Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination 17:04 - Apr 20 with 6826 viewsHarry_Palmer

Novak Djokovic has revealed he is against mandatory vaccination and it could put his tennis career in jeopardy if he is prevented from travelling due to not agreeing to take a future Covid-19 vaccine.

It's a shame the press have to leap in with the immature 'anti-vaxxer' remarks instead of engaging in sensible debate, after all this raises an important debate around civil liberties. If the likes of Bill Gates get their way, nobody will be able to work, travel or do pretty much anything else unless they are up to date with all vaccines and eventually have a microchip or some kind of biometric id to prove it.

To my mind maintaining sovereignty of your own body and what goes into it is a fundamental human right, as are the right to work and travel. If we allow the state to mandate medical interventions in order for us to be active in society then we are going down a potentially very dark road in my view.

I am all for making a vaccine available asap for people who feel they need it but I would strongly oppose it being mandatory, after all if the vaccine works then why should anybody who takes it need to fear somebody that doesn't?

I realise Covid-19 has changed the the landscape considerably but I hope most would agree with maintaining the basic right to medical choice and health freedom. What do the good people of TWTD think?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-novak-djokovic-reveals-hes-an-anti-vaxxer
Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:30 - Apr 20 with 682 viewssparks

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:28 - Apr 20 by midastouch

Don't always judge a book by its cover.

But you can make informed judgments about a person's credentials from the lack of them. Which he did. And was right.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:30 - Apr 20 with 683 viewsGuthrum

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 18:12 - Apr 20 by Harry_Palmer

I'm not sure you can really claim that to be the case for a vaccine that has not yet been produced although I take your general point.

It is my experience though that adverse reactions are both under-reported initially and very much under investigated when they are reported.

Tho the safety testing is why it will be a year before a vaccine (if one can be developed) is available, not three months.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:31 - Apr 20 with 681 viewsmidastouch

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:19 - Apr 20 by DanTheMan

It's weird how you cut out the last line:
Blaylock has endorsed views inconsistent with the scientific consensus, including that food additives such as aspartame and monosodium glutamate (MSG) are excitotoxic in normal doses.[2][3][4]

Or how about this view he also holds?

Blaylock has called the American medical system 'collectivist' and has suggested that health-care reform efforts under President Obama are masterminded by extragovernmental groups that wish to impose euthanasia.[20] He blamed the purported collectivism of American medicine for the retirement of his friend Miguel Faria. According to Blaylock, the former Soviet Union tried to spread collectivism by covertly introducing illegal drugs and various sexually transmitted diseases into the United States.[20]

As we are just copying from wikipedia.

No one really likes being judged, yet everyone seems to be doing it, including you.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:32 - Apr 20 with 677 viewsmidastouch

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:30 - Apr 20 by sparks

But you can make informed judgments about a person's credentials from the lack of them. Which he did. And was right.

wow, a judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one, hallelujah!

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:34 - Apr 20 with 667 viewsDanTheMan

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:31 - Apr 20 by midastouch

No one really likes being judged, yet everyone seems to be doing it, including you.

People can judge me all they like. If he didn't want to be judged, I would have thought not being a public figure would be a start.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:40 - Apr 20 with 658 viewssparks

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:32 - Apr 20 by midastouch

wow, a judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one, hallelujah!

Err- not all opinions are equal. You are proposing and supporting one, which is based on the "science" of someone with plainly nonsensical views. And offering his credentials as a basis to accept someone else's plainly nonsensical views.

You've made an arse of yourself tbh.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:42 - Apr 20 with 656 viewsmidastouch

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:34 - Apr 20 by DanTheMan

People can judge me all they like. If he didn't want to be judged, I would have thought not being a public figure would be a start.

He has been judged to a degree by his Amazon reviews. And that's from people who actually bothered to read the book. And before you poo poo Amazon reviews, have you ever purchased a book off Amazon based on its reviews? An honest yes or no answer please?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 19:42]

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:47 - Apr 20 with 648 viewsmidastouch

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:40 - Apr 20 by sparks

Err- not all opinions are equal. You are proposing and supporting one, which is based on the "science" of someone with plainly nonsensical views. And offering his credentials as a basis to accept someone else's plainly nonsensical views.

