Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination 17:04 - Apr 20 with 6832 viewsHarry_Palmer

Novak Djokovic has revealed he is against mandatory vaccination and it could put his tennis career in jeopardy if he is prevented from travelling due to not agreeing to take a future Covid-19 vaccine.

It's a shame the press have to leap in with the immature 'anti-vaxxer' remarks instead of engaging in sensible debate, after all this raises an important debate around civil liberties. If the likes of Bill Gates get their way, nobody will be able to work, travel or do pretty much anything else unless they are up to date with all vaccines and eventually have a microchip or some kind of biometric id to prove it.

To my mind maintaining sovereignty of your own body and what goes into it is a fundamental human right, as are the right to work and travel. If we allow the state to mandate medical interventions in order for us to be active in society then we are going down a potentially very dark road in my view.

I am all for making a vaccine available asap for people who feel they need it but I would strongly oppose it being mandatory, after all if the vaccine works then why should anybody who takes it need to fear somebody that doesn't?

I realise Covid-19 has changed the the landscape considerably but I hope most would agree with maintaining the basic right to medical choice and health freedom. What do the good people of TWTD think?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-novak-djokovic-reveals-hes-an-anti-vaxxer
Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 11:13 - Apr 21 with 530 viewsHerbivore

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 09:43 - Apr 21 by Harry_Palmer

I agree the final paragraph is the painting of a future reality that might not transpire but it is actually quite feasible if you look at the factors involved.

As it currently stands ( outside of lockdown conditions ), I can get in my car and drive anywhere I wish to in the UK and nobody can stop me unless I break the law. In an automated system it is quite conceivable that you would have a digital profile and would need some sort of 'pass' to enable access to the vehicle. If you don't have your vaccines or whatever other requirements the Government dictates the 'computer says no'. This is really not as far-fetched as it seems.

Yes it is. Why would you need some sort of biometric passport to go somewhere in your automated vehicle? We could have biometric passports limiting forms of travel already if we so wished but we don't.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 11:23 - Apr 21 with 515 viewsHarry_Palmer

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 09:10 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Slippery slope arguments are incredibly weak.

Thanks for your considered response. Any thoughts on the mandatory vaccine issue or whether you would be happy to have this forced on you despite the documented evidence that corners will be cut working to the incredibly short timescale for the production of a C19 vaccine?

A 'slippery slope argument' as you put it could easily be framed as putting together the pieces of the jigsaw to reveal the picture which is slowly being fitted into place. If people choose to ignore it until it is too late then we will all suffer. Bill Gates is quite open about wanting mandatory vaccines for every Man, Women and Child on the planet as well as microchipping everybody. You might want to have a look at which organisations and institutions he is funding, many of whom are currently 'advising' our Government.
Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 11:29 - Apr 21 with 509 viewsHarry_Palmer

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 11:13 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Yes it is. Why would you need some sort of biometric passport to go somewhere in your automated vehicle? We could have biometric passports limiting forms of travel already if we so wished but we don't.

I'm not saying it is going to happen tomorrow . Pre C19 the public would have been strongly opposed to such a measure I would imagine. In the post C19 world where things will be very different and there could be a large proportion of society that is dependent on handouts I suspect it would be a much easier sell and there would be much less resistance.

Hey, just my view and I could be wrong, I hope very much that I am.
Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 11:46 - Apr 21 with 503 viewsStokieBlue

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 11:23 - Apr 21 by Harry_Palmer

Thanks for your considered response. Any thoughts on the mandatory vaccine issue or whether you would be happy to have this forced on you despite the documented evidence that corners will be cut working to the incredibly short timescale for the production of a C19 vaccine?

A 'slippery slope argument' as you put it could easily be framed as putting together the pieces of the jigsaw to reveal the picture which is slowly being fitted into place. If people choose to ignore it until it is too late then we will all suffer. Bill Gates is quite open about wanting mandatory vaccines for every Man, Women and Child on the planet as well as microchipping everybody. You might want to have a look at which organisations and institutions he is funding, many of whom are currently 'advising' our Government.

"A 'slippery slope argument' as you put it could easily be framed as putting together the pieces of the jigsaw to reveal the picture which is slowly being fitted into place."

