Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich and Sunderland 11:47 - Aug 9 with 2920 viewsHorsham

Maybe more than a coincidence we are chasing the same players as Sunderland. If we lose out to Sunderland in terms of Garbutt and Graham we can at least make sure it’s contested and force the wages up to reduce their salary cap wriggle room.
Ipswich and Sunderland on 11:51 - Aug 9 with 2908 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Although that argument could be seen to work the other way too.

I think it is far more likely that the press and agents see us as very similar propositions and so will mention us both whether the interest is genuine or not.

With us being very similar clubs it is also not surprising we would be after similar players too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ipswich and Sunderland on 13:00 - Aug 9 with 2745 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Hope it’s nothing, not interested in Graham, first it’s Keogh and then Graham, why are we signing this ageing players, I can’t them developing Ipswich Town long term.

We have 2 senior strikers, we have Freddie Sears as another option, Aaron Drinan just below that, then Morris/Simpson just below that.

Why are we interested in signing 35 year old players who are going to hinder the development of our own.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Ipswich and Sunderland on 13:07 - Aug 9 with 2724 viewsPhilTWTD

Ipswich and Sunderland on 11:51 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Although that argument could be seen to work the other way too.

I think it is far more likely that the press and agents see us as very similar propositions and so will mention us both whether the interest is genuine or not.

With us being very similar clubs it is also not surprising we would be after similar players too.

I think there's certainly been an element of your middle paragraph, and we will be in very much the same market for players.
Ipswich and Sunderland on 15:09 - Aug 9 with 2471 viewsParisBlue

Judging by your username I'd suggest a change of scenery for the new season. Was genuinely excited by this new signing - I'd forgotten what that feeling was like!

Proper club well run with a new ground with proper supporters (give my regards to the Lardy boys). Shame about the club colours.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Ipswich and Sunderland on 15:45 - Aug 9 with 2397 viewsBryanPlug

Ipswich and Sunderland on 13:00 - Aug 9 by TheTrueBlue1878

Hope it’s nothing, not interested in Graham, first it’s Keogh and then Graham, why are we signing this ageing players, I can’t them developing Ipswich Town long term.

We have 2 senior strikers, we have Freddie Sears as another option, Aaron Drinan just below that, then Morris/Simpson just below that.

Why are we interested in signing 35 year old players who are going to hinder the development of our own.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ipswich and Sunderland on 16:10 - Aug 9 with 2327 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Agree.

I'd like to see Ben Morris get more than just the odd 6 or 7 minutes at the end of a pointless cup game at some point.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ipswich and Sunderland on 16:32 - Aug 9 with 2254 viewsWickets

Ipswich and Sunderland on 16:10 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Agree.

I'd like to see Ben Morris get more than just the odd 6 or 7 minutes at the end of a pointless cup game at some point.

And it would be good to see more of Simpson as i thought he did ok in his brief apparences last season .
Ipswich and Sunderland on 16:39 - Aug 9 with 2232 viewsdavblue

How do you know for sure that they wont help cultivate a good culture for the young ones to thrive in? And no player over 32 has ever done anything have they?

We need a physical striker who can hold the ball up without nouse, I'm not to sure there will be too many 23 year olds with that level of ability available on a free transfer.

If we have one available internally whocan do that job by all means they should be looked at first, if not we have to bring someone in.

Simpson is the only one I've seen but he looks nowhere near ready and Graham for a year may help him along, depends on what type of character he is.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich and Sunderland on 19:54 - Aug 9 with 2043 viewsradiogaga

You mean a (soon to be) 35 year old striker who has scored over 150 career goals largely in the top 2 divisions/ has experience of winning promotion from league one/ played nearly 40 games for a top half championship team last season? And has always caused us a lot of problems every time we've faced him?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 19:56]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Ipswich and Sunderland on 20:14 - Aug 9 with 1985 viewsBlueBadger

It's almost like our manager is utterly clueless with no idea as to any kind of long term strategy beyond 'con the owner into still payng me'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich and Sunderland on 21:54 - Aug 9 with 1828 viewsCoco

Ipswich and Sunderland on 19:54 - Aug 9 by radiogaga

You mean a (soon to be) 35 year old striker who has scored over 150 career goals largely in the top 2 divisions/ has experience of winning promotion from league one/ played nearly 40 games for a top half championship team last season? And has always caused us a lot of problems every time we've faced him?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 19:56]

Are you talking about Ebanks-Blake or Nathan ‘The Duke’ Ellington?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024