Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you do go out tomorrow be patient. 20:58 - Jul 3 with 1682 viewsMelford

My place isn't opening until the 18th so I'm spared the carnage tomorrow but we had a meeting this week so I'm up to date with all the protocol.
It's lunacy to open it all on a Saturday, it should have been a Tuesday to give time for bar and kitchen staff in for 3 months away getting used to the new conditions before the weekend. It's created a massive binge day where everybody's off to the pub. Off for 3 months and expected to work New Year's Eve style business on your first day back with a book of new rules that took us 3 hours to get through from cover to cover.

You can't stand at the bar any more
You will have to sit at your table
Your empty plates won't be cleared until you're gone
You will have to wait for your drinks
One in/one out of the bogs, only one person in the gents/ladies at a time
No live music, any music has to be turned down, no singing or shouting.

That's the new normal for the moment.
We have to do this by law, one case of Covid and the pub will be shut.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 21:09 - Jul 3 with 1626 viewsjeera

I feel for everyone in your trade at the moment.

My sister and husband run the catering and bar at a golf club and know they're stressing about opening tomorrow.

As she says, the golfers who have been using the place since being allowed to recently, are already ignoring distancing rules etc so it's not going to be easy to manage them once inside the bar etc.

And that's just a golf club.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 21:12 - Jul 3 with 1615 viewsFtnfwest

Open on a Tuesday then
If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 21:34 - Jul 3 with 1570 viewsfactual_blue

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 21:09 - Jul 3 by jeera

I feel for everyone in your trade at the moment.

My sister and husband run the catering and bar at a golf club and know they're stressing about opening tomorrow.

As she says, the golfers who have been using the place since being allowed to recently, are already ignoring distancing rules etc so it's not going to be easy to manage them once inside the bar etc.

And that's just a golf club.

Don't most golf club members make farage sound reasonable though?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 21:41 - Jul 3 with 1545 viewsjeera

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 21:34 - Jul 3 by factual_blue

Don't most golf club members make farage sound reasonable though?

My brother in law probably agrees with them so that bit will be fine.

He's a total pr***.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 21:41 - Jul 3 with 1553 viewsgtsb1966

For a few weeks now I've been meeting up with five others in a mates garden on a Saturday night . Social distancing of course and we will be doing that for the rest of the summer or until bar life returns to normal again. As a group we cannot see the point of us all going to the pub at the moment. We've actually had a good laugh just sitting there having conversations whilst drinking a load of beer. I've actually missed restaurants, cafés etc more than the pub.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 21:44]
If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:00 - Jul 3 with 1506 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good post.By all means support your local, but in some cases you can do that anyway becasue some are doing takeout food and/or beer. Butdo't go on a massive bender tomorrow and thik the world revolves around you.

We're opening up on a Monday in Wales. Seems a much better idea to me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:01 - Jul 3 with 1503 viewsvapour_trail

Alright melfers.

All this is the reason I’m not arsed about going to the pub for a while, it sounds sht. We’ve a few boozers where you can get a pint to go through a window which’ll do me for the time being.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:05 - Jul 3 with 1499 viewsgtsb1966

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:00 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Good post.By all means support your local, but in some cases you can do that anyway becasue some are doing takeout food and/or beer. Butdo't go on a massive bender tomorrow and thik the world revolves around you.

We're opening up on a Monday in Wales. Seems a much better idea to me.

Monday makes much more sense . Our government couldn't have messed this up much more if they tried. I can't believe that after three months of the pubs being shut Boris has asked everyone to be sensible. Have a look in the mirror Boris.
Login to get fewer ads

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:12 - Jul 3 with 1482 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:05 - Jul 3 by gtsb1966

Monday makes much more sense . Our government couldn't have messed this up much more if they tried. I can't believe that after three months of the pubs being shut Boris has asked everyone to be sensible. Have a look in the mirror Boris.

There's a lot of worry about the Arts at the moment and Theatres going bust. Does seem a bit odd to have a piss up whileother sectors are left to go to the dogs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:19 - Jul 3 with 1465 viewsgtsb1966

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:12 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

There's a lot of worry about the Arts at the moment and Theatres going bust. Does seem a bit odd to have a piss up whileother sectors are left to go to the dogs.

