Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This poor lady... 15:48 - Jun 17 with 2142 viewsfooters

...my heart goes out to her. #hungrycoplivesmatter

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This poor lady... on 15:53 - Jun 17 with 1513 viewsclive_baker

You don't expect beef when you go to McDonalds.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This poor lady... on 15:59 - Jun 17 with 1474 viewsSpruceMoose

Paranoid about McDonald's... Paranoid about a black man going for a jog or reaching for his wallet...

I mean... You can see how these poor cops make so many mistakes with their guns.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This poor lady... on 16:07 - Jun 17 with 1449 viewsfooters

This poor lady... on 15:59 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Paranoid about McDonald's... Paranoid about a black man going for a jog or reaching for his wallet...

I mean... You can see how these poor cops make so many mistakes with their guns.

And yet the Hamburglar is still at large... Connect the dots, people!

This poor lady... on 16:11 - Jun 17 with 1440 viewsjeera

This poor lady... on 15:59 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

I'm not quite following.

Was she concerned they were messing her about and might tamper with her food and coffee etc as a spite thing?

I can see why she might be paranoid if that's the case there tbf. Dunno what kind of shift she'd had.

We can't assume they're all the same buh. She might be one of the good ones who is feeling the weight right now?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This poor lady... on 16:16 - Jun 17 with 1419 viewssparks

Sounds like someone who has over-reacted at lousy service, as a result of being stressed to hell and short on sleep.

The very fact that she feels like that suggests she is suffering pretty badly from stress (at the very least) and I have no reason to think that she somehow "deserves" that or should not have my sympathy.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This poor lady... on 16:22 - Jun 17 with 1400 viewsSpruceMoose

This poor lady... on 16:11 - Jun 17 by jeera

I'm not quite following.

Was she concerned they were messing her about and might tamper with her food and coffee etc as a spite thing?

I can see why she might be paranoid if that's the case there tbf. Dunno what kind of shift she'd had.

We can't assume they're all the same buh. She might be one of the good ones who is feeling the weight right now?

She may be, but posting that clip is a spectacular failure to read a room in my opinion. It also plays straight into the Pro-Trump, Pro-Authoritarian talking points, as demonstrated by the replies to that tweet.

Obviously there are good cops. But certainly in the US they've been too quiet for too long. How long can you claim to be a good cop while turning a blind eye to the behaviour of the bad?

If more good cops spoke out against the bad cops then they wouldn't have to be paranoid about coffee. The cynic in me thinks that the only way that'll happen is if the public stops picking up the tab for the never ending stream of lawsuits and it instead it's paid for out of their pension fund. I'm sure that'll help focus their consciences.

I'm the meantime she doesn't seem to be in any condition to do her job, handle a firearm etc. She seems like she needs professional support. She definitely deserves that much.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 16:25]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This poor lady... on 16:24 - Jun 17 with 1385 viewsfooters

This poor lady... on 16:22 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

She may be, but posting that clip is a spectacular failure to read a room in my opinion. It also plays straight into the Pro-Trump, Pro-Authoritarian talking points, as demonstrated by the replies to that tweet.

Obviously there are good cops. But certainly in the US they've been too quiet for too long. How long can you claim to be a good cop while turning a blind eye to the behaviour of the bad?

If more good cops spoke out against the bad cops then they wouldn't have to be paranoid about coffee. The cynic in me thinks that the only way that'll happen is if the public stops picking up the tab for the never ending stream of lawsuits and it instead it's paid for out of their pension fund. I'm sure that'll help focus their consciences.

I'm the meantime she doesn't seem to be in any condition to do her job, handle a firearm etc. She seems like she needs professional support. She definitely deserves that much.

"She seems like she needs professional support."

And her English muffin meal with hash brown.

This poor lady... on 16:26 - Jun 17 with 1371 viewsSpruceMoose

This poor lady... on 16:24 - Jun 17 by footers

I've had one of those. Nobody deserves that. On another note, the NY way to order that item is "Yo gimme a light coffee and a Breakfast at J2's"
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 16:27]

Login to get fewer ads

This poor lady... on 16:29 - Jun 17 with 1355 viewsgordon

This poor lady... on 16:24 - Jun 17 by footers

With mayo, I think.
This poor lady... on 16:30 - Jun 17 with 1350 viewsSpruceMoose

This poor lady... on 16:29 - Jun 17 by gordon

With mayo, I think.

More likely to be Ranch dressing...

This poor lady... on 16:30 - Jun 17 with 1351 viewsjeera

No, it's fair to say I wouldn't want to be apprehended by her right now.

