed and ventilator up here though.

Unfortunately, local residents will also suffer.
Stupidity of some people on 13:45 - Mar 22 with 1004 viewsjeera

Stupidity of some people on 13:00 - Mar 22 by Swansea_Blue

Not sure that counts towards your 30 minutes of exercise a day

Really? I was worn out just reading it.

That doesn't count either I suppose.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Stupidity of some people on 13:45 - Mar 22 with 1005 viewsBloomBlue

Stupidity of some people on 13:38 - Mar 22 by m14_blue

You may be right.

All these holiday makers will discover just how wrong they are if they need an ITU bed and ventilator up here though.

Unfortunately, local residents will also suffer.

Easter will be interesting as a lot of people have holidays booked in the UK and I assume most people dont take out travel insurance for holidays in th UK, which I guess means use it or lose it, ie no refund?
Stupidity of some people on 13:53 - Mar 22 with 992 viewsBrixtonBlue

Stupidity of some people on 09:24 - Mar 22 by BloomBlue

Talking to an old friend on the phone this morning who doesnt live far from me in London and he said the drug dealers and users were still outside yesterday dealing as if nothing has changed. Why dont these young people realise the dangers its putting others in, drugs doesnt stop you catching it and it will put even more pressure on the NHS when they catch CV.
Drugs aren't critical it's a lifestyle choice they like all if us need to change their lifestyles for weeks.

Many of those buying illegal drugs will be addicts. It's not a lifestyle choice for them. If they don't care about the legality of drugs, or the harm those drugs might do to themselves, they're hardly going to worry about a virus.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Stupidity of some people on 14:00 - Mar 22 with 977 viewsStokieBlue

Stupidity of some people on 13:45 - Mar 22 by BloomBlue

Easter will be interesting as a lot of people have holidays booked in the UK and I assume most people dont take out travel insurance for holidays in th UK, which I guess means use it or lose it, ie no refund?

Totally their fault if they don't take out travel insurance.

Nobody should really be going on holiday in Easter - mine was cancelled but at the moment I wouldn't have gone anyway.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Stupidity of some people on 16:19 - Mar 22 with 917 viewsLeaky

Stupidity of some people on 20:30 - Mar 21 by m14_blue

I’d wager that the cases per head are almost as high in Cumbria. If you saw the lakes today there was nothing lonely about it.

The government have said don’t travel unless essential so people coming for a holiday, yes I do blame them. There are nowhere near enough beds here and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we have a major incident declared before almost anywhere else.

It’s a little more complicated if you have 2 houses I guess, you’re probably entitled to choose where you stay.

Just had a look on a coronavirus site, put in my post code down loaded a map of Uk. Checked Cambs. Northants. Suffolk & Beds all seemed around 20 ish people per 100,000. Not sure this data is correct.
Stupidity of some people on 16:23 - Mar 22 with 914 viewspointofblue

Stupidity of some people on 16:19 - Mar 22 by Leaky

Just had a look on a coronavirus site, put in my post code down loaded a map of Uk. Checked Cambs. Northants. Suffolk & Beds all seemed around 20 ish people per 100,000. Not sure this data is correct.

The official record for Suffolk is 15 confirmed cases out of a population of 758,556.
Cambridgeshire has 17 confirmed cases out of a population of 651,482
Northamptionshire has 20 confirmed cases out of a population of 747,622
Central Bedfordshire has 11 confirmed cases out of a population of 283,606

Cumbria has 57 cases out of a population of 498,888 which is what m_14blue is referring to about a disproportionate number.

(Source: BBC, as of 9am on 21/03/2020)

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:26 - Mar 25 with 834 viewstrueblue1970

Stupidity of some people on 19:50 - Mar 25 with 807 viewsgiant_stow

Stupidity of some people on 14:00 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

Totally their fault if they don't take out travel insurance.

Nobody should really be going on holiday in Easter - mine was cancelled but at the moment I wouldn't have gone anyway.

SB

My brothrr owns a holiday cottage and all his punters have cancelled. The agency adviced him to let people cancel with a full refund ehich seems kind and a good long term idea, but apparently, not every owner is happy to follow that advice.

People leaving London need to think of the example of the people of Eyam.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Stupidity of some people on 19:56 - Mar 25 with 795 viewsjeera

Stupidity of some people on 19:50 - Mar 25 by giant_stow

My brothrr owns a holiday cottage and all his punters have cancelled. The agency adviced him to let people cancel with a full refund ehich seems kind and a good long term idea, but apparently, not every owner is happy to follow that advice.

People leaving London need to think of the example of the people of Eyam.

Ooh, good bit of history thrown in there chap.

Greedy holiday let owners being greedy. Who'd have thought?

The refunds need to be pushed through by law. If people are following official advice it shouldn't be open to debate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Stupidity of some people on 20:00 - Mar 25 with 788 viewsgiant_stow

Stupidity of some people on 19:56 - Mar 25 by jeera

Ooh, good bit of history thrown in there chap.

Greedy holiday let owners being greedy. Who'd have thought?

The refunds need to be pushed through by law. If people are following official advice it shouldn't be open to debate.

Amazing village to visit (another time) and guess what? I hear from my spies that its currently full of holiday makers / escapees.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024