If you scroll further up I said I'm sympathetic to both sides of the debate. But hey, don't let that stop you calling me an arse. All I asked somebody above is have they ever read a book or any data from the other side of the debate. Is that really such a crime round here?

Login to get fewer ads

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:48 - Apr 20 with 646 viewsN2_Blue

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:40 - Apr 20 by sparks

not as much of an arse as you made of yourself on this thread:
The Times with another explosive scoop.... by itfcjoe 18 Apr 2020 19:25
Won’t be long until these Tories are truly held to account.

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1251563504118771712?s=21

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:50 - Apr 20 with 640 viewsmidastouch

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:48 - Apr 20 by N2_Blue

not as much of an arse as you made of yourself on this thread:
The Times with another explosive scoop.... by itfcjoe 18 Apr 2020 19:25
Won’t be long until these Tories are truly held to account.

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1251563504118771712?s=21

Wow, a judge, jury, executioner and a detective. I must of really rattled your cage for you to go to those sort of lengths.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:50 - Apr 20 with 638 viewsStokieBlue

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:42 - Apr 20 by midastouch

He has been judged to a degree by his Amazon reviews. And that's from people who actually bothered to read the book. And before you poo poo Amazon reviews, have you ever purchased a book off Amazon based on its reviews? An honest yes or no answer please?

Amazon reviews? Unbelievable. That's possibly the poorest justification of "evidence" I've ever seen on here.

And you wonder why I didn't respond your your questions on conspiracies the other day. You are at the point in the well documented cycle where anything which might undermine your viewpoint is part of a concerted and untruthful campaign against your viewpoint.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:53 - Apr 20 with 636 viewssparks

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:50 - Apr 20 by midastouch

Wow, a judge, jury, executioner and a detective. I must of really rattled your cage for you to go to those sort of lengths.

The enormous lengths of tapping out a couple of short replies on a forum I frequent?

I am ashamed by how upset I am. Embarrasing for me.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:53 - Apr 20 with 636 viewsfactual_blue

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 18:36 - Apr 20 by homer_123

I've given you the excuse to post this again, right?

'Twas too good an opportunity to miss.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:54 - Apr 20 with 635 viewsDanTheMan

That's very selective bias.

For example, lets take a completely random book, absolutely at random.

Like say this book:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009LJSIBY/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Look at that, 5 star reviews! It must be good.

AMBASSADORS BETWEEN WORLDS: Intergalactic Gateway to a New Earth, is a collection of amazing and profound conversations with enlightened extraterrestrials. Topics include the nature of God, evolution of the soul, finding your purpose, living your passion, cleaning up the environment, and developing new energy resources.

Wow!

Here's one review:

Miller is painstakingly consciousness about the accuracy of the transcripts of her interactions with the various beings she communicates with from the Inter-galactic Alliance of Light.

Her book is a fascinating exploration of the mind-set, priorities and central values of the Alliance's humanoid and alien civilizations living in the fifth or other dimensions.

It's a little too wonkie for my style, likely because the gravitas of the subject is so high for Miller.

But, this book will be, I predict, historically significant, although few can understand that now.

As awareness of humanity's inter-dimensional allies of light and those opposing entities of the negative or dark becomes more widescreen, this book will be looked to by humanity for answers they seek, which is why the book is chalk full of basic questions humans would ask aliens if they had the chance -- questions about time, space, science, religion, politics, society, economics, government, Earth's history.

Can't wait to read it!

And yes I have bought a book that I was unsure if I'd like based off of Amazon reviews. And other products for that matter. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Also Blayblock didn't write the book, he wrote the foreword. Unless all they were doing was reviewing the foreword, it has very little relevance.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:56 - Apr 20 with 630 viewsmidastouch

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:50 - Apr 20 by StokieBlue

Amazon reviews? Unbelievable. That's possibly the poorest justification of "evidence" I've ever seen on here.

And you wonder why I didn't respond your your questions on conspiracies the other day. You are at the point in the well documented cycle where anything which might undermine your viewpoint is part of a concerted and untruthful campaign against your viewpoint.

