Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. 18:54 - Jul 29 with 17376 viewsShawsey

A woman was trying to buy bedding with some sort of food voucher from the government. The cashier rightly told he that it had to be spent on food for her children. A manager was called and she confirmed that the woman had to buy food with them. She was well p****d off and left the bedding behind. On my way out she was at the kiosk trying to but cigarettes with it. Unbelievable. I feel so sorry for her children. She certainly hadn't gone without food.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:42 - Jul 29 with 2339 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:40 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

I don’t know the context, you’re right but his post was nowhere near as rude as yours. If I’ve missed something on another thread then I’ll apologise.

He called him a prick Paz. That's why Jeera told him to eff off. Sometimes you're very selective about what upsets you.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:48]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 23:14 - Jul 29 with 2283 viewsEnigma_Blue

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:42 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

I can't be expected to remember every crap post I downvote, even if you seem to!

Look you jumped in, got it all wrong, and made a very angry plum of yourself. But it's OK, Sprucey forgives you

Oh and I've tried asking Jeera out but, gosh darn it, he's just not that into me!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:44]

The up votes given for the below post would suggest I didn't get it all wrong. Or does it depend on who the up votes are from? You seem to know how TWTD works better than me it seems so I will bow to your greater knowledge

"How does annoyance at attempted misuse of the vouchers become not caring about hungry kids? I think you are making a bit of a leap there sprucey"

No anger here, I can't speak for others.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 23:18]
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 02:03 - Jul 30 with 2225 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 23:14 - Jul 29 by Enigma_Blue

The up votes given for the below post would suggest I didn't get it all wrong. Or does it depend on who the up votes are from? You seem to know how TWTD works better than me it seems so I will bow to your greater knowledge

"How does annoyance at attempted misuse of the vouchers become not caring about hungry kids? I think you are making a bit of a leap there sprucey"

No anger here, I can't speak for others.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 23:18]

I think the words you were looking for are 'Sorry Sprucey'!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 09:26 - Jul 30 with 2145 viewsGeoffSentence

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 21:06 - Jul 29 by jeera

It's generally an affluent place though isn't it.

Not that it's my place to suggest or guess what you may have, and I don't want nor need to know.

But if that were me witnessing something like that I'd be more tempted to wonder how I might be able to help out, even if it means giving the lady a tenner for the cigarettes if I could afford it. No reason why not is there?

A small show of kindness can have a hell of a knock-on effect you know.

Buying people cancer sticks is not a show of kindness.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 12:35 - Jul 30 with 2093 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 09:26 - Jul 30 by GeoffSentence

Buying people cancer sticks is not a show of kindness.

Context is everything, as ever.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:13 - Jul 30 with 2074 viewsDarth_Koont

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:27 - Jul 29 by jeera

My eldest niece's husband works for UPS.

He's some IT bod who is responsible for some serious logistical co ordination for goods all over the UK and the Nordics.

He has been pulling his hair out over this saying that people have no idea what the hell they are having to deal with over this. They are having to employ a lot more people to help them cope with the prospect of overwhelming red-tape etc.

As he says, costs will need to be passed on down the line. This isn't going to be free.

Indeed.

It'll put in the sort of costs and hurdles that supply chain organisations have spent hundreds of billions over the years trying to remove.

On top of that, the knock-on effect on foreign investment and indeed many UK trading companies' planning here in the UK will likely knock a few more percent off our GDP.

For a country that's already lagging a fair bit behind on productivity this looks like it could accelerate a much more serious recession.

Pronouns: He/Him

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:36 - Jul 30 with 2056 views26_Paz

Jeera has put me on ignore ... what a melt

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:37 - Jul 30 with 2054 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:36 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Aw wouldn't your PM go through?

Send it to me instead and I'll pass it on!

Login to get fewer ads

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:39 - Jul 30 with 2047 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:37 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

Aw wouldn't your PM go through?

Send it to me instead and I'll pass it on!

