Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. 18:54 - Jul 29 with 17377 viewsShawsey

A woman was trying to buy bedding with some sort of food voucher from the government. The cashier rightly told he that it had to be spent on food for her children. A manager was called and she confirmed that the woman had to buy food with them. She was well p****d off and left the bedding behind. On my way out she was at the kiosk trying to but cigarettes with it. Unbelievable. I feel so sorry for her children. She certainly hadn't gone without food.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:38 - Jul 29 with 2430 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:34 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

I see Sainsburys as a middle of the road supermarket. Less expensive than Waitrose and M&S but more expensive than most others. If these vouchers are only useable at Sainsburys she might just be trying to get more for her money. Fruit and veg is very cheap at the likes of Lidl. Maybe she's homecooking and feeding her kids 10 servings of fruit and veg per day

I think you've cracked it. What a good mum after all.

This is why we should never be so quick to judge.

Of course, there's also the chance she was trying first to buy bedding from which to make masks and outfits in order to rob a few banks and give her kids a better future.

No one knows.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:38 - Jul 29 with 2429 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:37 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

Nah, it's much better to justify your views by assuming the worst.

Where has this J2 been all my life

I'm changing you up. You're no longer Young Benters. I christen you Young Footers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:39 - Jul 29 with 2427 viewsShawsey

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:36 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

The point being that as we don't know the circumstances of this fictional woman people should probably just stop being beaky and mind their own business.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 20:36]

Another note to self. Never mention everyday things as people will think you are lying or being nosy.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:39 - Jul 29 with 2423 viewsfooters

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:35 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

Every day on my way to work.

As a volunteer ambulance driver?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:39 - Jul 29 with 2422 viewsJ2BLUE

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:38 - Jul 29 by jeera

I think you've cracked it. What a good mum after all.

This is why we should never be so quick to judge.

Of course, there's also the chance she was trying first to buy bedding from which to make masks and outfits in order to rob a few banks and give her kids a better future.

No one knows.

So that's where your cape went...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:39 - Jul 29 with 2422 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:33 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

Me neither. I would guess you can use them in any food store. Not being judgemental. The way she was behaving made me believe she was trying it on. I know many, many people are in need of these vouchers and of course should be given help, just use them for what they are given for.

Why do you care enough to want control over this woman?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:40 - Jul 29 with 2412 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:39 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

Another note to self. Never mention everyday things as people will think you are lying or being nosy.

Probably should have taken it to somewhere like Mumsnet or the Daily Mail comments if you were looking for outrage! This forum probably isn't your audience for that!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:44 - Jul 29 with 2390 viewsJ2BLUE

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:38 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

Where has this J2 been all my life

I'm changing you up. You're no longer Young Benters. I christen you Young Footers.

What an incredible honour, thank you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:45 - Jul 29 with 2387 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:44 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

You earned it Little Foot

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:45 - Jul 29 with 2385 viewsShawsey

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:39 - Jul 29 by footers

As a volunteer ambulance driver?

I am an engineer. I live in Bath and travel to a little town called Calne, where I work for Westcode ( Unipart ).
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:52 - Jul 29 with 2347 viewsShawsey

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:40 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

Probably should have taken it to somewhere like Mumsnet or the Daily Mail comments if you were looking for outrage! This forum probably isn't your audience for that!

I wasn't looking anything. Message received though. I shall try and never mention anything I see again.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:52 - Jul 29 with 2344 viewsfooters

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:44 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

You'll have to drink a lot of cheap Polish lager if you're to evolve into your final form.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:56 - Jul 29 with 2333 viewsfooters

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:45 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

I am an engineer. I live in Bath and travel to a little town called Calne, where I work for Westcode ( Unipart ).

Nice! Bath's a beautiful place, if not hugely stuck-up. I hear there's a girl's finishing school round those parts as well. My Nailsworth bezzie bud has many priapic teenage memories from that locale...