I'm reading that the government are considering letting gyms open within the next two weeks. So if I'm not mistaken you'll be able to sweat, cough, touch loads of equipment etc......but you can't sing at a wedding. You couldn't make it up.
If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:40 - Jul 3 with 1421 viewsrgp1

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:12 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

I can't wait to get a proper pint but yes the creative arts are going down faster than the titanic!
If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:44 - Jul 3 with 1420 viewsLibero

Yup, I fear it’s going to be something of a sh1t show.
It’s incredible how so many people appear to have forgotten that we’re in the middle of a pandemic and essentially very little has changed since March.

I sincerely hope that people popping out for a pint go out for a jar or two which they enjoy responsibly and then go home once their 2/3 hour slot is up, the idea that there will be thousands of selfish, irresponsible, ignorant berks all around the country going out on all day sessions across multiple pubs concerns me.

If I wasn’t brimming with antibodies you wouldn’t catch me going out for anything beyond essentials/work.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 22:46]
If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:50 - Jul 3 with 1403 viewsvapour_trail

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:44 - Jul 3 by Libero

It’s incredible how so many people appear to have forgotten that we’re in the middle of a pandemic and essentially very little has changed since March.

I sincerely hope that people popping out for a pint go out for a jar or two which they enjoy responsibly and then go home once their 2/3 hour slot is up, the idea that there will be thousands of selfish, irresponsible, ignorant berks all around the country going out on all day sessions across multiple pubs concerns me.

If I wasn’t brimming with antibodies you wouldn’t catch me going out for anything beyond essentials/work.

Don’t blame people that the leadership have given them the green light to do what they want.

And don’t put too much faith in your body brimming with antibodies given we still understand very little about this virus.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:51 - Jul 3 with 1406 viewsSpruceMoose

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:44 - Jul 3 by Libero

Hopefully it won't be similar to here.

Phase two allowed limited outside seating at bars and restaurants, but it may as well have been Phase Woo Hoo. Enough people can't be trusted to do the right thing. Now phase three, which was the opening of the inside of bars and restaurants for limited customers, has been postponed.

People. People are why we can't have nice things.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:56 - Jul 3 with 1393 viewsLibero

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:50 - Jul 3 by vapour_trail

Don’t blame people that the leadership have given them the green light to do what they want.

And don’t put too much faith in your body brimming with antibodies given we still understand very little about this virus.

You’re not wrong, leadership should be held accountable but I’ve been stunned how large sections of the general public have really been abhorrently thick more often than not throughout the crisis.

Yes, I was talking somewhat with tongue in cheek. I feel just about comfortable enough to visit family, but I won’t be going around licking any door handles any time soon...
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 23:01]
If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:59 - Jul 3 with 1389 viewsLibero

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:51 - Jul 3 by SpruceMoose

Phase two allowed limited outside seating at bars and restaurants, but it may as well have been Phase Woo Hoo. Enough people can't be trusted to do the right thing. Now phase three, which was the opening of the inside of bars and restaurants for limited customers, has been postponed.

*sighs* bleak.
If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 23:19 - Jul 3 with 1356 viewsfactual_blue

A lot of the wiser landlords aren't opening until Monday or Tuesday.

I saw something earlier saying that 'Spoons will be requiring customers to fill in a form.

That's cut their customer base to practically zero then.

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 23:20 - Jul 3 with 1351 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 22:50 - Jul 3 by vapour_trail

No Leaders!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 23:23 - Jul 3 with 1350 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It is almost like distancing people from the consequences of their actions was a really bad idea.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 09:05 - Jul 4 with 1149 viewsfactual_blue

People under forty behave like the Omegas in P D James's The Children of Men

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 11:08 - Jul 4 with 1057 viewspimballwizard

If you do go out tomorrow be patient. on 23:19 - Jul 3 by factual_blue

A lot of the wiser landlords aren't opening until Monday or Tuesday.

I saw something earlier saying that 'Spoons will be requiring customers to fill in a form.

That's cut their customer base to practically zero then.

Not a problem.

Plenty of crayons next to the high chairs and the condiment section. Next to the hand sanitiser which may possibly be mistaken for the salad cream.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024