Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Edge on BBC2 22:47 - Aug 2 with 3232 viewsChrisd

What a great watch that was. I know there are a lot of cricket fans on here, I’d suggest a visit to BBC IPlayer over the next couple of days to catch up. It’s a must for all cricket enthusiasts.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 22:54]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Edge on BBC2 on 22:50 - Aug 2 with 3206 viewsjeera

Always looking for something new, cheers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Edge on BBC2 on 22:51 - Aug 2 with 3193 viewsRyorry

Thanks for the heads up, looks good & sorry I missed it - would have made for a rather more enjoyable evening1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53597318

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Edge on BBC2 on 22:58 - Aug 2 with 3173 viewscatch74

Fantastic content, loved the music and how it was put together.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The Edge on BBC2 on 05:53 - Aug 3 with 3051 viewsbrogansnose

I'll endorse that, a very good watch.
The Edge on BBC2 on 06:45 - Aug 3 with 3012 viewsbournemouthblue

The Edge on BBC2 on 05:53 - Aug 3 by brogansnose

I'll endorse that, a very good watch.

Agreed, it explains an awful lot about Steven Finn who looked a serious prospect. Does he still play? It's amazing how that all fell apart

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Edge on BBC2 on 07:14 - Aug 3 with 2984 viewsAce_High1

The Edge on BBC2 on 06:45 - Aug 3 by bournemouthblue

Agreed, it explains an awful lot about Steven Finn who looked a serious prospect. Does he still play? It's amazing how that all fell apart

Yes I really rated Finn and he was top wicket taker in that Ashes series but got dropped for last two tests as he was going for too many runs.

Still plays for Middlesex.

Really good documentary, great behind the scenes content from the players like Strauss, Trott, KP, Anderson etc.
The Edge on BBC2 on 07:19 - Aug 3 with 2974 viewsChrisd

The Edge on BBC2 on 06:45 - Aug 3 by bournemouthblue

So many of that squad seemed to be battling with their mental health during that period. Got the impression Andy Flower now appreciates the importance of a healthy mind and would do things differently if he was the current England coach or in a similar position elsewhere.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 15:25]

The Edge on BBC2 on 07:18 - Aug 4 with 2797 viewsGaryCooper

Genuinely the best sporting programme I have watched, superb.
Login to get fewer ads

The Edge on BBC2 on 20:23 - Aug 4 with 2676 viewsAce_High1

The Edge on BBC2 on 07:19 - Aug 3 by Chrisd

So many of that squad seemed to be battling with their mental health during that period. Got the impression Andy Flower now appreciates the importance of a healthy mind and would do things differently if he was the current England coach or in a similar position elsewhere.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 15:25]

Yes think he definitely recognises that he neglected that part and pushed them all a little too much.

It can not be a coincidence that we had mental health issues/stories of players being so unhappy/crying all around that period - Finn, Trott, KP to name a few.

Shame though as 10 of that 11 - Strauss, Cook, Trott, KP, Bell, Collingwood, Prior, Swann, Broad, Anderson, were our best test team for decades. Every position nailed down, no debate about others coming in.
The Edge on BBC2 on 20:57 - Aug 4 with 2642 viewsnorth_stand77

It was a brilliant watch. I'm not especially in to cricket myself, but decided to watch it.

Very cleverly put together and a great insight in to the pressures placed on top sportsmen.
The Edge on BBC2 on 21:48 - Aug 4 with 2612 viewsChrisd

The Edge on BBC2 on 20:23 - Aug 4 by Ace_High1

Yes think he definitely recognises that he neglected that part and pushed them all a little too much.

It can not be a coincidence that we had mental health issues/stories of players being so unhappy/crying all around that period - Finn, Trott, KP to name a few.

Shame though as 10 of that 11 - Strauss, Cook, Trott, KP, Bell, Collingwood, Prior, Swann, Broad, Anderson, were our best test team for decades. Every position nailed down, no debate about others coming in.

Didn't really appreciate that top 5 we had back then: Cook, Strauss, Trott, Pietersen and Bell were all top class players....world class with a couple of them.

The Edge on BBC2 on 22:49 - Aug 4 with 2573 viewsreusersfreekicks

The Edge on BBC2 on 07:14 - Aug 3 by Ace_High1

Yes I really rated Finn and he was top wicket taker in that Ashes series but got dropped for last two tests as he was going for too many runs.

Still plays for Middlesex.

Really good documentary, great behind the scenes content from the players like Strauss, Trott, KP, Anderson etc.

Agreed, is an excellent piece of tv
The Edge on BBC2 on 07:53 - Aug 10 with 2308 viewsSteve_M

I watched this last night, as everyone else has said it's really good. Brings back so many good memories but also benefits from the perspective of time and most of those featured were very self-refelctive.

Without Flower's approach that team might not have got to Number 1 in the World but that same approach wasn't able to build on that, quite clear that he recognises that now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Edge on BBC2 on 07:56 - Aug 10 with 2301 viewsMaySixth

I was on the production team.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024