Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right people, let's talk mattresses 08:24 - Apr 24 with 2997 viewsBluefish

who has signed up for one of these new ones? Any good? Things to look for? Are they all the same? Did you do the trial? Any catches?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:11 - Apr 24 with 2930 viewshampstead_blue

what type of matress are you talking about?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:19 - Apr 24 with 2924 viewsBluefish

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:11 - Apr 24 by hampstead_blue

what type of matress are you talking about?

These simba, casper, Emma, Leesa etc. Things that seem to be all the rage now.

I've spent loads on pocket springs over the years and get fed up at how quickly they lose quality despite upgrading on them. All of my kids have the new foam style ( from before these new ones came out) and they are still in perfect condition

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:23 - Apr 24 with 2915 viewsSwansea_Blue

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:19 - Apr 24 by Bluefish

I've spent loads on pocket springs over the years and get fed up at how quickly they lose quality despite upgrading on them. All of my kids have the new foam style ( from before these new ones came out) and they are still in perfect condition

I've never spent the night on top of an Emma, so sorry can't help.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:45 - Apr 24 with 2901 viewsfabian_illness

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:23 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

I've never spent the night on top of an Emma, so sorry can't help.

What about a Casper?
Right people, let's talk mattresses on 10:45 - Apr 24 with 2869 viewshampstead_blue

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:19 - Apr 24 by Bluefish

I see.

These don't work for me. A real lack of air circulation. The plastic type ones cannot be recycled.

We've spent a chunk on a handmade one. Made in Yorkshire. Pocket spring. Natural wool.
It's amazing.

Edit; Sorry to be negative but wanted to share another view and not just put down your idea.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 10:46]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 10:47 - Apr 24 with 2863 viewsSwansea_Blue

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:45 - Apr 24 by fabian_illness

What about a Casper?

Sounds spooky

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 10:52 - Apr 24 with 2858 viewsBluefish

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 10:45 - Apr 24 by hampstead_blue

I see.

These don't work for me. A real lack of air circulation. The plastic type ones cannot be recycled.

We've spent a chunk on a handmade one. Made in Yorkshire. Pocket spring. Natural wool.
It's amazing.

Edit; Sorry to be negative but wanted to share another view and not just put down your idea.

Cheers. I noticed handmade ones this morning so happy to have the other view. I have been spending more and more on quality of traditional pocket sprung but they seem to lose the quality quickly

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 13:34 - Apr 24 with 2789 viewsPendejo

I bought an expensive mattress for Christmas 2018 as I was told he would assist me with a physical ailment and in my opinion it did. Can't remember brand or be bothered to look right now

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 14:03 - Apr 24 with 2761 viewsBroomy99

We bought some ‘renewed’ Emma mattresses via Wowcher (I think), the foam inside had been used previously as part of the 100 free trial period (which we viewed as 100 max - assuming some people wouldn’t use the full duration) but the cover put on the mattress was new. As a consequence the price was heavily discounted. Worth a look if you considering them. The matress is surprisingly firm for foam and offers good support. Probably wouldn’t advise them if you weigh more than 15 stome though, might struggle to retain it’s shape. Downside of doing it this way is also the fact there is no trial period so like it lump it. But we took the risk as felt the significant (70% ish) discount was worth it.

Happy with the purchase.
Right people, let's talk mattresses on 14:26 - Apr 24 with 2751 viewsBluefish

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 14:03 - Apr 24 by Broomy99

We bought some ‘renewed’ Emma mattresses via Wowcher (I think), the foam inside had been used previously as part of the 100 free trial period (which we viewed as 100 max - assuming some people wouldn’t use the full duration) but the cover put on the mattress was new. As a consequence the price was heavily discounted. Worth a look if you considering them. The matress is surprisingly firm for foam and offers good support. Probably wouldn’t advise them if you weigh more than 15 stome though, might struggle to retain it’s shape. Downside of doing it this way is also the fact there is no trial period so like it lump it. But we took the risk as felt the significant (70% ish) discount was worth it.

Happy with the purchase.

Cheers. I'm about 14 stone but could go either way during lockdown. The aim is to get to 12 but my dodgy knees and love of food and drink is pushing the number the wrong way

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 14:54 - Apr 24 with 2721 viewsKeno

Is this a Godfather quotes thread?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 15:44 - Apr 24 with 2707 viewsSacrebleu

I've slept with Emma. Pretty good performance if you ask me. Well worth the money.
Right people, let's talk mattresses on 17:19 - Apr 24 with 2683 viewsDurovigutum

Read this

https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/understanding-beds

For everything you might want to know about mattresses, and some.
Right people, let's talk mattresses on 19:04 - Apr 24 with 2657 viewsazuremerlangus

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 10:45 - Apr 24 by hampstead_blue

I see.

It's amazing.

Fully agree with that - our current mattress is a memory foam do-dah thingy and it is bloody awful.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 09:36 - Apr 25 with 2571 viewshampstead_blue

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 10:52 - Apr 24 by Bluefish

Cheers. I noticed handmade ones this morning so happy to have the other view. I have been spending more and more on quality of traditional pocket sprung but they seem to lose the quality quickly

We got ours from here. https://www.buttonandsprung.com/perendale-king-size-mattress
The Perendale.

It's 7 years old and perfect. We are getting another bed for us soon, Super King Size, and will buy from them again.

Cannot recommend them highly enough. It's a chunk of money but worth every penny.

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 11:11 - Apr 25 with 2547 viewsmikeybloo88

I'll try and give you a serious answer...my wife and I like different mattress types and a year ago we stopped trying to compromise with one double mattress and bought a super king bed frame to put two single mattresses in. We ordered a Casper for her as it's a firmish medium/firm and a Leesa for me as a bit softer. She loves the Casper but the Leesa was a bit soft for me. I tried it for about 90 days and returned, absolutely no quibble from them and instant refund. I then got an Otty, which is a partly sprung hybrid like Simba, and it's been great as its just the softer side of medium/firm. We havent found any hot/sweating issues even with the Casper which is all foam and they've kept their shape really well, no sagging. Anyway,hope this is of some use but try them out, the 100 day thing is definitely worth doing.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 11:12]
Right people, let's talk mattresses on 12:15 - Apr 25 with 2513 viewsBluefish

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 11:11 - Apr 25 by mikeybloo88

I'll try and give you a serious answer...my wife and I like different mattress types and a year ago we stopped trying to compromise with one double mattress and bought a super king bed frame to put two single mattresses in. We ordered a Casper for her as it's a firmish medium/firm and a Leesa for me as a bit softer. She loves the Casper but the Leesa was a bit soft for me. I tried it for about 90 days and returned, absolutely no quibble from them and instant refund. I then got an Otty, which is a partly sprung hybrid like Simba, and it's been great as its just the softer side of medium/firm. We havent found any hot/sweating issues even with the Casper which is all foam and they've kept their shape really well, no sagging. Anyway,hope this is of some use but try them out, the 100 day thing is definitely worth doing.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 11:12]

Perfect amswer thanks so much. Which do you prefer the hybrid or the foam?

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 18:06 - Apr 25 with 2475 viewsmikeybloo88

Right people, let's talk mattresses on 12:15 - Apr 25 by Bluefish

Perfect amswer thanks so much. Which do you prefer the hybrid or the foam?

Personally I like the hybrid as being a 14 stone chap, I think it offers slightly better support. But both are vey comfortable and not a great deal of difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024