Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School summer holidays 19:50 - Apr 30 with 1498 viewsYallop

So if the schools go back in June what's stopping reducing the summer holidays to one week?
School summer holidays on 22:12 - Apr 30 with 1402 viewsBent_double

I think they've already said this definitely won't happen, I can understand the logic to claw back some of the lost time, but if there is going to be any hope for the UK hospitality industry this year, they should probably leave the summer holidays alone.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

School summer holidays on 00:48 - May 1 with 1326 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

That implies teachers either don't need a break or that this situation has been a holiday for us.

Neither is true.
School summer holidays on 08:09 - May 1 with 1191 viewsBathBlue

I’m guessing you’re not familiar with the role of a teacher during lockdown
School summer holidays on 08:36 - May 1 with 1177 viewsr2d2

My sister is a teacher and hasnt had any time off during this. Teachers are an essential worker. They need a couple of weeks off too.
School summer holidays on 13:18 - May 1 with 1112 viewsCBBlue

School summer holidays on 08:36 - May 1 by r2d2

My sister is a teacher and hasnt had any time off during this. Teachers are an essential worker. They need a couple of weeks off too.

Especially as they worked through the Easter holidays too.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

School summer holidays on 14:20 - May 1 with 1069 viewsYallop

School summer holidays on 08:09 - May 1 by BathBlue

I’m guessing you’re not familiar with the role of a teacher during lockdown

Apart from being a key worker with a child at school, your right I have no idea.
School summer holidays on 17:47 - May 1 with 1022 viewsMullet

The law.

The fact that people might have commitments like weddings, holidays and the like both as staff and families. So if it becomes feasible to end social distancing and have large gatherings before, during and after school then it is likely we'll be "back to normal"

Which other industries will willingly have their employment rights infringed in this scenario?

How will you cope with the massive impact on children's wellbeing when you add several weeks to what's already the longest term effectively?

It will also cost an inordinate amount of money as you'll be paying staff overtime as we have been at work full time.

Apart from that, and probably many other considerations. Nothing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Teachers are too lazy to accept that.... on 17:53 - May 1 with 1014 viewsBloots

….they only work about 6 hours a day, and nothing at weekends.

And most of the time they are just giving kids ipads to play with while they mark homework anyway.

They couldn't possibly go without the 20ish weeks holiday they get each year.

Innit.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

School summer holidays on 18:23 - May 1 with 989 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Staff and he contracts would be the simple answer.

Think of it like if you see people who have worked from home instead of the office could make up the hours away when they go back. There are 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week. It is reasonable they need 8 hours sleep and some travel time. Maybe when they go back they could do 14 hours a day 7 days a week for a couple of months. They would then make up around 48 hours a week and be back even after 8-10 weeks of doing it.

Problem is there are business owners that would see this as reasonable and all at no extra pay.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024