SB

That would be the same thread where I also commended you as being a valuable and well-respected poster. A view I still hold regardless of any of the above.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:58 - Apr 20 with 621 viewsfactual_blue

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 18:34 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

Anaphylaxis secondary to previously unknown severe egg allergy is the primary cause of death. And occurances of that are generally 1 in several million, if not billions.

They sound very risky to me then.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:02 - Apr 20 with 611 viewsN2_Blue

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:50 - Apr 20 by midastouch

wtf.... i'm referring to Sparks, not you. Thought it was bit rich of him considering the level of ridiculous he came out with on that thread as pointed out by a good number of posters

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:05 - Apr 20 with 605 viewssparks

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:02 - Apr 20 by N2_Blue

wtf.... i'm referring to Sparks, not you. Thought it was bit rich of him considering the level of ridiculous he came out with on that thread as pointed out by a good number of posters

Clearly ridiculous to want evidence and detail before arriving at a firm view...

You got me.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:07 - Apr 20 with 604 viewsmidastouch

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:02 - Apr 20 by N2_Blue

Apologies. My mistake.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:11 - Apr 20 with 599 viewsazuremerlangus

There are some countries in the world where you need to carry your yellow fever inoculation certificate as proof to gain entry. If you don't want to have that jab then you cannot get into those countries.

So this is nothing new.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:26 - Apr 20 with 571 viewsmidastouch

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 19:54 - Apr 20 by DanTheMan

That's very selective bias.

For example, lets take a completely random book, absolutely at random.

Like say this book:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009LJSIBY/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Look at that, 5 star reviews! It must be good.

AMBASSADORS BETWEEN WORLDS: Intergalactic Gateway to a New Earth, is a collection of amazing and profound conversations with enlightened extraterrestrials. Topics include the nature of God, evolution of the soul, finding your purpose, living your passion, cleaning up the environment, and developing new energy resources.

Wow!

Here's one review:

Miller is painstakingly consciousness about the accuracy of the transcripts of her interactions with the various beings she communicates with from the Inter-galactic Alliance of Light.

Her book is a fascinating exploration of the mind-set, priorities and central values of the Alliance's humanoid and alien civilizations living in the fifth or other dimensions.

It's a little too wonkie for my style, likely because the gravitas of the subject is so high for Miller.

But, this book will be, I predict, historically significant, although few can understand that now.

As awareness of humanity's inter-dimensional allies of light and those opposing entities of the negative or dark becomes more widescreen, this book will be looked to by humanity for answers they seek, which is why the book is chalk full of basic questions humans would ask aliens if they had the chance -- questions about time, space, science, religion, politics, society, economics, government, Earth's history.

Can't wait to read it!

And yes I have bought a book that I was unsure if I'd like based off of Amazon reviews. And other products for that matter. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Also Blayblock didn't write the book, he wrote the foreword. Unless all they were doing was reviewing the foreword, it has very little relevance.

Nothing is random on Amazon. It most likely came up as a result of your prior Amazon search history.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:34 - Apr 20 with 558 viewsBluesquid

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 18:27 - Apr 20 by factual_blue

In the current climate, if and when a vaccine becomes available, I wouldn't be at al surprised to find the unvaccinated treated as complete pariahs.

Possible implications not only for travel, but employment, financial issues (esp all types of insurance) and no doubt many other things.

Yes you may be right, it's possible that everyone will be required to have a
Certificate.Of.Vaccination.ID. for Covid in order to travel or even work.

[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 21:07]
Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:36 - Apr 20 with 559 viewsDanTheMan

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:26 - Apr 20 by midastouch

Nothing is random on Amazon. It most likely came up as a result of your prior Amazon search history.

I was being sarcastic.

That's Neil Millers daughter.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:41 - Apr 20 with 552 viewsfactual_blue

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:34 - Apr 20 by Bluesquid

Yes you may be right, it's possible that everyone will be required to have a
Certificate.Of.Vaccination.ID. for Covid in order to travel or even work.

[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 21:07]

It wouldn't even need to be mandatory in areas like insurance; they'd just whack your premium up or refuse to cover you.

Novak Djokovic against mandatory vaccination on 20:44 - Apr 20 with 549 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine thinking that this is a good argument!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024