Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four into two 08:57 - Aug 19 with 5225 viewsIpswichKnight

We have a bit of a quandary coming up, we have 4 number 10’s and realistically only 2 spots available one starting and one on the bench, so who starts and who’s in the bench out of

Bishop
Judge
El-Miz
Dobra

It sounds like Dobra will be used more as a wide player so think we can discount him for the moment.

That leaves Bishop, Judge and El-Miz fighting it out for 2 spots. For me I’d pick Bishop and El-Miz, El-Miz as he offers a goal threat and set piece too but I suspect he will currently be the one to miss out.

Was heartening to have all 4 play well though!
Four into two on 15:43 - Aug 20 with 799 viewsBrixtonBlue

Four into two on 15:04 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

El Miz started against AFC Wimbledon last year I think.

The lack of evidence of their ability at this level is largely down to Lambert not giving them enough game time last season even when the experienced pros weren't performing. Only a handful of sides gave fewer minutes to young players than us in this league last season. It's depressing seeing our fans advocating for that to continue, especially after the old guard failed so spectacularly last season.

I don't thing anyone in this thread is advocating continuing playing Judge if he isn't performing.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Four into two on 15:44 - Aug 20 with 797 viewsBrixtonBlue

Four into two on 15:31 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

Don't patronise me, Dollers.

You do it enough to others.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Four into two on 15:52 - Aug 20 with 775 viewsHerbivore

Four into two on 15:36 - Aug 20 by portmanking

He is right on the latter part of his post, at least.

Judge himself admitted to being mentally drained by off-field matters. He had 10% of pre-season and by his own admission was nowhere near full fitness. It's obviously a now-or-never season for him and you can already sense that in his body language in his recent iFollow interview.

Get him central and have others doing the wide work and Judge SHOULD still be streets ahead of most in League One.

He played central most of last season. He had a broken wrist in preseason so missed friendlies and full contact training but he shouldn't have been massively unfit and he ought to have been match sharp by Christmas at the latest. He continued to be poor. I don't see the evidence for Judge being streets ahead at this level based on his time here. A pre-leg break Judge is clearly too good for this level but this version? I'm not seeing it. I hope he proves me wrong and that he has a significant step up in performance in him still but not too many players have an upturn at 31.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Four into two on 15:52 - Aug 20 with 773 viewsHerbivore

Four into two on 15:44 - Aug 20 by BrixtonBlue

You do it enough to others.

No you are. Great work, Dollers.

Four into two on 15:53 - Aug 20 with 773 viewsHerbivore

Four into two on 15:43 - Aug 20 by BrixtonBlue

I don't thing anyone in this thread is advocating continuing playing Judge if he isn't performing.

They seem to be, given he's not been performing for over a year now and people are still saying we should play him.

Four into two on 16:07 - Aug 20 with 757 viewsportmanking

Four into two on 15:52 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

He played central most of last season. He had a broken wrist in preseason so missed friendlies and full contact training but he shouldn't have been massively unfit and he ought to have been match sharp by Christmas at the latest. He continued to be poor. I don't see the evidence for Judge being streets ahead at this level based on his time here. A pre-leg break Judge is clearly too good for this level but this version? I'm not seeing it. I hope he proves me wrong and that he has a significant step up in performance in him still but not too many players have an upturn at 31.

I'm not having that he played centrally most of last season.

He played wide left in a 4-4-2 for large chunks of it. That simply isn't his game, he doesn't have the speed anymore. It's the middle of the park where he can use his guile more.

I'm confident, as Dollers says, with a full pre-season in him and his family happy, healthy and settled, Judge will be more of a threat in 2020/21 - IF he's played centrally.

His goal at Colchester is proof of how positive he's feeling on the ball already. The ball was alien to him this time last year.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 16:12]
Four into two on 16:15 - Aug 20 with 734 viewsHerbivore

Four into two on 16:07 - Aug 20 by portmanking

I'm not having that he played centrally most of last season.

He played wide left in a 4-4-2 for large chunks of it. That simply isn't his game, he doesn't have the speed anymore. It's the middle of the park where he can use his guile more.

I'm confident, as Dollers says, with a full pre-season in him and his family happy, healthy and settled, Judge will be more of a threat in 2020/21 - IF he's played centrally.

His goal at Colchester is proof of how positive he's feeling on the ball already. The ball was alien to him this time last year.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 16:12]

We played 3-5-2 for much of last season and he played aged of two sitters in behind the strikers. Our main run playing 4-4-2 came early in the season with Garbutt ahead of Kenlock. I think people are so desperate to hold on to Alan Judge coming good that they ignore the reality of things. He played left occasionally when we were going full Lambingo but he had most appearances centrally and had a good run in an advanced central position. This gives a breakdown of where he played: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11784/Show/Alan-Judge

Four into two on 16:18 - Aug 20 with 725 viewsBrixtonBlue

Four into two on 15:52 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

No you are. Great work, Dollers.

You've literally patronised others in this thread, so it should be upsetting when a little comes back.

Login to get fewer ads

Four into two on 17:02 - Aug 20 with 694 viewsLibero

Four into two on 16:18 - Aug 20 by BrixtonBlue

You've literally patronised others in this thread, so it should be upsetting when a little comes back.

You’re both acting like a fanny, I call it a draw.
Four into two on 17:06 - Aug 20 with 690 viewsBrixtonBlue

Four into two on 17:02 - Aug 20 by Libero

You’re both acting like a fanny, I call it a draw.

How have I acted like a fanny? I just pointed out that this isn't a computer game - Judge is a human with feelings and had off-field issues to deal with. There are also plenty of others in this thread who also disagree with Herbi's assessment that we should ditch judge.

I don't think there's anything about my views here which could be described as fannyish!

Four into two on 18:59 - Aug 20 with 650 viewsLibero

Four into two on 17:06 - Aug 20 by BrixtonBlue

How have I acted like a fanny? I just pointed out that this isn't a computer game - Judge is a human with feelings and had off-field issues to deal with. There are also plenty of others in this thread who also disagree with Herbi's assessment that we should ditch judge.

I don't think there's anything about my views here which could be described as fannyish!

You keep this up and you’ll snatch the title in the last minute!
Four into two on 21:34 - Aug 20 with 601 viewsGarv

Four into two on 14:59 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

No, I said that about Jackson. But Jackson doesn't need that excuse as he managed 7 assists from open play as it was. It was more to highlight how effective Jackson is at creating good chances for others when he works the chanels. Nice try though.

Fair enough. You could say the same about Judge losing out on assists resulting from poor finishing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024