Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? 06:58 - Mar 26 with 1427 viewsGluedtoBlue

The article is doing the rounds on all major news sites with the wording 'according to her family' but I'm struggling to recall - or find - any stats issued by the government that confirm a 21 year old with no healh issues passing away.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 07:13 - Mar 26 with 1353 viewsDarth_Koont

Maybe. But it's also likely there'll be some extreme outliers too.

Either way, it should help focus the minds of some younger people who don't understand that they need to take this seriously for others' sake.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 07:15 - Mar 26 with 1350 viewsfactual_blue

I don't think it's 'fake news' in the sense of deliberately made up to mislead or be clickbait. The girl has clearly died. Whether the family (in their understandable distress) are correct in their assertion that she died of Covid-19 is another matter. There's no comment from any health professional. And with regard to 'underlying health conditions', she didn't have a diagnosed underlying health condition.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 07:50 - Mar 26 with 1273 viewsHerbivore

Assuming she developed pneumonia as a result of Covid-19 then it's quite conceivable that she died. That said it is unusual for someone to get pneumonia from it if their immune system is entirely healthy as usually the body will fight it off before it gets to that stage.

A friend of mine nearly died in his 20s from a chest infection that developed into pneumonia and at the time he had no known underlying health conditions, but it transpired that he has some sort of issue with his immune system that meant it just didn't fight the infection. Needless to say he's now totally self isolating (unlike a lot of the over 70s based on what I'm still seeing locally).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 08:12 - Mar 26 with 1211 viewsitfcjoe

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 07:50 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

Assuming she developed pneumonia as a result of Covid-19 then it's quite conceivable that she died. That said it is unusual for someone to get pneumonia from it if their immune system is entirely healthy as usually the body will fight it off before it gets to that stage.

A friend of mine nearly died in his 20s from a chest infection that developed into pneumonia and at the time he had no known underlying health conditions, but it transpired that he has some sort of issue with his immune system that meant it just didn't fight the infection. Needless to say he's now totally self isolating (unlike a lot of the over 70s based on what I'm still seeing locally).

There is a coach of a Spanish team seriously ill (Malaga?) as he got it and turned out he had leukemia but undisagnosed as yet.

That's the issue people seem to be forgetting, like your friend - they may appear to be fit and healthy but may not be to the 'right' extent

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 08:42 - Mar 26 with 1103 viewsPinewoodblue

Not far short of 1,000 people die each week in the UK from Sepsis, often triggered by pneumonia.

Sepsis Strikes all ages, not just the elderly.
Covid-19 can lead to pneumonia.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 09:05 - Mar 26 with 1036 viewsGeoffSentence

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 07:13 - Mar 26 by Darth_Koont

Either way, it should help focus the minds of some younger people who don't understand that they need to take this seriously for others' sake.

that last point is important, everyone needs to treat this seriously but there are people not in any of the vulnerable groups who think it is nothing to worry about. If it is completely fake news it could be useful propaganda to get the message across that everyone needs to take it seriously.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 09:13 - Mar 26 with 987 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is the 21 y/o Covid-19 death fake news? on 07:13 - Mar 26 by Darth_Koont

The dominant affected age group in S Korea was/is 20-29 yr olds. Nearly 40% of hospitalisations in New York are people on 20-54 age group. Shouldn’t really be a surprise when younger people get seriously ill. Yeah, hopefully the emerging picture will help. I always assumed it would need it to get closer to home before some people wake up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024