Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More scandalous abuse of public money 08:15 - Jul 21 with 642 viewsMullet

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/how-ministe

This may not mean much to you outside of the North West if you don't know all of these areas, but Cheadle is incredibly wealthy. It's one of the places you'd see the Cheshire Housewife set and sports cars parked up etc.

Given Stockport alone has massive holes of deprivation in it let alone the other areas I'm pretty staggered how blatant this looks.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More scandalous abuse of public money on 08:25 - Jul 21 with 603 viewsTractorWood

Cherry picked electoral battle grounds. Heavily redacted Russian report and herd immunity denial.

The lies, condescending gaslighting and denial when rumbled are getting a bit old.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

More scandalous abuse of public money on 08:41 - Jul 21 with 572 viewsMullet

More scandalous abuse of public money on 08:25 - Jul 21 by TractorWood

Cherry picked electoral battle grounds. Heavily redacted Russian report and herd immunity denial.

The lies, condescending gaslighting and denial when rumbled are getting a bit old.

There's also new stuff about Jenrick coming out, Patel's bullying being buried and the national debt spiralling in the last 10 years.

I'm amazed they keep getting away with it, but as I said the other week. There seems to be a daily scandal from this government and it's met with shrugs and distraction.

The fact they could even pretend they might lose Cheadle seems far fetched to me from the off, but the evidence of disregarding the civil service seems a common thread that hopefully will see things fall apart for them quicker.

More scandalous abuse of public money on 08:49 - Jul 21 with 558 viewsSaleAway

More scandalous abuse of public money on 08:41 - Jul 21 by Mullet

There's also new stuff about Jenrick coming out, Patel's bullying being buried and the national debt spiralling in the last 10 years.

I'm amazed they keep getting away with it, but as I said the other week. There seems to be a daily scandal from this government and it's met with shrugs and distraction.

The fact they could even pretend they might lose Cheadle seems far fetched to me from the off, but the evidence of disregarding the civil service seems a common thread that hopefully will see things fall apart for them quicker.

I agree with most of your post - but Cheadle IS a marginal seat - its been more Lib Dem than conservative in the last 20 years... and despite the landslide nature of December's election, they still had the smallest majority that that seat has had for about 20 years.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

More scandalous abuse of public money on 08:51 - Jul 21 with 541 viewsMullet

More scandalous abuse of public money on 08:49 - Jul 21 by SaleAway

I agree with most of your post - but Cheadle IS a marginal seat - its been more Lib Dem than conservative in the last 20 years... and despite the landslide nature of December's election, they still had the smallest majority that that seat has had for about 20 years.

Fair enough, I'm genuinely surprised it was so tight that it needed to be bought and paid for like that given how the LD's have disappeared round here in the last cycle.

More scandalous abuse of public money on 08:58 - Jul 21 with 527 viewsSwansea_Blue

I well remember this buying votes scandal at the time, not that there was much focus on it. 94 of the 100 towns that were selected for the investment voted leave in the 2016 referendum. It was all part of their plan to win over marginals and sure up majorities in their core Brexiter support areas. Which is why their campaign was only fought on Brexit.

The irony of course is that the the money is supposed to go towards things like faster broadband and better public transport. Both key manifesto pledges of Labour.

They're utterly corrupt.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More scandalous abuse of public money on 09:10 - Jul 21 with 509 viewsKeno

most telling sentence

"Like Cheadle, all were won by the Conservatives in December and almost all were key targets"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

More scandalous abuse of public money on 09:29 - Jul 21 with 466 viewsSwansea_Blue

More scandalous abuse of public money on 09:10 - Jul 21 by Keno

most telling sentence

"Like Cheadle, all were won by the Conservatives in December and almost all were key targets"

Jennrick again, of course. Of the only 2 that weren't target seats, one was his (not sure which the other one was, but it's bound to involve nepotism).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024