Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stupidity of some people 12:56 - Mar 21 with 8757 viewsSouthBucksBlue

In town this morning (Hertfordshire) and lots of people on the high street for the Saturday fresh produce market. Long queues, no panic buying by the look of it but so many people are just not getting the message. Clusters of animated people chatting and laughing but so close to each other. If some of them are infected (which without a doubt some are) the others are going to end up at least carrying it.
People are not getting the message about social distancing.
The country needs an education campaign and fast.
Stupidity of some people on 19:32 - Mar 21 with 2047 viewsBrixtonBlue

We went out for a walk in Crystal Palace park earlier. Queued at the coffee shop in the park, everyone standing 2 meters apart for their takeaway coffees and sarnies, but then people were just walking through the gaps really close to the queuers, utterly defeating the point.

Several people walked too close to us as we walked through the park as well. One old lady brushed past me at one point. I felt like coughing in her ear as she went past, the dumb fark.

The advice is really simple, but some people are just brainless.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Stupidity of some people on 19:40 - Mar 21 with 2023 viewsm14_blue

The Lake District is heaving, Cumbria police having to ask people not to come. We don’t have the hospital beds or infrastructure to cope with anything above the resident population, which is tiny.

It’s not an excuse for a holiday ffs.
Stupidity of some people on 19:43 - Mar 21 with 2015 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Stupidity of some people on 14:07 - Mar 21 by urbanblue

They seem to be on to it here in Oz. I went to Woolies (Our main Supermarket chain) and when I got to the self payment tills there were crosses marked all 1.5 meters apart where we were to stand and queue, along with two girls instructing everyone. I believe that some supermarkets have and others are also adding crosses the same distance apart in the aisles as well.

On saying that while pressing the screen it occurred to me that there was no protection for us there and certainly no Hand Sanitiser to use.

There were even Toilet Rolls on the shelves for the first time in weeks!

Our local Co-op has red lines 1m apart to queue behind. Strangely, the bloke behind my Mrs decided they were invisible. I impolitely told him " They are there for a fcking reason".
I still don,t think it registered.
Wear a mask and disposable gloves in the supermarkets.Am finding a lot of people give me a wide berth.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Stupidity of some people on 20:10 - Mar 21 with 1984 viewsjeera

Stupidity of some people on 19:40 - Mar 21 by m14_blue

The Lake District is heaving, Cumbria police having to ask people not to come. We don’t have the hospital beds or infrastructure to cope with anything above the resident population, which is tiny.

And elsewhere apparently.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/21/cornwall-fears-influx-of-out-of-to
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 20:15]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Stupidity of some people on 20:15 - Mar 21 with 1971 viewsm14_blue

Stupidity of some people on 20:10 - Mar 21 by jeera

And elsewhere apparently.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/21/cornwall-fears-influx-of-out-of-to
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 20:15]

It beggars belief.

And is being repeated across the globe too by all accounts.

A lot of human beings are just idiots.
Stupidity of some people on 20:18 - Mar 21 with 1962 viewsjeera

Stupidity of some people on 20:15 - Mar 21 by m14_blue

It beggars belief.

We deserve a good culling if we're honest, the way we've gone about things.

As a species I mean, not the actual people who are suffering because of the disgusting behaviour of others.

It will be the non guilty who pay.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 20:29]

Stupidity of some people on 20:19 - Mar 21 with 1962 viewssparks

It beggars belief.

Can you really blame them?

Epidemic in London. Risk to oneself staying there. Requirement to stay in- and take lonely country walks. Own a property in Cornwall...

The logic is obvious- humans will clearly be inclined to take to the safer place, and the nicer place to be isolated. Most of us would do the same I suspect.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Stupidity of some people on 20:19 - Mar 21 with 1961 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Stupidity of some people on 17:26 - Mar 21 by badadski

Super markets needs those distance markers like on motor ways to show breaking distances, or you could put a self made sign and stick on your back saying if you can touch me within arms length you are too close, step the F away.

