Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile, you may have missed this 08:35 - May 27 with 3511 viewsbluelagos

Sunday Times insight team report into the back modelling that demonstrates how the virus spread whilst Boris Johnson dithered about implementing a lockdown.

By implication, 10s of thousands of people have died because of this..

It is copyrighted..so anyone who wants a read, will need to google it....
[Post edited 27 May 2020 8:43]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:45 - May 27 with 1646 viewssparks

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:41 - May 27 by bluelagos

I'll be as clear as I can. (I am off shortly so can't do much more)

They were told if they didn't lockdown and carried on with their current policies, 200k deaths would happen.

The article states that they accepted that advice and then took 9 days to lockdown.

I don't think the model (which is available online) went into dates of when they should act. It modeled scenarios of policy. The policy they adopted was (according to the article) delayed to the point that the virus spread far more than it would have done if they had locked down when they got the report.

Understood.

As I say, if there was a clear piece of advice that was not acted upon, especially given their claims at the time that they were following the science, that is a massive issue.

I will be surprised if Whitty and his colleague actively supported comments to that effect which were blatantly wrong- though they may have thought it for the greater good at the time.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:50 - May 27 with 1631 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:44 - May 27 by bluelagos

It's not my point - it's the ST.

And the lockdown was not until Mar 23rd. The modelling shows that the govt actions of that week were not sufficient to delay the spread.

(Don't blame me - I didn't write the news report!)

I am off - genuinely.

in which case the sunday times analysis doesn't actually match up with events as we all lived through them. the government announced shut down measures on 16th march as shown by the headlines i have linked. if the sunday times is ignoring that and pretending it didn't happen to 23rd march then that's a bit dodgy really.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:57 - May 27 with 1615 viewsmonytowbray

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:50 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

in which case the sunday times analysis doesn't actually match up with events as we all lived through them. the government announced shut down measures on 16th march as shown by the headlines i have linked. if the sunday times is ignoring that and pretending it didn't happen to 23rd march then that's a bit dodgy really.

You are the most compliant, subservient person on this forum right now.

And you'll still scream BUT THE LEFT when we end up under authoritarian rule.

Well done.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:59 - May 27 with 1606 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:57 - May 27 by monytowbray

You are the most compliant, subservient person on this forum right now.

And you'll still scream BUT THE LEFT when we end up under authoritarian rule.

Well done.

great response to the point made. well done.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:04 - May 27 with 1599 viewsDarth_Koont

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:59 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

great response to the point made. well done.

He's not wrong. You're ridiculously attached to defending the political game, whatever the colour.

Pronouns: He/Him

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:20 - May 27 with 1571 viewsTrumptonBlue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 13:50 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

Wiki: "On 16 March, Prime Minister Boris Johnson advised everyone in the UK against "non-essential" travel and contact with others, as well as suggesting people should avoid pubs, clubs and theatres [which obviously were still open], and work from home if possible.

"Having previously "advised" the public to avoid pubs and restaurants, on 23 March, Boris Johnson announced in a television broadcast that measures to mitigate the virus were to be tightened further in order to protect the NHS, with wide-ranging restrictions made on freedom of movement, enforceable in law."

The Stay at Home message, which stipulated the below reasons for going out, didn't come in until the 23rd.

* Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
* One form of exercise a day — for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household
* Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
* Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home
* That’s all — these are the only reasons you should leave your home.
* You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say No.
* You should not be meeting family members who do not live in your home. You should not be going shopping except for essentials like food and medicine – and you should do this as little as you can. And use food delivery services where you can.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 14:24]
Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:48 - May 27 with 1552 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:20 - May 27 by TrumptonBlue

Wiki: "On 16 March, Prime Minister Boris Johnson advised everyone in the UK against "non-essential" travel and contact with others, as well as suggesting people should avoid pubs, clubs and theatres [which obviously were still open], and work from home if possible.

