Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t 08:10 - May 4 with 3332 viewshoppy

About acceptance or ignoring it... and seen some of the replies, I thought it worth posting this, in the hope it might make some people think a bit more...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich-mum-in-hospital-with-coronavirus-1-6635883

Stay safe everyone.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 13:22 - May 4 with 446 viewsGuthrum

This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 11:21 - May 4 by BlueBadger

Most of the face coverings I've seen in the supermarket either won't do the job(because they're thin scarves that will soon moisten and offer little no no effective barrier in or out) or are being worn very badly - ie, not properly fitted to the face, they're constantly being removed and hung around chins /necks so the the wearer can scratch/talk on the phone.etc and seem to be offering a false sense of security to their owners. Most of the mask wearers I've encountered in the supermarket seem to believe that they're now immune to everything and *will* invade your 2 metre zone.

I suffer from an allergy-driven rhinitis that this year has manifested itself as a dry cough rather than the traditional sniffles. I normally rein it in a fair bit bit I'm tending to 'let it go' a bit in the supermarket when faced with one of these berks. I've also taken to using my trolley to 'block' aisles so people can't sneak up behind me.

Tho the aisle blocking thing can be just as problematic when people stop to urgently update their Facebook profile, to ponder for 10 minutes which one of a stack of 500 identical tins of beans they want to purchase, or simply because their brain has fallen out. That behaviour is fine in normal times, but nowadays there is a fidgety queue building up, full of people who think 2 metres is the same as a yard. Not to mention the three shoppers who are queueing from the wrong direction.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 13:27]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 13:28 - May 4 with 428 viewsDarth_Koont

I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Be prepared for a couple of bumps on the way - it seems to have a way of wiping you out so that you have a few relapses on the way back just when you're starting to feel better. My sister felt like going for a walk and my brother-in-law decided to have a glass of wine with dinner - both decisions put them back into bed for a day.

Pronouns: He/Him

This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 14:01 - May 4 with 387 viewslongtimefan

This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 12:02 - May 4 by Ace_High1

This is where you need to pre-plan.

Credit card out of wallet already in back pocket ready for the checkpoint. Remove left glove, insert credit card, then use gloves right hand to put in PIN number....... left hand to put credit card back into pocket, glove back on.... get the hell out of there!! Dispose of gloves.

You must have better disposable gloves than me! Mine are impossible to remove without the fingers turning inside out and would be impossible to replace without touching the insides with the other potentially exposed glove.
This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 16:57 - May 4 with 326 viewshoppy

Thank you to all for your comments and best wishes.

She’s still responding well to treatment and the consultant said they’re going to try and get her off the oxygen today (as I said to someone earlier, I’m presuming he means the assisted oxygen as opposed to any at all!) so it’s just a case of waiting really! I spoke to her earlier and she sounded quite groggy and not making a lot of sense (due to the meds) but that’s as much of an update as I have!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 17:15 - May 4 with 306 viewsjeera

This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 14:01 - May 4 by longtimefan

You must have better disposable gloves than me! Mine are impossible to remove without the fingers turning inside out and would be impossible to replace without touching the insides with the other potentially exposed glove.

I honestly don't understand why people don't have a soap dispenser in the car.

Just the regular push top type you buy anywhere.

Some way full with antiseptic disinfectant and washing up liquid, filled up with water.

Some kitchen roll to dry.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 17:21 - May 4 with 304 viewsPhilTWTD

This certainly isn’t a ‘look at me’... but having just read the lockdown t on 16:57 - May 4 by hoppy

Thank you to all for your comments and best wishes.

She’s still responding well to treatment and the consultant said they’re going to try and get her off the oxygen today (as I said to someone earlier, I’m presuming he means the assisted oxygen as opposed to any at all!) so it’s just a case of waiting really! I spoke to her earlier and she sounded quite groggy and not making a lot of sense (due to the meds) but that’s as much of an update as I have!

Good to hear they're hoping to take her off the oxygen, sounds like a big step in the right direction. Send our regards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024