Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing 16:57 - Jul 8 with 1763 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Genuinely scary for us all.

Because as laughable as it is, the guy has as much, if not a better chance, of getting elected than Trump did at the point he announced he was running for it.

Whilst I think he's a complete …………. he is one of the most influential people on social media, married to another one of the most influential people on social media and is endorsed by Elon Musk.

The wealth they have to throw at this thing is limitless and you know full well that Kanye will be all in on it.

Given the African American population there, no matter what your views on him are, surely in their position they'd rather vote for a loon who associates and supports many of the causes they are fighting for and their basic human right to be treated equally than another loon who most people would consider to be racist. That's a huge amount of support right there before you even get into the millions that are easily influenced by social media and the younger voters.

I see West has said he had COVID 19 back in February and that he is anti-vaccine!

Just when you'd hoped that the Trump / Johnson mess in politics was a phase that could be replaced eventually by competent politicians again, it now seems that pretty much anyone with enough money now genuinely feels they have a shot and the alarming thing here is that he surely does.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:00 - Jul 8 with 415 viewsBlueBadger

If you can't be arsed watching the interview, someone's done it for you.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/i-read-kanye-wests-interview-about-his-presiden

Long story short, he's not a well man, I suspect.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 6:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:03 - Jul 8 with 413 viewsflimflam

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 17:45 - Jul 8 by SpruceMoose

Black people aren't morons. They're perfectly able to consider who a) might be the best candidate to represent their wants and needs and b) who is and who isn't bat shït crazy.

You didn't say this but I've seen it elsewhere, and personally I find all this 'black people are bound to vote for a black man regardless of who or what he is' pretty insulting.

I'd guess that your average Black person is no more likely to vote for Kanye than your average White person is likely to vote for Gary Busey or David Ike
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 17:47]

I would never imply black people are morons. The USA as a whole is fairly moronic at the moment but thats a different matter.

There are 10s of thousands of black people who are conservative but if Kanye runs and its a big if I would safely say the majority of any votes he receives would be from the black community.

I still believe Trump is deliberately letting Democrat run cities destroy themselves from within.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:06 - Jul 8 with 403 viewsBlueBadger

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:03 - Jul 8 by flimflam

I would never imply black people are morons. The USA as a whole is fairly moronic at the moment but thats a different matter.

There are 10s of thousands of black people who are conservative but if Kanye runs and its a big if I would safely say the majority of any votes he receives would be from the black community.

I still believe Trump is deliberately letting Democrat run cities destroy themselves from within.

In what way?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Not really my area of expertise..... on 18:07 - Jul 8 with 400 viewsBlueBadger

Not really my area of expertise..... on 18:00 - Jul 8 by Bloots

....but it appears that the whole family including those that have married into it are total mentalists.

Although the daughter that hasn't had implants all over her body is quite hot.

Are we allowed to call women "hot" anymore? I get confused.

Having read through some of the interview I'd like to change my reaction from 'LOL' to 'Holy sh1t, I'm pretty sure this guy is quite seriously ill, please can someone get him some professional help and stop him speaking to reporters'.

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:10 - Jul 8 with 387 viewsSpruceMoose

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:03 - Jul 8 by flimflam

Which cities are you referring to that are being 'destroyed from within'?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:11 - Jul 8 with 389 viewsflimflam

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:06 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

In what way?

Lack of action from Democrat mayors to put a stop to the protesting / rioting and damage to property.

I honestly believe that at some point he will hope that people have had enough and sent in the National Guard to restore order. I wouldn't put it past him.

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:16 - Jul 8 with 366 viewsSpruceMoose

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:11 - Jul 8 by flimflam

Lack of action from Democrat mayors to put a stop to the protesting / rioting and damage to property.

I honestly believe that at some point he will hope that people have had enough and sent in the National Guard to restore order. I wouldn't put it past him.

Protesting is a protected right, and was overwhelmingly peaceful. How and why do you propose Mayors stop that?

Rioting and looting occurred on an extremely small scale, and was on nearly all cases not carried out by those protesting. The majority of the violence was actually being perpetrated by police. As you are aware, no doubt, all this occurred in cities and towns run by Republican mayors too.