"Having previously "advised" the public to avoid pubs and restaurants, on 23 March, Boris Johnson announced in a television broadcast that measures to mitigate the virus were to be tightened further in order to protect the NHS, with wide-ranging restrictions made on freedom of movement, enforceable in law."

The Stay at Home message, which stipulated the below reasons for going out, didn't come in until the 23rd.

* Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
* One form of exercise a day — for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household
* Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
* Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home
* That’s all — these are the only reasons you should leave your home.
* You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say No.
* You should not be meeting family members who do not live in your home. You should not be going shopping except for essentials like food and medicine – and you should do this as little as you can. And use food delivery services where you can.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 14:24]

yep, first stage on 16th march, then tightened further on 23rd march.

at the time the measures on 16th march seemed pretty dramatic as the newspaper headlines show.

but the point is how do the governments actions, and the staged implementation of the restrictions, relate to the scientific and behavioural advice that the government received. at present none of us, including the sunday times, have an answer to that.

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:50 - May 27 with 1551 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:04 - May 27 by Darth_Koont

He's not wrong. You're ridiculously attached to defending the political game, whatever the colour.

i just like to rely on evidence rather than pursuing some endless party political grudge. sorry about that.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:52 - May 27 with 1547 viewsSpruceMoose

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:50 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

i just like to rely on evidence rather than pursuing some endless party political grudge. sorry about that.

Can you start relying on capital letters please?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:54 - May 27 with 1542 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:52 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Can you start relying on capital letters please?

you're just a slave to convention. you live in a grey world of typographical conformity.

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:55 - May 27 with 1539 viewsDarth_Koont

Haha. Pants on fire.

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:58 - May 27 with 1533 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:55 - May 27 by Darth_Koont

Haha. Pants on fire.

haha. dk in denial.

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:00 - May 27 with 1522 viewsDarth_Koont

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 14:58 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

haha. dk in denial.

Hardly. Just stating the facts.

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:01 - May 27 with 1514 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:00 - May 27 by Darth_Koont

Hardly. Just stating the facts.

when you say 'facts' i think you mistyped 'repetitive agenda'.

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:09 - May 27 with 1492 viewsDarth_Koont

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:01 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

Says the poster who only ever posts about his narrow political views ...

I don't deny I have a political agenda. But I'm not a boot-licking bot.

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:15 - May 27 with 1466 viewsmonytowbray

Would that “evidence” be official government line still saying lockdown started on 23rd March?

Because without the members of the public with a brain we’d be much worse off if we had of waited until then for the majority.

You are the person Dominic Cummings loves. You’re doing his job for him. Good bootlicker.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 15:17]

TWTD never forgets…

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:17 - May 27 with 1463 viewsmonytowbray

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:01 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

Man, take a self awareness course. Please.

TWTD never forgets…

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:20 - May 27 with 1454 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:09 - May 27 by Darth_Koont

Says the poster who only ever posts about his narrow political views ...

I don't deny I have a political agenda. But I'm not a boot-licking bot.

you're as tribal and blinkered as anyone on here.

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:21 - May 27 with 1451 viewslowhouseblue

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:15 - May 27 by monytowbray

Would that “evidence” be official government line still saying lockdown started on 23rd March?

Because without the members of the public with a brain we’d be much worse off if we had of waited until then for the majority.

You are the person Dominic Cummings loves. You’re doing his job for him. Good bootlicker.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 15:17]

and once more in english?

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:21 - May 27 with 1448 viewsDarth_Koont

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:20 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

you're as tribal and blinkered as anyone on here.

What's my tribe then?

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:36 - May 27 with 1418 viewsmonytowbray

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:21 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

and once more in english?

What part of it doesn’t make sense to you?

You spend more of your time on here angry at the left wing whilst letting the people you claim to be angry at off the hook. Look around you for christ’s sake.

TWTD never forgets…

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:42 - May 27 with 1409 viewsmonytowbray

Meanwhile, you may have missed this on 15:21 - May 27 by Darth_Koont

What's my tribe then?

Common decency for the greater good of humanity I’d say.

How f*cking dare you.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024