Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who else is going to cancel today.. 13:52 - Apr 30 with 3622 viewsTown_Boy

After reading the latest news about January. Would be silly to keep paying £30 a month till then

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 18:15 - Apr 30 with 1148 viewsSteve_M

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 17:43 - Apr 30 by tractorboy1978

There are several clubs in a more perilous financial position than us (Colchester and Accrington for example) that haven't taken the 'extract money from the fans approach'.

I think realistically it has to be a three-pronged approach with fans continuing to support the club if they can, the players taking wage deferrals (we've heard nothing on this front yet) and Evans taking a financial hit.

I would agree that the burden needs to be split as you describe and, although those clubs might not have done so yet, but I would expect most clubs to still ask for season ticket money from fans without the prospect of any football.

Whether spending that money is a good idea is a personal choice that may depend on circumstances. I hope for some rationalisation (read cut backs) in what clubs spend on wages.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 11:31 - May 1 with 1039 viewstractorboy1978

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 18:15 - Apr 30 by Steve_M

I would agree that the burden needs to be split as you describe and, although those clubs might not have done so yet, but I would expect most clubs to still ask for season ticket money from fans without the prospect of any football.

Whether spending that money is a good idea is a personal choice that may depend on circumstances. I hope for some rationalisation (read cut backs) in what clubs spend on wages.

I struggle with the fans being asked for money before we have any announcement on player wage deferrals I have to be honest. They must have been discussing this for weeks and ME gave the 'all in this together' narrative when he announced season ticket details.
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 11:39 - May 1 with 1034 viewsChateauWines

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:05 - Apr 30 by DinnernotTea

On the flipside, why the hell are so many people telling others they've renewed? It's very self indulgent thinking your £500 has "saved the club" when there isn't a single shred of evidence it's in trouble.

I am going to cancel as cannot see how we will be allowed back at games anytime soon. Why pay for a service we will not receive? My local pub is going to struggle but I'm not being asked to pay for drinks I may or may not ever have. Football has to understand it is not a special case. And a credit note if no games or paying effectively £20 a game to watch it on tv is ridiculous.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:20 - May 1 with 997 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 11:39 - May 1 by ChateauWines

I am going to cancel as cannot see how we will be allowed back at games anytime soon. Why pay for a service we will not receive? My local pub is going to struggle but I'm not being asked to pay for drinks I may or may not ever have. Football has to understand it is not a special case. And a credit note if no games or paying effectively £20 a game to watch it on tv is ridiculous.

What you decide to do is up to you of course, but you must see that keeping your football club going is a bit different to any other business?

I don't have an emotional attachment to the local pub, the gym or the petrol station at the end of the road.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:29 - May 1 with 985 viewsDinnernotTea

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:20 - May 1 by BrixtonBlue

What you decide to do is up to you of course, but you must see that keeping your football club going is a bit different to any other business?

I don't have an emotional attachment to the local pub, the gym or the petrol station at the end of the road.

Jesus Christ man, YOU ARE NOT SAVING THIS CLUB!!!! Until the Ipswich Star run a campaign saying "save ITFC", get your cape off, step down from the perch and be quiet towards anyone not renewing.

If you can't see the irony of a handful trotting out you must renew when the coaching staff and players get paid a few hundred grand in the past few weeks then there's no helping you. Was it a week ago that "talks" were ongoing about a wage deferral? Seems Coventry players want to "save" their club more than ours do.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 14:31]

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:45 - May 1 with 963 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:29 - May 1 by DinnernotTea

Jesus Christ man, YOU ARE NOT SAVING THIS CLUB!!!! Until the Ipswich Star run a campaign saying "save ITFC", get your cape off, step down from the perch and be quiet towards anyone not renewing.

If you can't see the irony of a handful trotting out you must renew when the coaching staff and players get paid a few hundred grand in the past few weeks then there's no helping you. Was it a week ago that "talks" were ongoing about a wage deferral? Seems Coventry players want to "save" their club more than ours do.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 14:31]

Sorry but I won't be silenced by a numpty who doesn't give two sh!ts about the club he supposedly supports. If everyone failed to renew the club would die. That's a fact. You're an utter moron if you think Evans would just fund it all on his own.

Whether the players defer or not is neither here nor there to me doing my bit to keep the club going. I'm certainly not going to say, well the club died but the players didn't defer so that's why I didn't do my bit either. None of it matters if there's no club left.

Whilst people continue to brag about how they're not renewing, those of us who are have every right to say why we think it's the right thing to do. Who the F are you to tell people who care about their club to be quiet?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:58 - May 1 with 949 viewsBLUEBEAT

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:14 - Apr 30 by Ewan_Oozami

Getting the North Stand roof swung it for me - proves Evens is totally committed to the club...

There was some rain.

So it was cancelled.

Maybe.

Poll: W or W

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:21 - May 1 with 940 viewsDinnernotTea

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:45 - May 1 by BrixtonBlue

Sorry but I won't be silenced by a numpty who doesn't give two sh!ts about the club he supposedly supports. If everyone failed to renew the club would die. That's a fact. You're an utter moron if you think Evans would just fund it all on his own.

Whether the players defer or not is neither here nor there to me doing my bit to keep the club going. I'm certainly not going to say, well the club died but the players didn't defer so that's why I didn't do my bit either. None of it matters if there's no club left.

Whilst people continue to brag about how they're not renewing, those of us who are have every right to say why we think it's the right thing to do. Who the F are you to tell people who care about their club to be quiet?

You're a nobody dear boy. A tiny, tiny, tiny worthless cog in the machine of Marcus Evans.

Now take that cape off.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Login to get fewer ads

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:51 - May 1 with 927 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:21 - May 1 by DinnernotTea

You're a nobody dear boy. A tiny, tiny, tiny worthless cog in the machine of Marcus Evans.

Now take that cape off.

No, I'm a supporter of Ipswich Town Football Club.

I'm not a superhero, nor do I think I am. I'm just someone who wants to see his club survive.

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:39 - May 1 with 903 viewsEwan_Oozami

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 11:39 - May 1 by ChateauWines

You have a season ticket to your local pub?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:45 - May 1 with 899 viewsPecker

As I have said before, I support ITFC, not players and managers. The club have given me so many incredible memories down the years, the least I can do, is renew my ST now.
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:48 - May 1 with 895 viewsfooters

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:45 - May 1 by Pecker

As I have said before, I support ITFC, not players and managers. The club have given me so many incredible memories down the years, the least I can do, is renew my ST now.

Well said, mate.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:58 - May 1 with 879 viewsEwan_Oozami

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:21 - May 1 by DinnernotTea

Now take that cape off.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 17:03 - May 1 with 873 viewsVaughan8

Have I missed something? What is "the latest news about January."
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 17:05 - May 1 with 870 viewsMattinLondon

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:28 - Apr 30 by BrixtonBlue

Again, I don't know why people feel the need to come on here and brag about cutting off their funding of the club. Just do it if that's what you want to do. You don't need to tell the world about it.

Sorry, downvote in error.
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 17:59 - May 1 with 842 viewscarlisleaway

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 17:05 - May 1 by MattinLondon

Sorry, downvote in error.

Well said Brixton Blue, we do not have to shout from the upper SBRS that we have renewed. But it is our right to support the club in these bad times, many of you on this board may not like ME but at least we will still have a club to follow when this disease has been removed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024