That’s a good idea!
Login to get fewer ads

Stupidity of some people on 20:25 - Mar 21 with 1952 viewsStokieBlue

Stupidity of some people on 19:40 - Mar 21 by m14_blue

Living the life. 80% salary, three months off and no school for the kids. Not really sure what we thought might happen in that scenario.

It's basically a 3 month paid holiday for a lot of the country. I know something had to be done but not an ideal result. We were all hoping people might be more sensible.

SB
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 20:35]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Stupidity of some people on 20:25 - Mar 21 with 1947 viewsjeera

Stupidity of some people on 20:19 - Mar 21 by sparks

Epidemic in London. Risk to oneself staying there. Requirement to stay in- and take lonely country walks. Own a property in Cornwall...

The logic is obvious- humans will clearly be inclined to take to the safer place, and the nicer place to be isolated. Most of us would do the same I suspect.

It's not isolated to the people who already live there though is it.

I can't see why anyone would be less safe in their own home than in any other building.

Yes, it's irresponsible, spreading what you may have into another community and is against the spirit of isolation completely.

Playing on the beach in groups, going to local shops, using the facilities whilst residents who may have been doing all by the book look on in bewilderment.

The village shops here have been raided by people who do not live here and it's harder for those who cannot travel and rely on the local supply.

God I sound like someone from The League of Gentlemen I know.

Stupidity of some people on 20:30 - Mar 21 with 1940 viewsm14_blue

Stupidity of some people on 20:19 - Mar 21 by sparks

I’d wager that the cases per head are almost as high in Cumbria. If you saw the lakes today there was nothing lonely about it.

The government have said don’t travel unless essential so people coming for a holiday, yes I do blame them. There are nowhere near enough beds here and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we have a major incident declared before almost anywhere else.

It’s a little more complicated if you have 2 houses I guess, you’re probably entitled to choose where you stay.
Stupidity of some people on 20:35 - Mar 21 with 1934 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Had to drop in to Tesco Local again early evening.
As I was approaching there were 3 people talking just outside the entrance. Middle aged, looked like a couple and another bloke. Mouths no more than half a meter apart but this is the good bit:
The woman was vaping and exhaling over the 2 blokes. I stopped in my tracks and stared at them. They looked at me with a ‘What?’ look.
We’re all doomed!!!
Stupidity of some people on 06:53 - Mar 22 with 1825 viewsellerblue

Here in Germany i think and hope the message is getting through, went to the local supermarket, security staff on door to regulate how many in the store , check out staff behind plexi screens, clearly marked lines 3 metres apart at check out and amazingly for germans people observing it, no shortages on shelves, the supermarkets have been offered sunday opening, but have declined the offer( dont want the people to start liking it ). The only problem is that central goverment can only advise the 16 states and not order so there is no joined up thinking and different states taking different actions. But the good news is the mainstays of german life have stayed open , the bakeries and the drink warehouses.

Heinsberg Blue

Stupidity of some people on 09:24 - Mar 22 with 1786 viewsBloomBlue

Talking to an old friend on the phone this morning who doesnt live far from me in London and he said the drug dealers and users were still outside yesterday dealing as if nothing has changed. Why dont these young people realise the dangers its putting others in, drugs doesnt stop you catching it and it will put even more pressure on the NHS when they catch CV.
Drugs aren't critical it's a lifestyle choice they like all if us need to change their lifestyles for weeks.
Stupidity of some people on 09:27 - Mar 22 with 1772 viewsDanTheMan

Stupidity of some people on 14:02 - Mar 21 by sparks

Its extraordianry that supermarkets are not washing trolleys and baskets, nor having gel at entrances and insisting people use it.

People still doing the old "pick up something to have a look, put it back" thing too.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Stupidity of some people on 09:28 - Mar 22 with 1769 viewsm14_blue

Stupidity of some people on 09:24 - Mar 22 by BloomBlue

Talking to an old friend on the phone this morning who doesnt live far from me in London and he said the drug dealers and users were still outside yesterday dealing as if nothing has changed. Why dont these young people realise the dangers its putting others in, drugs doesnt stop you catching it and it will put even more pressure on the NHS when they catch CV.
Drugs aren't critical it's a lifestyle choice they like all if us need to change their lifestyles for weeks.

