Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone written to their Tory MP? 23:21 - May 24 with 7434 viewstractordownsouth

Here's my contribution for what it's worth. Many of the MPs who've broken rank so far have done so off the back of constituent emails, so I'd encourage as many people to complain as possible.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 12:03 - May 27 with 1222 viewsfooters

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 12:01 - May 27 by GaryCooper

No my main concern is the NHS decision to empty the hospitals of all but the critically ill and send them back to their care homes, in excess of 12500 deaths, keep clapping.

I would suggest that for those on severely restricted budgets the discounting of council tax may be a priority? The frolicking furloughers are happy with their sour dough starter and banana bread.

So much projection in every post. I don't remember you being this swivel-eyed under your previous name on here. But it is quite amusing.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 12:04]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 12:04 - May 27 with 1221 viewsHerbivore

No my main concern is the NHS decision to empty the hospitals of all but the critically ill and send them back to their care homes, in excess of 12500 deaths, keep clapping.

I would suggest that for those on severely restricted budgets the discounting of council tax may be a priority? The frolicking furloughers are happy with their sour dough starter and banana bread.

You have a really weird world view, I can't quite work it out. You come across as incredibly bitter towards your fellow man whilst also pretending to care about them, whilst ultimately mainly being concerned about your own self.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 12:04]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 12:13 - May 27 with 1183 viewsm14_blue

So very edgy.
Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 12:15 - May 27 with 1178 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, I reckon furloughed sports centre workers are bang into a bit of home baked sourdough.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 12:18 - May 27 with 1168 viewsClapham_Junction

And what part of the public sector pays for those care home places?
Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 12:59 - May 27 with 1120 viewsm14_blue

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 12:15 - May 27 by Dubtractor

Yeah, I reckon furloughed sports centre workers are bang into a bit of home baked sourdough.

And everyone knows all those shop workers, barmen, waitresses and cleaners are leaders in the metropolitan elite.
Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 15:26 - May 27 with 1077 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 11:21 - May 25 by midastouch

Some are better than others. I wrote to Rory Stewart once and he sent me a lovely reply even though he is in (or at least was at that time) a totally different constituency.
Perhaps politics (at least in theory) would work better if we simply voted for the best MP on offer (in any given area) rather than always following tribal lines. But sadly (with the folly of first past the post) you're never going to get enough people to make that viable.

I've always said this. Hence why I have voted different parties at different elections, local and national at different times. Tribalism is pointless.

I would write to my MP but the last time I did she told me she was too busy in parliament and referred me back to the organisation I was complaining about.
Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 19:25 - May 27 with 1020 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I,ve just received a reply, pretty much towing the party line and expected that to be honest.

On the plus side, i was addressed by my first name instead of the usual guff.

Which was nice.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 20:03 - May 27 with 991 viewsjeera

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 19:25 - May 27 by StochesStotasBlewe

I,ve just received a reply, pretty much towing the party line and expected that to be honest.

On the plus side, i was addressed by my first name instead of the usual guff.

Which was nice.

(Toeing).

But it would have been the usual guff just with your name at the top to make you feel special.

Which seems to have worked!

Heh.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 20:32 - May 27 with 972 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 20:03 - May 27 by jeera

(Toeing).

But it would have been the usual guff just with your name at the top to make you feel special.

Which seems to have worked!

Heh.

I was being sarcastic.
Sarcasm being the lowest form of wit, it probably did not come across as intended.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 20:36 - May 27 with 964 viewsjeera

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 20:32 - May 27 by StochesStotasBlewe

I was being sarcastic.
Sarcasm being the lowest form of wit, it probably did not come across as intended.

Sorry, I was only playing.

I posted earlier in the thread that I wrote to my MP recently over a certain matter, ( it was to express concern for private renters amidst this crisis), and received a reply that was completely irrelevant with some bog standard advice about washing hands or something.

Ffs, they didn't even bother to try to blag it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 20:59 - May 27 with 944 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anyone written to their Tory MP? on 20:36 - May 27 by jeera

Sorry, I was only playing.

I posted earlier in the thread that I wrote to my MP recently over a certain matter, ( it was to express concern for private renters amidst this crisis), and received a reply that was completely irrelevant with some bog standard advice about washing hands or something.

Ffs, they didn't even bother to try to blag it.

That doesn,t surprise me one bit.
One reply that they think fits all.
Although the e mail back to me was not the response i had hoped for, which again was no surprise, it was at least on topic and detailed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024