Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kings Lynn's ticket prices! 15:12 - Jul 16 with 2144 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Saw what I thought was one of those click bait pieces saying how the Kings Lynn fans were fuming etc etc and thought it would no doubt have gone up a quid or something.

They are charging more than us!

Just promoted to the Conference, nothing to say they won't be a poor or struggling conference side and it's £20 a ticket and £380 for a season ticket to STAND by some railing, £420 for a seat (ours in what £360 for the cheapest seat and was in the Championship - three divisions higher) or £575 to sit in the main stand, which is nowhere near the quality of the most dilapidated area of PR!

Absolutely ridiculous prices for that level of football.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/fans-slam-kings-lynn-for-their-stupidly-expensive-season
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 15:18]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:29 - Jul 16 with 2069 viewsitfcjoe

People claim our prices are ridiculous, but what can you expect?

I don't think £15 at Kings Lynn would be out of the way for Conference National football, is £20 that OTT?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:31 - Jul 16 with 2054 viewsclive_baker

Horrible club. I wouldn't put £1 in the pocket of their owner.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:34 - Jul 16 with 2038 viewsmidastouch

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:31 - Jul 16 by clive_baker

Don't know much about their owner apart from he's got a greasy gangster style look about him!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:40 - Jul 16 with 2010 viewsKieran_Knows

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:31 - Jul 16 by clive_baker

Complete wrong'un isn't he by all accounts?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:53 - Jul 16 with 1974 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:29 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

I don't think £15 at Kings Lynn would be out of the way for Conference National football, is £20 that OTT?

One of their fans on Twitter posted something from the price of football I think showing it was more than something like 95% of Conference clubs, 80% of League Two clubs, 30% of League One clubs and 5% of Championship clubs or something, which makes it look incredibly dear.

£15 for a match day ticket is not expensive for that level, but when League One and League Two clubs are charging that or less, you really can't be charging £20 as a newly promoted Conference side.

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 16:54 - Jul 16 with 1846 viewsclive_baker

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:40 - Jul 16 by Kieran_Knows

Complete wrong'un isn't he by all accounts?

Won't say too much but yes, not someone you would want to hang about with put it that way.

Hope they go straight back down.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 17:00 - Jul 16 with 1821 viewsitfcjoe

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:53 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

One of their fans on Twitter posted something from the price of football I think showing it was more than something like 95% of Conference clubs, 80% of League Two clubs, 30% of League One clubs and 5% of Championship clubs or something, which makes it look incredibly dear.

£15 for a match day ticket is not expensive for that level, but when League One and League Two clubs are charging that or less, you really can't be charging £20 as a newly promoted Conference side.

They need to pay their players, if everything was dictate by level what would teams like Stowmarket charge? £3 or something

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 17:23 - Jul 16 with 1769 viewsbluewhite

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 17:00 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

They need to pay their players, if everything was dictate by level what would teams like Stowmarket charge? £3 or something

The leagues stipulate that there has to be a certain minimum admission charge for each level, except for a limited number of promotional events per season for which clubs are allowed to offer special admission prices, I believe.

But there is no maximum charge - clubs may effectively charge whatever they think they can get away with.
Login to get fewer ads

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 17:29 - Jul 16 with 1758 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 17:00 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

I really don't get your point.

The wages they pay at that level should (I say should) be relative to the sort of income clubs at that level charge.

If all Conference teams charged £460 for a season ticket in a seat that's fine. The point is their prices are more expensive that our cheapest seat, and most League One clubs, nearly all League Two clubs and they are a newly promoted conference side.

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 17:32 - Jul 16 with 1745 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:29 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Not as a walk up price, but you can get a ST at most Championship clubs for that sort of money.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 18:10 - Jul 16 with 1693 viewsPendejo

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 15:34 - Jul 16 by midastouch

Don't know much about their owner apart from he's got a greasy gangster style look about him!

You mean this fella?

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-town/businessman-stephen-cleeve-buys-ki

He was banned as a company director in 2000 for eight years for his role in controversial land-selling firm Commercial Land.

