Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a 12:16 - Jul 1 with 3080 viewsKievthegreat

Turns out that's what the high calibre Journalists from the Telegraph did!

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 16:30 - Jul 1 with 726 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 15:52 - Jul 1 by gazzer1999

What ever next, people will start looking into the history of the Guardian newspaper origins next.

Ah, this is why they do it.
Because people as thick as Gazzer actually believe it.

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a by BlueBadger 1 Jul 2020 14:05
What is it about right wing types simultaneously claiming that people are 'too easily offended these days' and then starlight-up making sh1t up so they can get upset about it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 16:32 - Jul 1 with 722 viewsHerbivore

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 16:28 - Jul 1 by gazzer1999

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/23/british-business-slave-tra

What are you suggesting is the significance of that link? Spell it out. You've been making insinuations for a while about the Guardian. Why don't you just tell us what their history is, when these things you are concerned about took place, and what you think the relevance is for the Guardian as it is now in the 21st century. I don't think that's asking too much.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 16:53 - Jul 1 with 691 viewsFelstow1978

If anyone's interested i'm burning a witch at the bottom ofthe garden tonight. Free entry, bring your own can of petrol and prejudice and ignorance. No time wasters or snowflakes please

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 17:07 - Jul 1 with 661 viewsartsbossbeard

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 16:32 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

What are you suggesting is the significance of that link? Spell it out. You've been making insinuations for a while about the Guardian. Why don't you just tell us what their history is, when these things you are concerned about took place, and what you think the relevance is for the Guardian as it is now in the 21st century. I don't think that's asking too much.

This was to be his party piece. His glory. His TWTD mark.

Simply waiting for the perfect time to reveal, shout "Taaa-Daaah!!!" but then spaffs it on some statue nonce nonsense.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 17:34 - Jul 1 with 640 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 17:07 - Jul 1 by artsbossbeard

This was to be his party piece. His glory. His TWTD mark.

Simply waiting for the perfect time to reveal, shout "Taaa-Daaah!!!" but then spaffs it on some statue nonce nonsense.

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a by BlueBadger 1 Jul 2020 16:29
It's the most pathetic piece of whatabouttery since this:
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/481005/4614957/who-even-is-dominic-cummings-by-bimboslice#4614957

Full context: a post about Dominic Cummings being a fan of eugenics.

It's basically like saying Donald Trump couldn't possibly be a racist because Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 18:24 - Jul 1 with 611 viewsSwansea_Blue

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 14:20 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

And don't forget all the racism he kindly did for them as well!

He's not racist. They were just metaphors (or something).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 19:22 - Jul 1 with 585 viewsjeera

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 16:28 - Jul 1 by gazzer1999

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/23/british-business-slave-tra

But everyone already knows this.

It only seems to be news to you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 19:26 - Jul 1 with 578 viewsjeera

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 12:27 - Jul 1 by Oldsmoker

Tear down Stonehenge.
An affront to christians.
#fkinpagans

Those pyramids have been a blot on the landscape for too long now.

Just need a river big enough to chuck them into though.

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 20:36 - Jul 1 with 552 viewsgazzer1999

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 19:22 - Jul 1 by jeera

But everyone already knows this.

It only seems to be news to you.

Not sure they know of the Guardians origins and where the money came from, or choose to turn a blind eye to it which is worse as I am sure you agree.
Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 20:47 - Jul 1 with 534 viewsDarth_Koont

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 20:36 - Jul 1 by gazzer1999

Not sure they know of the Guardians origins and where the money came from, or choose to turn a blind eye to it which is worse as I am sure you agree.

Not sure if you're aware of it but the UK's "origins and where the money came from" are all interconnected with slavery, colonialism and centuries of injustice. Often against our own citizens.

It's something you'd expect a modern Brit to be aware of and be slightly less of a flag-waving, world-war-loving twerp about.

Pronouns: He/Him

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:05 - Jul 1 with 528 viewsHerbivore

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 20:36 - Jul 1 by gazzer1999

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:07 - Jul 1 with 526 viewsgazzer1999

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 20:47 - Jul 1 by Darth_Koont

Not sure if you're aware of it but the UK's "origins and where the money came from" are all interconnected with slavery, colonialism and centuries of injustice. Often against our own citizens.

It's something you'd expect a modern Brit to be aware of and be slightly less of a flag-waving, world-war-loving twerp about.

So it's ok then criticise other companies for their past, but don't mention their own. Sorry you've lost me with your last line.
Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:22 - Jul 1 with 503 viewsHerbivore

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:07 - Jul 1 by gazzer1999

So it's ok then criticise other companies for their past, but don't mention their own. Sorry you've lost me with your last line.

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:41 - Jul 1 with 489 viewsjeera

You've brought this up on a few threads now but don't seem to have a point to make.

People have answered you several times now.

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:44 - Jul 1 with 484 viewsHerbivore

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:41 - Jul 1 by jeera

You've brought this up on a few threads now but don't seem to have a point to make.

He doesn't have a point, he's made that pretty clear. It is simply something that helps him to justify to himself dismissing anything that the Guardian publishes.

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:52 - Jul 1 with 484 viewsgazzer1999

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:41 - Jul 1 by jeera

You know full well this is only the 2nd time, and the usual replies from the usual posters. I bet if it was the D/Mail, you would be all over it. And before you ask no I do not read it.
Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:56 - Jul 1 with 478 viewsgazzer1999

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:44 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

He doesn't have a point, he's made that pretty clear. It is simply something that helps him to justify to himself dismissing anything that the Guardian publishes.

No I do not dismiss the reporting in the Guardian, it stands up for a lot of good causes and always has going back to Peterloo.
Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 22:06 - Jul 1 with 461 viewsHerbivore

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:56 - Jul 1 by gazzer1999

No I do not dismiss the reporting in the Guardian, it stands up for a lot of good causes and always has going back to Peterloo.

So what exactly is your point?

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 22:58 - Jul 1 with 433 viewsSwansea_Blue

We could do a lot worse than look to the Germans on this and how they've deal with coming to terms with what happened 80 yrs ago.

It's perfectly possible to acknowledge and atone for past errors (that are no fault of anyone alive today), yet still be outward looking, strong, proud, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 05:49 - Jul 2 with 393 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine someone being offended by a statue of someone who died over 1600 years a on 21:52 - Jul 1 by gazzer1999

You know full well this is only the 2nd time, and the usual replies from the usual posters. I bet if it was the D/Mail, you would be all over it. And before you ask no I do not read it.

So, what IS the point you're trying to make. We all intelligent adults here. Well, the people replying to you are, anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024