Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? 13:20 - Jun 4 with 1673 viewsitfcjoe

Reason being is I’ve just had 2 speeding tickets drop on my doormat as it seems for one day only my 6 seater Vito has been classified as a goods vehicle/van

Despite going up and down the a12 at 70 for weeks at a time, it’s never been seen as such

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 13:21 - Jun 4 with 1646 viewsNewcyBlue

It’s stated on the V5C

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 13:31 - Jun 4 with 1600 viewsKeno

just send them back saying your acting on paternal instinct undertaking a self monitoring eye-test and that as far you are concerned you were acting within the law

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 13:46 - Jun 4 with 1553 viewsFixed_It

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 13:31 - Jun 4 by Keno

just send them back saying your acting on paternal instinct undertaking a self monitoring eye-test and that as far you are concerned you were acting within the law

And to prove it say that in your defence you didn't see the cameras!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 13:58 - Jun 4 with 1503 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 13:31 - Jun 4 by Keno

And that boris johnson and matt hancock have accepted your explanation, although you understand why reasonably-minded people might disagree with your explanation.

But you did nothing wrong, you won't be apologising, and it's time to move on.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 14:05 - Jun 4 with 1472 viewsKeno

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 13:58 - Jun 4 by factual_blue

And that boris johnson and matt hancock have accepted your explanation, although you understand why reasonably-minded people might disagree with your explanation.

But you did nothing wrong, you won't be apologising, and it's time to move on.

would you offer to make that statement public while sitting in a friends back garden?

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 14:09 - Jun 4 with 1462 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 14:05 - Jun 4 by Keno

would you offer to make that statement public while sitting in a friends back garden?

Depends if you mean 'back garden' literally or as an innuendo...

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 14:14 - Jun 4 with 1445 viewsKeno

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 14:09 - Jun 4 by factual_blue

Depends if you mean 'back garden' literally or as an innuendo...

As you know I first innuendos abhorrent and when I see on on TWTD I think Phil should whip it out as quickly as possible

(Kenneth Williams deserves a hand for that line)

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 14:14 - Jun 4 with 1447 viewsChutney

As has been suggested whatever is on the V5 will likely be binding. You've either been lucky until now, or you've been incorrectly issued the tickets.

I'm not going to claim to be perfect, I have had points in the past but generally I'll abide by the laws where I can, but I think it's a real nonsense rule that the speed limit is different depending on a piece of paper when for all intents and purposes the vehicles can be so similar.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 14:20 - Jun 4 with 1420 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 14:14 - Jun 4 by Keno

As you know I first innuendos abhorrent and when I see on on TWTD I think Phil should whip it out as quickly as possible

(Kenneth Williams deserves a hand for that line)

Kenneth Willliams often had a hand, from what I can gather.

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 15:18 - Jun 4 with 1356 viewsMeadowlark

https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/vito-dualiner-goods-vehicle-speeding-ticket-
Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 16:03 - Jun 4 with 1285 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 14:14 - Jun 4 by Chutney

As has been suggested whatever is on the V5 will likely be binding. You've either been lucky until now, or you've been incorrectly issued the tickets.

I'm not going to claim to be perfect, I have had points in the past but generally I'll abide by the laws where I can, but I think it's a real nonsense rule that the speed limit is different depending on a piece of paper when for all intents and purposes the vehicles can be so similar.

Yep, I've read some bits re windows in the back, with fixed seats and seatbelts behind the driver so will try and argue on that basis too.

Agree with you on the rest though, I had a speeding ticket and phone one (whilst stuck in traffic) within a few weeks of each other in 2010, and then a speed awareness course in 2015. But after the SAC I did begin to see the importance in it and drive at the speed limits 99.9% of the time now.

It's just a bit galling, the first one I opened said I was doing 71 which I though was mental, then when the second one said 70 I realised it was due to the vehicle type

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone know anything about classification of goods vehicles? on 17:04 - Jun 4 with 1216 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I parked in Erith on Tuesday night and received a parking ticket with a penalty charge of £0.00.

Ithe goes on to say "If the penalty charge is paid not later than the last day of the period of 14 days beginning with the date on which the notice is served the penalty charge will be reduced by 50% to £0.00."

I am minded to brazen it out and not respond. See if their computer chases me for it.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024