Good to hear you keep away from the riff raff of Chippenham though.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:56 - Jul 29 with 2329 viewsBlueBadger

I'll take 'sh*t that didn't actually happen' for £500 please, Bob.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:00 - Jul 29 with 2320 viewsShawsey

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:56 - Jul 29 by footers

Nice! Bath's a beautiful place, if not hugely stuck-up. I hear there's a girl's finishing school round those parts as well. My Nailsworth bezzie bud has many priapic teenage memories from that locale...

Good to hear you keep away from the riff raff of Chippenham though.

Very quiet place at the moment without the tourist. Bath relies heavily on tourism, so unfortunately a few places have closed. Fingers crossed that one day people and business will return.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:01 - Jul 29 with 2321 viewsBlueBadger

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 19:09 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

Will be happening all over ... makes my blood boil

I liked the bit where you cared so much about the fate of deprived children you voted for, and continue to actively support the people who've spent ten years creating a lot more deprived children.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:03 - Jul 29 with 2307 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:01 - Jul 29 by BlueBadger

I liked the bit where you cared so much about the fate of deprived children you voted for, and continue to actively support the people who've spent ten years creating a lot more deprived children.

That's also a fair point that people who say they care need to take on board in future.

If you care, then great, show it. Do something about it.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:04 - Jul 29 with 2304 viewsGeoffSentence

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:45 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

Bath. Lovely city. My favourite UK city. If it weren't for covid I'd have been back for a visit this summer.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:05 - Jul 29 with 2295 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:03 - Jul 29 by jeera

That's also a fair point that people who say they care need to take on board in future.

If you care, then great, show it. Do something about it.

But, brexit

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:06 - Jul 29 with 2292 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:00 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

Very quiet place at the moment without the tourist. Bath relies heavily on tourism, so unfortunately a few places have closed. Fingers crossed that one day people and business will return.

It's generally an affluent place though isn't it.

Not that it's my place to suggest or guess what you may have, and I don't want nor need to know.

But if that were me witnessing something like that I'd be more tempted to wonder how I might be able to help out, even if it means giving the lady a tenner for the cigarettes if I could afford it. No reason why not is there?

A small show of kindness can have a hell of a knock-on effect you know.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:22 - Jul 29 with 2256 viewsBlueBadger

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 19:59 - Jul 29 by jeera

I honestly don't know anything about voucher schemes myself, but am now interested.

Some people have had a hard time though and it's always good to remember that.

One day in someone's shoes and all that. People don't choose to be unhappy.

Sure they do. Here's Paz, getting the arse about something designed to help out poor people, for example.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:32 - Jul 29 with 2236 viewsEnigma_Blue

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:36 - Jul 29 by GeoffSentence

How does annoyance at attempted misuse of the vouchers become not caring about hungry kids? I think you are making a bit of a leap there sprucey.

It's called hard left logic. Anybody who is not that far left doesn't give a toss about anybody else and is essentially evil, something like that anyway.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:38 - Jul 29 with 2216 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:32 - Jul 29 by Enigma_Blue

It's called hard left logic. Anybody who is not that far left doesn't give a toss about anybody else and is essentially evil, something like that anyway.

Ooh awkward. I bet you wish you had read my reply before you lept in like Lee Martin into a challenge. Go on, save face and have a sneaky edit!

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. by SpruceMoose 29 Jul 2020 20:37
It's not related to this thread. It was an old one where he said he'd rather have Brexit than provide school meals for kids over the summer months.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 21:39]

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:39 - Jul 29 with 2211 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:37 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

It's not related to this thread. It was an old one where he said he'd rather have Brexit than provide school meals for kids over the summer months.

That’s not exactly what I said. I raised scepticism about the need for the Marcus Rashford lunch thing. Obviously this makes me worse than Hitler.

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:39 - Jul 29 with 2221 viewsBlueBadger

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:04 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

I dunno. Why did Pecker pretend to have Covid? People are weird.

There are so many holes in the story though that you can drive a bus through it. I guess a certain Daily Mail type probably wants to believe it though as it plays into that deserving and undeserving poor trope.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 20:05]

What I'm enjoying most about this thread is the sight of people who say things like 'we should stop giving money to foreigners and help our own' now going ''I didn't mean THEM though'
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 10:42]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024