Nor have her mistakenly walk into my apartment thinking it was hers.

You do have to question the support, or lack of, these people receive.

I see Trump has also signed some kind of papers purporting to represent some reforms

This poor lady... on 16:34 - Jun 17 with 1342 viewsfactual_blue

I think it's actually fake news.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This poor lady... on 16:40 - Jun 17 with 1323 viewsfactual_blue

This poor lady... on 16:26 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

I've had one of those. Nobody deserves that. On another note, the NY way to order that item is "Yo gimme a light coffee and a Breakfast at J2's"
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 16:27]

If she's eaten at J2's she certainly needs counselling.

And a stomach pump.

This poor lady... on 16:43 - Jun 17 with 1306 viewsronnyd

Go home straight after your shift and make your own food. At least you know it's providence.
This poor lady... on 16:50 - Jun 17 with 1284 viewsjeera

This poor lady... on 16:43 - Jun 17 by ronnyd

Go home straight after your shift and make your own food. At least you know it's providence.

There is that angle too.

I'm not sure McDs is the best way to replenish after a long day at work.

Joking aside, as far as wellbeing goes, if someone in her position were to live on junk food, that can't be a good thing.

Maybe the old stereotype of cops in donut shops has more truth than I realised.

This poor lady... on 16:53 - Jun 17 with 1269 viewssparks

This poor lady... on 16:50 - Jun 17 by jeera

There is that angle too.

Joking aside, as far as wellbeing goes, if someone in her position were to live on junk food, that can't be a good thing.

Its one visit- she does not have the look of someone who heavily relies on high calorie junk food...

It was misjudged to put it out on a video. She has had a wobble and over reacted- presumably at a time when she felt at the end of her tether. We have all had those days- and I have no doubt that police officers have them at least as often as most, given what they have to deal with daily, combined with shifts etc.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This poor lady... on 16:53 - Jun 17 with 1273 viewsfooters

This poor lady... on 16:43 - Jun 17 by ronnyd

Trump likes Maccers for that very reason; it's all pre-prepared and difficult to tamper with.

That and he's got an awful taste in pretty much everything (daughters aside).

This poor lady... on 16:56 - Jun 17 with 1251 viewsSpruceMoose

This poor lady... on 16:53 - Jun 17 by footers

Trump likes Maccers for that very reason; it's all pre-prepared and difficult to tamper with.

That and he's got an awful taste in pretty much everything (daughters aside).

Rumour is he physically struggles to use a knife and fork. Judging by how he drinks water I'm inclined to believe it.

This poor lady... on 16:57 - Jun 17 with 1245 viewsBlueBadger

I genuinely don't understand how all this turning of a blind eye happens. I am bound both legally and by professional ethics to report bad, dangerous or discriminatory and/or inappropriate practice.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This poor lady... on 16:59 - Jun 17 with 1238 viewsfooters

This poor lady... on 16:56 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Rumour is he physically struggles to use a knife and fork. Judging by how he drinks water I'm inclined to believe it.

Most Americans struggle to use a knife and fork properly in fairness.

This poor lady... on 17:01 - Jun 17 with 1226 viewsSpruceMoose

This poor lady... on 16:57 - Jun 17 by BlueBadger

I genuinely don't understand how all this turning of a blind eye happens. I am bound both legally and by professional ethics to report bad, dangerous or discriminatory and/or inappropriate practice.

You need to get yourself a more powerful and corrupt union buddy!

This poor lady... on 17:04 - Jun 17 with 1209 viewsBlueBadger

This poor lady... on 17:01 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Hurrah for Tories running down all the unions!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This poor lady... on 17:04 - Jun 17 with 1207 viewsDarth_Koont

Two wrongs don't make a right. Although, on this evidence, there's no proof the McDonald's staff were making some point - orders get screwed up.

But she's literally just got a glimpse into being judged and unfairly treated for who she is on the outside and not who she is on the inside. And that's just the overpowering feeling that she might have been mistreated over something as petty as a fast food order.

Nobody should feel scared and undervalued as a human being, but there's definitely a learning moment here.

Pronouns: He/Him

This poor lady... on 17:10 - Jun 17 with 1174 viewsronnyd

This poor lady... on 16:50 - Jun 17 by jeera

There is that angle too.

In the older cop movies, they seemed to expect to be fed for free.
This poor lady... on 17:24 - Jun 17 with 1152 viewsfactual_blue

This poor lady... on 17:01 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

The Moosters, run by Jimmy 'The Antlers' Hooffa?

Reasonably subscriptions available. The 'we wont' break your legs' additional insurance is recommended.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024