He was also a UKIP candidate at the last General Election but resigned before polling day.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 19:36 - Jul 16 with 1610 viewsitfcjoe

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 17:29 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I really don't get your point.

The wages they pay at that level should (I say should) be relative to the sort of income clubs at that level charge.

If all Conference teams charged £460 for a season ticket in a seat that's fine. The point is their prices are more expensive that our cheapest seat, and most League One clubs, nearly all League Two clubs and they are a newly promoted conference side.

The point is that if you think £360 is fair for the Championship, and that it should go down significantly as you go down the league then it quickly gets to a level where it’s totally unsustainable to run

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 21:08 - Jul 16 with 1528 viewsmidastouch

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 18:10 - Jul 16 by Pendejo

You mean this fella?

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-town/businessman-stephen-cleeve-buys-ki

He was banned as a company director in 2000 for eight years for his role in controversial land-selling firm Commercial Land.

He was also a UKIP candidate at the last General Election but resigned before polling day.

Say no more! :-)

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 21:10 - Jul 16 with 1518 viewsmidastouch

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 21:08 - Jul 16 by midastouch

Say no more! :-)

He looks a slippery customer!

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 21:21 - Jul 16 with 1497 viewsjaykay

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 21:10 - Jul 16 by midastouch

He looks a slippery customer!

anyone who leaves the shirt undone to their navel is a wrongun in my books.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 22:12 - Jul 16 with 1449 viewsmidastouch

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 21:21 - Jul 16 by jaykay

anyone who leaves the shirt undone to their navel is a wrongun in my books.

He looks like a chancer about to pitch some wine or olive oil in Dragons' Den!

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 08:24 - Jul 17 with 1299 viewsBryanPlug

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 22:12 - Jul 16 by midastouch

He looks like a chancer about to pitch some wine or olive oil in Dragons' Den!

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 09:27 - Jul 17 with 1227 viewsbrazil1982

Its £299 for a ST and £20 on the gate at Halifax, or £17 standing. Expensive for that level yes, but ticket money is their main income.
Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 09:33 - Jul 17 with 1216 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 19:36 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

The point is that if you think £360 is fair for the Championship, and that it should go down significantly as you go down the league then it quickly gets to a level where it’s totally unsustainable to run

Again I don't see your point or what you seem to be assuming from what I have said.

I assume you don't think ticket prices should get more expensive as you go down the pyramid because clubs need the pyramid.

I've not suggested Kings Lynn should be charging £100 and going out of business.

But players at that level are on what £500 a week? They are not worth paying £575 a season to watch, which as many Norwich fans have pointed out is more than they were charging in the Premier League.

If we charge £360, then I have no problem with it sliding down to £320 in League Two, £280 in the Championship. It's never going to be £36 in a division where players are paid £500 instead of £5,000. It has to slide disproportionately to sustain these clubs.

My entire point was they should not be charging more than the majority of the clubs one, two, three and in some cases four divisions above them. That is ludicrous.

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 09:38 - Jul 17 with 1200 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 09:27 - Jul 17 by brazil1982

Its £299 for a ST and £20 on the gate at Halifax, or £17 standing. Expensive for that level yes, but ticket money is their main income.

You seem to be missing the gap between charging a bit more because ticket money is their main revenue and charging more than Norwich who are in the Premier League.

£299 for Halifax gets you a seat at an established Conference club. Kings Lynn are charging one and a half times that for the same level with a team more likely to struggle.

That's a hell of a difference. Nobody expects them to be peanuts, but as a newly promoted club your season ticket shouldn't be almost 150% that of pretty much every other club in the division.

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 11:21 - Jul 17 with 1135 viewsitfcjoe

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 09:33 - Jul 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Again I don't see your point or what you seem to be assuming from what I have said.

I assume you don't think ticket prices should get more expensive as you go down the pyramid because clubs need the pyramid.

I've not suggested Kings Lynn should be charging £100 and going out of business.

But players at that level are on what £500 a week? They are not worth paying £575 a season to watch, which as many Norwich fans have pointed out is more than they were charging in the Premier League.