One could easily say that putting together the pieces of a jigsaw to reveal a picture could easily be driven almost totally by confirmation bias and usually is. Human minds are exceptional at finding patterns even when the patterns aren't really there. There are lots of studies on this and it can (not always) lead to seeing things that simply aren't there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 11:46 - Apr 21 with 500 viewsHerbivore

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 11:23 - Apr 21 by Harry_Palmer

Who is talking about forcing people to be vaccinated? You've introduced that idea. Your OP is based on someone refusing to be vaccinated, which suggests it's not mandatory. You're not putting together a jigsaw, you're making wild assumptions using fallacious reasoning.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 11:48]

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 12:27 - Apr 21 with 488 viewsHarry_Palmer

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 11:46 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Who is talking about forcing people to be vaccinated? You've introduced that idea. Your OP is based on someone refusing to be vaccinated, which suggests it's not mandatory. You're not putting together a jigsaw, you're making wild assumptions using fallacious reasoning.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 11:48]

I've only introduced the idea to this board via Novak Djokovic but it is being discussed elsewhere.

Matt Hancock has threatened it previously, Bill Gates certainly has and there was a professor last week ( name escapes me ) on the Beeb that also raised it.
Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 12:47 - Apr 21 with 467 viewsHerbivore

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 12:27 - Apr 21 by Harry_Palmer

I've only introduced the idea to this board via Novak Djokovic but it is being discussed elsewhere.

Matt Hancock has threatened it previously, Bill Gates certainly has and there was a professor last week ( name escapes me ) on the Beeb that also raised it.

Actually the quote from Novak is that he is opposed to vaccination full stop, not to mandatory vaccination. He then says he'd be conflicted if he couldn't travel if he refused to be vaccinated. That's not the same thing. As for Matt Hancock, he spoke about compulsory vaccination in schools as a measure to combat the decline in take up of the MMR vaccine. Nothing to do with Covid-19 and it's not an idea that's progressed since he first flagged it some time ago.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 13:04 - Apr 21 with 457 viewsHarry_Palmer

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 12:47 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Actually the quote from Novak is that he is opposed to vaccination full stop, not to mandatory vaccination. He then says he'd be conflicted if he couldn't travel if he refused to be vaccinated. That's not the same thing. As for Matt Hancock, he spoke about compulsory vaccination in schools as a measure to combat the decline in take up of the MMR vaccine. Nothing to do with Covid-19 and it's not an idea that's progressed since he first flagged it some time ago.

"The men's tennis world number one admitted his opposition to vaccinations, saying "I wouldn't want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine" and that if it were made compulsory he would have to make a decision"

Yes he says he is opposed full stop but he also refers to being against being "forced".

The article also states "Prominent figures in tennis have said all players should be vaccinated when competition starts again, provided a vaccination against COVID-19 is produced by then." So I think it is reasonable grounds for starting a discussion around mandatory vaccination.

I take the point about Hancock and MMR but it shows that it is in his thinking and it wouldn't take a great leap to imagine him making a C19 vaccine mandatory. I guess time will tell but I suspect we will be hearing more about this in the coming months.
Login to get fewer ads

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 13:21 - Apr 21 with 445 viewsHerbivore

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 13:04 - Apr 21 by Harry_Palmer

"The men's tennis world number one admitted his opposition to vaccinations, saying "I wouldn't want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine" and that if it were made compulsory he would have to make a decision"

Yes he says he is opposed full stop but he also refers to being against being "forced".

The article also states "Prominent figures in tennis have said all players should be vaccinated when competition starts again, provided a vaccination against COVID-19 is produced by then." So I think it is reasonable grounds for starting a discussion around mandatory vaccination.

I take the point about Hancock and MMR but it shows that it is in his thinking and it wouldn't take a great leap to imagine him making a C19 vaccine mandatory. I guess time will tell but I suspect we will be hearing more about this in the coming months.

If they make vaccination a condition of tennis players travelling again that is not the same thing as mandatory vaccination. Mandatory means you have to have it, Novak can refuse he just won't be able to travel. And that is perfectly fair if the evidence suggests that non-vaccinated players may be at risk of spreading the disease.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 13:26 - Apr 21 with 440 viewsSpruceMoose

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 13:21 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

If they make vaccination a condition of tennis players travelling again that is not the same thing as mandatory vaccination. Mandatory means you have to have it, Novak can refuse he just won't be able to travel. And that is perfectly fair if the evidence suggests that non-vaccinated players may be at risk of spreading the disease.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024