Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I voted Tory in 2010...never again 05:38 - May 27 with 1501 viewsIPS_wich

Having never voted for the Conservatives before I bit the bullet and voted for them in 2010 - simply because I could not stand Labour under Brown anymore.

But, having now lived through a decade of Tory government, I'll happily take well-meaning incompetence over self-serving, myopic greed every time. Just wish I had been a bit older so I could have appreciated just how bad the Tories were under Thatcher - rather than being hoodwinked by Cameron to think the DNA of the party had actually changed.
I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 07:54 - May 27 with 1372 viewsHerbivore

It's always important to acknowledge mistakes and learn from them. Good for you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 08:30 - May 27 with 1332 viewsKropotkin123

The only reason Brown wasn't qualified for the job was because he was bad at the media side of politics (both in terms of looks and tactics).

Whilst in office, he made astute long-term decisions based on evidence, rather than emotive politics. For example, not joining the Euro because it failed his five economic tests. Putting us in a much better position when we had the banking crisis.

Why sensible and intelligent people, such as yourself, voted against him in favour of a slimy chancer is beyond me. It demonstrates a serious weakness of the "free press" to undermine our democracy by controlling disources.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 08:43 - May 27 with 1303 viewsPinewoodblue

As a matter of interest how did you vote in subsequent elections?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 08:43 - May 27 with 1303 viewsHerbivore

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 08:30 - May 27 by Kropotkin123

The only reason Brown wasn't qualified for the job was because he was bad at the media side of politics (both in terms of looks and tactics).

Whilst in office, he made astute long-term decisions based on evidence, rather than emotive politics. For example, not joining the Euro because it failed his five economic tests. Putting us in a much better position when we had the banking crisis.

Why sensible and intelligent people, such as yourself, voted against him in favour of a slimy chancer is beyond me. It demonstrates a serious weakness of the "free press" to undermine our democracy by controlling disources.

Similarly we were promised "chaos" under Ed Milliband because he looked a bit funny and couldn't eat a bacon samdwich. I wonder whether it would even have been possible for him to have had a more chaotic 5 years than we've experienced since 2015. I think probably not.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 09:49 - May 27 with 1244 viewsBlueBadger

Brown was Mick McCarthy to Cameron's Jewell, May's Hurst and Johnson's Lambert.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 10:07 - May 27 with 1214 viewsmonytowbray

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 09:49 - May 27 by BlueBadger

Brown was Mick McCarthy to Cameron's Jewell, May's Hurst and Johnson's Lambert.

Even Bluefish would say that's harsh on Lambert.

Johnson would be more like if we'd hired Harry Redknapp and his dog as his assistant.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 10:10 - May 27 with 1201 viewsmos

Thank you for this post.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 15:38 - May 27 with 1068 viewsIPS_wich

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 08:43 - May 27 by Pinewoodblue

As a matter of interest how did you vote in subsequent elections?

Sorry, been offline for a few hours.

In 2015, despite the vitriol aimed at them I voted Lib Dem. Mainly because I’d read the Orange Book in 2012 and thought it more closely matched my own views than any other party.

In 2017 voted Labour in a futile attempt to try and kick out the Tories so Brexit could be annulled.

In 2019, I voted Lib Dem again because I fully supported the single issue of rejecting Brexit. I knew it was a futile vote, but at least it gave me one last chance to reject this economic genocide the UK is inflicting upon itself.

I should caveat this all with the observation that 2024 (assuming this govt goes for a full five year term) will be my last chance to vote in a UK election because I will then have lived outside the country for more than 10 years. Having got Australian citizenship a couple of months ago I am now required to vote in Australia as well (it’s compulsory), so I need to get my head around who to vote for here because there isn’t really a slightly left of centre party to vote for (because despite being called the Liberal party, the current government is definitely right of centre.
Login to get fewer ads

I voted Tory in 2010...never again on 15:46 - May 27 with 1049 viewsIPS_wich

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Brown has gone on the record to say he made huge mistakes in the mid-2000s with regards to banking regulation that exacerbated the impact of the financial crisis. Not forgetting his policy of selling off the gold reserves, and leaving the coffers empty when he left office (the treasury note...’there’s nothing left’).

I’d rank Brown on a par with May as a PM; but the sad thing is they will both go down in history as far better PMs than Call me Dave or the COVID buffoon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024