Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When the new season starts 13:42 - Jul 16 with 682 viewsBlueNomad

how do you see crowds being let in? 25% ground capacity? All in masks? Toilets etc kept closed? Kiosks closed?

Just interested in how people envisage it.
When the new season starts on 13:45 - Jul 16 with 668 viewsSarge

It’s outside so I’d think (hope) that even if you only allow in ST holders, that’s a sufficiently low capacity and nothing else required. Just spread the seats out a bit
When the new season starts on 13:47 - Jul 16 with 657 viewsWarkystache

Hope it's not face masks. I can't sing in one of those.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

When the new season starts on 13:50 - Jul 16 with 653 viewsbluelagos

Given the email I just had from the FA (about an England match in Oct - no planned fans at the moment) I don't see anyone being in attendance tbh.

If it were me, I'd think around 10k could be managed - spread evenly through the ground - all the toilets and kiosks open (to spread us out) and hopefully that would help reduce the risks.

But suspect it won't happen for the start of the season.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When the new season starts on 13:56 - Jul 16 with 620 viewsmonty_radio

When the new season starts on 13:47 - Jul 16 by Warkystache

Hope it's not face masks. I can't sing in one of those.

Perhaps we'll sign "the masked striker" in the manner of those wrestling guys who vowed only to reveal their identity in the event of a defeat - so that wouldn't last long then, I suppose.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I fully expect fans to be allowed back in.... on 14:02 - Jul 16 with 601 viewsBloots

....when our season starts.

The clubs will do all they can to get people in, it's their lifeblood.

It may or may not mean pushing the start back a couple of weeks from the date already mentioned.

I'd expect around 30% capacity, allocated seating, no away fans, one way in, one way out, fewer toilets open, fewer (if any) kiosks open and I doubt they'll enforce masks, but it's not a major issue if they do.

Things have moved forward so much in the last month, I expect things to move forward even more in the next month.

We'll be back.

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I fully expect fans to be allowed back in.... on 14:09 - Jul 16 with 589 viewsBlueBadger

I fully expect fans to be allowed back in.... on 14:02 - Jul 16 by Bloots

....when our season starts.

The clubs will do all they can to get people in, it's their lifeblood.

It may or may not mean pushing the start back a couple of weeks from the date already mentioned.

I'd expect around 30% capacity, allocated seating, no away fans, one way in, one way out, fewer toilets open, fewer (if any) kiosks open and I doubt they'll enforce masks, but it's not a major issue if they do.

Things have moved forward so much in the last month, I expect things to move forward even more in the next month.

We'll be back.

Lambert out.

I suspect that Lamebert will do everything in his power to keep fans out 'for their safety' for as long as possible as the longer he goes without people seeing how inept he is, the longer he keeps his job.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When the new season starts on 14:11 - Jul 16 with 582 viewsLibero

I'm not convinced the "new season" will start for League One and below...
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:13]
When the new season starts on 14:20 - Jul 16 with 546 viewsSitfcB

In our case I reckon season ticket holders will be allowed in.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

When the new season starts on 14:27 - Jul 16 with 537 viewsLankHenners

Assuming it starts at all (which seems unlikely unless there can be some reassurance of funding so clubs don't go to the wall), I expect the logistics of getting people in will cause more of a problem than seating as the club could either work out a seating plan or make your ticket valid for the block that you sit in and you have to sit x amount of seats away from someone not from your household/bubble.

It makes sense to have ST holders in as a priority, though to get them all in at PR there'd have to be a rule to allow roughly 30% in which may be seen as too many. It also doesn't help clubs really as that money is essentially banked and not new income which clubs need.

Even if they allowed 8-10k people in, it would be a challenge to get that many people in through the concourse and into their seats without getting close to anyone. The staggered arrival times idea that was floated last week or whenever would surely have to be implemented in some way. Getting people out again afterwards then probably more of an issue.

The clubs will push for it to happen for sure but will need a detailed plan approved first, which is hard to do until we know if and when the season will start, which in turn isn't helped by the EFL's proclivity for having meetings and delaying votes rather than cracking on and making a decision about something.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024