Drug dealers aren’t always the most civic minded.
Stupidity of some people on 09:30 - Mar 22 with 1765 viewssparks

Stupidity of some people on 09:28 - Mar 22 by m14_blue

With a bit of luck, the lack of other people out and about (if people start complying...) will make them very exposed. Good opportunity to take some of them off the streets.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Stupidity of some people on 09:46 - Mar 22 with 1750 viewsHurleyBurley

Stupidity of some people on 16:07 - Mar 21 by sparks

Wife just took my daughter out to play at the netball and tennis court. Its usually empty. Bunch of kids turned up half way through to play football. They left.

If youre in favour of social distancing, I'm not sure your wife and daughter should be in a social/communal area.

It's a bit like going to a pub with your mate and then group of lads walk in and you feel peeved you have to leave.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

Stupidity of some people on 09:48 - Mar 22 with 1748 viewssparks

Stupidity of some people on 09:46 - Mar 22 by HurleyBurley

If youre in favour of social distancing, I'm not sure your wife and daughter should be in a social/communal area.

It's a bit like going to a pub with your mate and then group of lads walk in and you feel peeved you have to leave.

Not really. Its usually an empty court, which they would use without any social contact at all. Once people turned up- they left.

Stupidity of some people on 10:45 - Mar 22 with 1729 viewspointofblue

It beggars belief.

Self-preservation - if you lived somewhere where the virus was far higher than the rest of the nation but could move somewhere where it was much lower what would you do?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Stupidity of some people on 12:16 - Mar 22 with 1702 viewsThe_Major

I'm afraid it's time for a full lockdown. People are just not listening now. You could blame the media for crying wolf before, you could blame the Government for not doing things quick enough, but now the blame is squarely on each and every person ignoring the self distancing rules. Words like "checkpoints" and "curfew" make me shiver to my boots, but I'm afraid that's where we are now if we want to beat this.

I am getting angrier and angrier about this. It seems to be people of all ages, classes, political persuasions whatever doing this. If you want to put yourself at risk through your own stupidity or taking an "it's only the flu" attitude, fine, more fool of you. If, by you doing this you cause someone else to fall ill and perhaps die, I hope you can live with it. If by doing this you cause someone I care about to fall ill and perhaps die, you'd better pray I don't find you.
Stupidity of some people on 12:35 - Mar 22 with 1694 viewsm14_blue

Stupidity of some people on 10:45 - Mar 22 by pointofblue

Self-preservation - if you lived somewhere where the virus was far higher than the rest of the nation but could move somewhere where it was much lower what would you do?

As I’ve already said, Cumbria already has one of the highest concentrations of virus and very few hospital beds.

It’s nothing to do with rational self preservation, it’s people being arseholes.
Stupidity of some people on 12:50 - Mar 22 with 1683 viewspointofblue

Stupidity of some people on 12:35 - Mar 22 by m14_blue

As I’ve already said, Cumbria already has one of the highest concentrations of virus and very few hospital beds.

It’s nothing to do with rational self preservation, it’s people being arseholes.

I think it’s irrational self-preservation but self-preservation all the same. The media and the government are also banging the drum about how London has a disproportionate number of cases compared to the rest of the nation but you have to look up the records for everywhere else. There’s no sense of proportion to the data either.

Stupidity of some people on 12:59 - Mar 22 with 1652 viewsBloomBlue

Stupidity of some people on 09:28 - Mar 22 by m14_blue

I agree but what about those buying the drugs
Stupidity of some people on 13:00 - Mar 22 with 1651 viewspointofblue

Stupidity of some people on 12:59 - Mar 22 by BloomBlue

I agree but what about those buying the drugs

Likewise. All they’re focused on is getting a high. It’s an uncontrollable addiction; civic responsibility isn’t even considered.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024