Didn’t send him a PM, just can’t see his posts anymore ... guess he took exception to me ever so politely suggesting that telling people to ‘eff off’ is out of order

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:40 - Jul 30 with 2046 viewsbluelagos

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:36 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Apologies if this has been covered before, are you anything to do with Pazelle?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:42 - Jul 30 with 2040 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:39 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Didn’t send him a PM, just can’t see his posts anymore ... guess he took exception to me ever so politely suggesting that telling people to ‘eff off’ is out of order

That's not how ignore works... If you can't see his posts you've put him on ignore.

If he ignores you, he can't see your posts but you can still enjoy his.

You never told us how come you didn't get upset that Jeera was called a prick, which after all was what caused Jeera to tell the poster to eff off.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 13:43]

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:42 - Jul 30 with 2037 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:40 - Jul 30 by bluelagos

No, I‘be never heard of Pazelle ... has been asked before, guess he was a bit of a wrong un. Phil has even verified ... guess he can do some kind of wizardry to check IP addresses or something.

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:44 - Jul 30 with 2029 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:42 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

That's not how ignore works... If you can't see his posts you've put him on ignore.

If he ignores you, he can't see your posts but you can still enjoy his.

You never told us how come you didn't get upset that Jeera was called a prick, which after all was what caused Jeera to tell the poster to eff off.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 13:43]

Oh feck! No idea how that happened, must have been fat fingers at some point! Jeera, my humblest apologies ... you are not a melt! My bad!

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:45 - Jul 30 with 2027 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:42 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

No, I‘be never heard of Pazelle ... has been asked before, guess he was a bit of a wrong un. Phil has even verified ... guess he can do some kind of wizardry to check IP addresses or something.

I don't put much faith in this IP address wizardry anymore after bring told for months that Grimboy wasn't Arsey, only for it to be revealed that Grimboy was indeed Arsey and he was banned.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:45 - Jul 30 with 2021 viewsbluelagos

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:42 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Yeah, he had some "strange" ideas shall we say. Full on conspiracy theorist who banged on endlessly about the twin towers and other conspiracy theories.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:46 - Jul 30 with 2014 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:45 - Jul 30 by bluelagos

Yeah, he had some "strange" ideas shall we say. Full on conspiracy theorist who banged on endlessly about the twin towers and other conspiracy theories.

Haha, no, that’s definitely not me!

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:46 - Jul 30 with 2004 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:44 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Oh feck! No idea how that happened, must have been fat fingers at some point! Jeera, my humblest apologies ... you are not a melt! My bad!

Guess that makes you the melt eh?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:47 - Jul 30 with 1995 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:46 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

Guess that makes you the melt eh?

Haha, yeah, can’t really argue that one!

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:48 - Jul 30 with 1988 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:47 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Haha, yeah, can’t really argue that one!

Agree to agree!

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 14:49 - Jul 30 with 1945 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:44 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Blimey, even when I'm no longer involved I get grief.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 14:53 - Jul 30 with 1937 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 14:49 - Jul 30 by jeera

Blimey, even when I'm no longer involved I get grief.

Genuine mistake. Apologies.

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 14:53 - Jul 30 with 1934 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 14:53 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

, sorry

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 14:54 - Jul 30 with 1930 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 14:53 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Another apology accepted.

See how easy going I am really?

It's too hot to argue anyway.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 19:43 - Jul 30 with 1856 viewsBryanPlug

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 22:20 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

The sad thing is it’s going to be difficult to assess the true benefits of Brexit now we have Covid. Without the virus our economy would have shot ahead of the euro zone in the medium to long term but the effects of this will muddy the waters. I firmly believe we will recover from Covid quicker than the EU because of Brexit.
Anyway, this thread isn’t about Brexit. Let them eat cake, or something

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:29 - Jul 30 with 1830 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 13:40 - Jul 30 by bluelagos

Keep up....I'm Pazelle!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024