Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Headphones advice, please 10:30 - Aug 14 with 3445 viewsRadlett_blue

It's Mrs Radlett's birthday next month & she wants some wireless headphones, over ear. I usually buy ones for about £30 which I use in the gym, but I think she will expect something better. She isn't that into music (or what I call music) but is more likely to be listening to general media audio. Any advice welcome.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Headphones advice, please on 10:42 - Aug 14 with 3417 viewsdavblue

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-1000xm4

Depends how much you want to spend but i have last years and they are brilliant.
Headphones advice, please on 10:52 - Aug 14 with 3398 viewsRadlett_blue

Headphones advice, please on 10:42 - Aug 14 by davblue

Depends how much you want to spend but i have last years and they are brilliant.

Yeah, the Sony get great ratings & I did see them when in Costco this week. Quite expensive though.. The JBL Live 650BTNC get good ratings & only £90.

Headphones advice, please on 10:52 - Aug 14 with 3391 viewsBluefish

My daughter has Beats on ear ones and they are very impressive and look pretty cool

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Headphones advice, please on 11:05 - Aug 14 with 3379 viewsStokieBlue

I just have the old version of these (no noise cancelling on the old ones), work very well. Also have a waterproof speaker from them which is also good.

Not as fancy as Sony or Beats of course:

https://www.soundcore.com/uk/products/variant/life-q20/A3025011

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Headphones advice, please on 11:08 - Aug 14 with 3372 viewsDubtractor

I got a pair of these recently and they are very good.

https://www.status.co/products/btone

Crisp and clear sound, not too muddy with the bass but still with a decent whomp to them, lightweight, loads of battery life. Loads of good reviews too, which is why I went for them.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Headphones advice, please on 12:06 - Aug 14 with 3305 viewsvilanovablue

Does she want over ear or earbuds. I've owned a variety of earbuds and would strongly recommend the Sony WF-1000XM3. They are £160 on Amazon and are exceptional. At £100 you have Cambridge Melomania's which are also decent.ive owned both feel to drop me a DM if you want more info.
Headphones advice, please on 18:17 - Aug 14 with 3169 viewsWeWereZombies

I ordered a pair of bone conduction headphones yesterday from some outfit called Deal Extreme in the States, ridiculously cheap (U$16.16, which works out at £12.43 Santander tell me - I had no idea that the dollar was as low as 1.30 to the £). I will let you know what they are like if they ever turn up...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Headphones advice, please on 18:41 - Aug 14 with 3146 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Headphones advice, please on 10:42 - Aug 14 by davblue

Yes, I'd second that. Anywhere with a more or less constant background noise is turned to silence. They're fantastic on airplanes, the tube, while I wear them walking around central London and they switch off the roar.

They are pricey, but I've seen used ones at quite a discount at the used game store (CeX) on Lower Brook Street in central Ipswich.

The battery life is amazing, too - 30 hours!
Login to get fewer ads

Headphones advice, please on 22:48 - Aug 14 with 3059 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Headphones advice, please on 23:02 - Aug 14 with 3040 viewsPlums

My wife and I have a pair of these each which we both love for running and cycling as they allow outside sound in. They’re not brilliant as a phone headset because the function that allows external sound in reduces the volume during a call if there’s a loud noise however I have had Aftershokz previously and think these are better.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Headphones advice, please on 23:35 - Aug 14 with 3029 viewsTractorWood

Headphones advice, please on 23:02 - Aug 14 by Plums

My wife and I have a pair of these each which we both love for running and cycling as they allow outside sound in. They’re not brilliant as a phone headset because the function that allows external sound in reduces the volume during a call if there’s a loud noise however I have had Aftershokz previously and think these are better.

Fair enough but I really wouldn't advocate cycling with any form of headphones.

I have bone conductors for running and like them but wouldn't dream of using them on my bike.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Headphones advice, please on 09:57 - Aug 15 with 2936 viewsRadlett_blue

Headphones advice, please on 12:06 - Aug 14 by vilanovablue

Does she want over ear or earbuds. I've owned a variety of earbuds and would strongly recommend the Sony WF-1000XM3. They are £160 on Amazon and are exceptional. At £100 you have Cambridge Melomania's which are also decent.ive owned both feel to drop me a DM if you want more info.

No, over ear, but thanks to you & all the others for their help & advice.
Paul Lambert told me to buy 7 different pairs so that she can try a different pair each day.

Headphones advice, please on 10:02 - Aug 15 with 2933 viewsPlums

Headphones advice, please on 23:35 - Aug 14 by TractorWood

Fair enough but I really wouldn't advocate cycling with any form of headphones.

I have bone conductors for running and like them but wouldn't dream of using them on my bike.

I don’t on the road. Off road, it’s fine.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Headphones advice, please on 10:12 - Aug 15 with 2926 viewsWeWereZombies

Headphones advice, please on 10:02 - Aug 15 by Plums

I don’t on the road. Off road, it’s fine.

I am getting bone conduction headphones specifically for cycling. Having diagnosed moderate hearing loss I cannot hear today's smooth purring car engines coming up behind me unless I am wearing hearing aids, but hearing aids and the straps that go with a cycle helmet are a bad combination (and with a residual weakness in my skull from a fall I am meticulous in wearing a helmet.) I have read reports of people who use bone conduction headphones for this reason and I want to try it, if it means that I will be aware of traffic around me then I will be safer - and I will be able to carry out conversations with having to stop and take the helmet off, put hearing aids in, have the conversation, take hearing aids out, put them safely away, put helmet back on etc. I doubt I will use the headphones for listening to music.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Headphones advice, please on 10:32 - Aug 15 with 2921 viewsPlums

Headphones advice, please on 10:12 - Aug 15 by WeWereZombies

I am getting bone conduction headphones specifically for cycling. Having diagnosed moderate hearing loss I cannot hear today's smooth purring car engines coming up behind me unless I am wearing hearing aids, but hearing aids and the straps that go with a cycle helmet are a bad combination (and with a residual weakness in my skull from a fall I am meticulous in wearing a helmet.) I have read reports of people who use bone conduction headphones for this reason and I want to try it, if it means that I will be aware of traffic around me then I will be safer - and I will be able to carry out conversations with having to stop and take the helmet off, put hearing aids in, have the conversation, take hearing aids out, put them safely away, put helmet back on etc. I doubt I will use the headphones for listening to music.

I have had two sets of Aftershokz Bone conducting earphones and both broke in exactly the same place after moderate use and good care. When they worked, they were great but I won’t buy them again. Good luck with finding a solution.

Headphones advice, please on 15:46 - Aug 15 with 2827 viewsChiefXL

If you can get over the brand snobbery these are excellent value....

https://www.aldi.co.uk/veho-on-ear-bluetooth-headphones/p/706128393461101
Headphones advice, please on 17:22 - Aug 15 with 2783 viewsblueconscience

Headphones advice, please on 22:48 - Aug 14 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Can’t go wrong with a pair of Sennheiser headphones. Decent quality at a decent price.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024