Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... 18:58 - Jul 8 with 2915 viewsDebsyAngel

But WHY are Doctors surgeries and dentists not opening? I urgently need to see a doctor about the terrible flare up on my foot after trying everything under the sun to treat it. My surgery are useless - just phone appointments and if need to be seen, to go to their other surgery - which is a 6 mile round trip and I don;t drive. Why is opening pubs and more shops the priority when some people are in desperate need to have medical treatment???
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:32 - Jul 8 with 477 viewsDebsyAngel

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:27 - Jul 8 by Ryorry

All best Debbie, hope things go OK & the itch stops itching - do you have some kind of emolliant to slap on to ease that?

Thank Ryorry - I haven't any emolliant, the closest I have is Vaseline and even that didn't stop the cracking. I have a bad autoimmune system and thyroid problems, and my body is reacting badly. The stress with life and all this lockdown has broken me as a person too. I also started on HRT 3 days ago but its not down to that.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:38 - Jul 8 with 465 viewsRyorry

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:32 - Jul 8 by DebsyAngel

Thank Ryorry - I haven't any emolliant, the closest I have is Vaseline and even that didn't stop the cracking. I have a bad autoimmune system and thyroid problems, and my body is reacting badly. The stress with life and all this lockdown has broken me as a person too. I also started on HRT 3 days ago but its not down to that.

You can get emolliant on prescription, ask your GP. Sorry you're going through such a bad patch. Don't let "it" take you over or break you - give it a good kick - pretend you're booting a budgie into touch! 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:43 - Jul 8 with 460 viewsRyorry

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:30 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

No. The customer goes into a restaurant (as many times as they want) Mon-Wed in the month of August and orders from the menu. Let's say they order Burger and chips with a drink and their bill is £10, they pay the restaurant £5.

The restaurant then claims the remaining £5 from the government which goes into the company account within five working days.

This scheme is available to every member of the public.

So a family of four goes into a restaurant and the bill comes to £40, then they just pay a bill of £20 and the restaurant is reimbursed by the government for the other £20.

Restaurant gets the full price - punter only pays for half the bill.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 23:31]

Ah, got it (I think) - thanks.

Still means people can't "donate" their vouchers to others if they can't/don't want to eat out (all those people still shielding or self-isolating, eg).

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:51 - Jul 8 with 457 viewsGlasgowBlue

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:43 - Jul 8 by Ryorry

Ah, got it (I think) - thanks.

Still means people can't "donate" their vouchers to others if they can't/don't want to eat out (all those people still shielding or self-isolating, eg).

As there is no limit to the number of times you can claim this discount, why would there be a need to donate a voucher to somebody else?

If you are so minded you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner at any of the participating restaurants on any Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during the month of August.

It's a straight 50% discount. You can't use two 50% discount vouchers together to get 100% discount.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 00:01 - Jul 9 with 449 viewsRyorry

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:51 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

As there is no limit to the number of times you can claim this discount, why would there be a need to donate a voucher to somebody else?

If you are so minded you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner at any of the participating restaurants on any Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during the month of August.

It's a straight 50% discount. You can't use two 50% discount vouchers together to get 100% discount.

Ah, OK, cheers.

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 04:51 - Jul 9 with 395 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:51 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

Actually quite excited by this - me and the wife had been looking forward to going back out for a meal and as we’re still working from home with a 2 year old in tow a school night actually works better for us than a weekend night. Plus the per head discount should effectively make his meal free

Hopefully lots of places will take part and it will be simple enough to get in somewhere

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 08:05 - Jul 9 with 356 viewsitfcjoe

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:30 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

No. The customer goes into a restaurant (as many times as they want) Mon-Wed in the month of August and orders from the menu. Let's say they order Burger and chips with a drink and their bill is £10, they pay the restaurant £5.

The restaurant then claims the remaining £5 from the government which goes into the company account within five working days.

This scheme is available to every member of the public.

So a family of four goes into a restaurant and the bill comes to £40, then they just pay a bill of £20 and the restaurant is reimbursed by the government for the other £20.

Restaurant gets the full price - punter only pays for half the bill.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 23:31]

Basically every chain restaurant is half price Monday to Wednesday anyway with vouchercodes, but guess it helps them out.....just not sure people will go much more than normal as these deals are generally available

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 08:29 - Jul 9 with 343 viewsElephantintheRoom

The NHS is not a big tory donor.

Having said that the basic service offered by doctors should be able to sort you out - and if it is as painful as you say, well that is what hosptial A&E is for - where they are more or less unemployed at present..

And my dentist was more than happy to give me an appointment and sort out a filling whilst charging me for an extraction

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 08:42 - Jul 9 with 328 viewsDebsyAngel

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 08:29 - Jul 9 by ElephantintheRoom

The NHS is not a big tory donor.

Having said that the basic service offered by doctors should be able to sort you out - and if it is as painful as you say, well that is what hosptial A&E is for - where they are more or less unemployed at present..

And my dentist was more than happy to give me an appointment and sort out a filling whilst charging me for an extraction

A&E would not even want to see me - if it's not life threatening or something like chest pains , they would just refer you to the GP as there is nothing they can do or give you. I have been up there a few times since March 2019 and they were terrific but after doing ECGs etc. and a few blood tests they eventually refer you back to your doctor.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 08:49 - Jul 9 with 320 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 08:05 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

Basically every chain restaurant is half price Monday to Wednesday anyway with vouchercodes, but guess it helps them out.....just not sure people will go much more than normal as these deals are generally available

I would have thought this was to the detriment of the larger chains, as this will be available to every restaurant? Although presumably chains will still be able to do their offers and then apply this discount over the top?

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 09:05 - Jul 9 with 309 viewsitfcjoe

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 08:49 - Jul 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I would have thought this was to the detriment of the larger chains, as this will be available to every restaurant? Although presumably chains will still be able to do their offers and then apply this discount over the top?

Hard to know.

I like to go to the independent non chain restaurants when I can to support them, but also like the choice some chain get and want to keep them in Ipswich - it's obvious that going to the independents has the most impact, but everyone abandoning chains is no good thing either

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 10:01 - Jul 9 with 283 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 09:05 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

Hard to know.

I like to go to the independent non chain restaurants when I can to support them, but also like the choice some chain get and want to keep them in Ipswich - it's obvious that going to the independents has the most impact, but everyone abandoning chains is no good thing either

Yeah agree with that, whilst they’re fairly average in reality I’d be lying if I said we didn’t from time to time have a couple of pizzas and dough balls etc at Pizza Express with the bill coming to £25

Actually on reflection I don’t think this will hit the chains - if they are able to offer their usual deals still with this overlaid, and mean a couple can eat for £10-15, they’ll be laughing

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024