If we charge £360, then I have no problem with it sliding down to £320 in League Two, £280 in the Championship. It's never going to be £36 in a division where players are paid £500 instead of £5,000. It has to slide disproportionately to sustain these clubs.

My entire point was they should not be charging more than the majority of the clubs one, two, three and in some cases four divisions above them. That is ludicrous.

But they aren't they are charging a similar amount to them

They are £10 a season more than Colchester United in the league above, I'm not saying they are cheap but there is a minimum cost to these things and they are impacted by a lot of factors.

Clubs higher in the pyramid can charge lower as have money coming in from elsewhere, like Norwich do.

It's a very difficult balance to strike, but teams in step 4 charge a minimum of £10 a game, sometimes £12-14, by the same calculations Kings Lynn are now 3 levels higher than them so will charge more.

£20 is prob a bit too much, but only by £2 or so. Braintree in the division below were £15 a ticket last season.

Kings Lynn are an outpost, they are obviously spending money on the team when you look at their recruitment and will be losing money hand over fist throughout the Covid crisis. They are trying to claw some back it seems but I don't think the pricing is particularly out of the way when you look around the leagues.

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 11:38 - Jul 17 with 1114 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 11:21 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

But they aren't they are charging a similar amount to them

They are £10 a season more than Colchester United in the league above, I'm not saying they are cheap but there is a minimum cost to these things and they are impacted by a lot of factors.

Clubs higher in the pyramid can charge lower as have money coming in from elsewhere, like Norwich do.

It's a very difficult balance to strike, but teams in step 4 charge a minimum of £10 a game, sometimes £12-14, by the same calculations Kings Lynn are now 3 levels higher than them so will charge more.

£20 is prob a bit too much, but only by £2 or so. Braintree in the division below were £15 a ticket last season.

Kings Lynn are an outpost, they are obviously spending money on the team when you look at their recruitment and will be losing money hand over fist throughout the Covid crisis. They are trying to claw some back it seems but I don't think the pricing is particularly out of the way when you look around the leagues.

I don't think I've ever seen you admit to being wrong.

By all of your own argument criteria EVERY club would be charging what Kings Lynn are. They aren't. That makes Kings Lynn expensive.

That's why their fans are unhappy and there are multiple media outlets calling it what it is. Ridiculous.

The 'minimum cost to these things - impacted by a lot of factors' also apply to Sutton, Notts County, Halifax, Barnet - all the other clubs in their division. They are a lot more expensive.

Picking a pricy League Two club in Colchester doesn't mean King's Lynn are not expensive.

The pricing is out of the way when you look at the other leagues (which you can make a weak case for in the division or two above) but not in their own division.

It's a ridiculous pricing policy which has rightly been slammed.

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 11:46 - Jul 17 with 1099 viewsitfcjoe

Kings Lynn's ticket prices! on 11:38 - Jul 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I don't think I've ever seen you admit to being wrong.

By all of your own argument criteria EVERY club would be charging what Kings Lynn are. They aren't. That makes Kings Lynn expensive.

That's why their fans are unhappy and there are multiple media outlets calling it what it is. Ridiculous.

The 'minimum cost to these things - impacted by a lot of factors' also apply to Sutton, Notts County, Halifax, Barnet - all the other clubs in their division. They are a lot more expensive.

Picking a pricy League Two club in Colchester doesn't mean King's Lynn are not expensive.

The pricing is out of the way when you look at the other leagues (which you can make a weak case for in the division or two above) but not in their own division.

It's a ridiculous pricing policy which has rightly been slammed.

I've said I think it is a bit expensive, but why is your comparison to Norwich (a cheap PL club) more rlevant to Colchester who are described as a pricey L2 club? Are they, I don't know?

The other clubs in their division have local competition from clubs at similar level so may be have to price more competitively? Who knows.

People have the choice to vote wit their feet, attendances are going to be down anyway due to the ongoing Covid crisis, their costs will go up massively now playing in a national league as opposed to regional with all the extra travelling etc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024