So no, there's not some grand plan to let Democratic Mayors 'destroy cities from within' because there is no destruction.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 18:19]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:25 - Jul 8 with 347 viewsflimflam

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:16 - Jul 8 by SpruceMoose

Protesting is a protected right, and was overwhelmingly peaceful. How and why do you propose Mayors stop that?

Rioting and looting occurred on an extremely small scale, and was on nearly all cases not carried out by those protesting. The majority of the violence was actually being perpetrated by police. As you are aware, no doubt, all this occurred in cities and towns run by Republican mayors too.

So no, there's not some grand plan to let Democratic Mayors 'destroy cities from within' because there is no destruction.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 18:19]

No doubt it did happen in Republican run cities but the vast majority of cities are Democrat.

Trump could do a lot more if he really wanted to but he wants chaos and anarchy to continue hoping it turns people.

The 8yr old girl sadly shot a few days ago unfortunately is a case in point.

Login to get fewer ads

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:34 - Jul 8 with 339 viewsSpruceMoose

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:25 - Jul 8 by flimflam

No doubt it did happen in Republican run cities but the vast majority of cities are Democrat.

Trump could do a lot more if he really wanted to but he wants chaos and anarchy to continue hoping it turns people.

The 8yr old girl sadly shot a few days ago unfortunately is a case in point.

15 of the 50 largest cities have either a Republican Mayor or an Independent Mayor - not an insignificant amount. That's not even including all those smaller cities in the west. Of the 100 largest cities 64 have Democrat Mayors, 29 have Republican, 3 have Independent and 4 have non partisan Mayors. Not a vast majority.

I agree with your second paragraph but it's absurd to try and link some imagined lack of willingness on the part of Democratic Mayors to unconstitutionally crush protests to Trump's authoritarian behaviour.

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:52 - Jul 8 with 318 viewstractordownsouth

I really doubt he's running - it's a publicity stunt.

Or if he is running, it's a ploy to split the vote to allow a Trump victory, which won't work

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:54 - Jul 8 with 319 viewstractordownsouth

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 17:45 - Jul 8 by SpruceMoose

Black people aren't morons. They're perfectly able to consider who a) might be the best candidate to represent their wants and needs and b) who is and who isn't bat shït crazy.

You didn't say this but I've seen it elsewhere, and personally I find all this 'black people are bound to vote for a black man regardless of who or what he is' pretty insulting.

I'd guess that your average Black person is no more likely to vote for Kanye than your average White person is likely to vote for Gary Busey or David Ike
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 17:47]

Well yes, quite. All Biden needs to do is go to town on Kanye's comments about slavery being a choice, and I highly doubt West will do well among that demographic

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Not really my area of expertise..... on 19:38 - Jul 8 with 288 viewsAce_High1

....but it appears that the whole family including those that have married into it are total mentalists.

Kendall
This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 20:18 - Jul 8 with 265 viewsGuthrum

His funds are far from limitless without significant backers (not just Elon Musk, whose company is worth a lot on paper, but loses money). Michael Bloomburg burnt through several hundreds of millions of dollars just dipping his toe in the race to be the Democrat candidate. While West might be a very successful musician and Kardashian a media personality, that doesn't generate those levels of funding.

Another thing he lacks is a nationwide organisation to collect nomination signatures, do the admin and mobilise the vote. That can't be done overnight and he's already running out of time.

Thirdly, he will have to quickly come up with some sort of coherent political message. Trump's slogans in 2016 may have been dubious, but they were targeted, concise and repeatedly hammered home. Formulating a proper, detailed political programme is even more complicated and time-consuming.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 20:23 - Jul 8 with 261 viewsBlueBadger

This whole Kanye West going for the presidency thing on 18:11 - Jul 8 by flimflam

Ah, the 'sh1t I've made up in my head' way.

Not really my area of expertise..... on 20:49 - Jul 8 with 236 viewsOldsmoker

Other women NO, your own missus YES.
When she's made an effort (she brushed her hair), tell her she looks hot and you'll find she will forgive you for all sorts of stupid stuff you've done.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024