Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day 09:36 - Aug 21 with 1176 viewshatch

#feelingblessed
Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 09:39 - Aug 21 with 1172 viewsBlue_Heath

Why? definitely can't go to first game, we were behind covid first wave Europe is now pretty much into second wave which probably rules Christmas out, last home game unless champions won't be anything special!
Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 09:40 - Aug 21 with 1154 viewsHerbivore

I'm pleased that we've got some North West away games in the later part of the season when there's at least a slim chance away fans might be able to attend. That will likely be my only hope of getting to a game this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:06 - Aug 21 with 1096 viewsusm

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 09:39 - Aug 21 by Blue_Heath

Why? definitely can't go to first game, we were behind covid first wave Europe is now pretty much into second wave which probably rules Christmas out, last home game unless champions won't be anything special!

Chin up lad, its FRIDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:20 - Aug 21 with 1084 viewsLibero

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 09:40 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

I'm pleased that we've got some North West away games in the later part of the season when there's at least a slim chance away fans might be able to attend. That will likely be my only hope of getting to a game this season.

Don't hold your breath mate, even if they're letting in home fans it would be unwise of them to start letting in away fans and have people travelling across the country for leisure activities on such a regular basis.

It'd be a nightmare for track and trace, which has essentially been devolved to each local authority, all of whom are doing it slightly differently.
Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:23 - Aug 21 with 1071 views26_Paz

I’m holding out hope for Boxing Day! First game, no chance and even when they start letting fans back in the first few games will be sh1t ...

The Paz Man

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:28 - Aug 21 with 1055 viewsHerbivore

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:20 - Aug 21 by Libero

Don't hold your breath mate, even if they're letting in home fans it would be unwise of them to start letting in away fans and have people travelling across the country for leisure activities on such a regular basis.

It'd be a nightmare for track and trace, which has essentially been devolved to each local authority, all of whom are doing it slightly differently.

I'm not holding my breath, but 6 months is a long time and we don't know how things will look at that time. 6 months ago we were still a month away from the start of lockdown. I'd imagine there is more of a chance of away fans being allowed in come March than there would be in November which was my point really.

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:32 - Aug 21 with 1042 viewsLibero

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:28 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

I'm not holding my breath, but 6 months is a long time and we don't know how things will look at that time. 6 months ago we were still a month away from the start of lockdown. I'd imagine there is more of a chance of away fans being allowed in come March than there would be in November which was my point really.

It would take an almost global shift to be able to justify that, still, I've seen plenty of stupid things justified in recent months, so you never know.
Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:35 - Aug 21 with 1036 viewsHerbivore

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:32 - Aug 21 by Libero

It would take an almost global shift to be able to justify that, still, I've seen plenty of stupid things justified in recent months, so you never know.

6 months is a long time mate. Maybe now isn't the best time to be judging what people might or might not be hypothetically doing in 6 months?

Login to get fewer ads

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 1026 viewsLibero

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:35 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

6 months is a long time mate. Maybe now isn't the best time to be judging what people might or might not be hypothetically doing in 6 months?

In risk assessment terms you'd need a substantial change to the current situation, having people move freely around the country on a sometimes twice weekly basis for leisure could only really be justified by a vaccination/cure/receding of the virus on a global scale/restricting all non-essential travel in and out of the country coupled with a decrease in virus hot spots in the UK.

While I agree with you in theory, I'm pessimistic that any of that is going to happen, but as I say, there's been plenty of sincerely more stupid things that have been okay'd and normalised in recent months, so who knows...
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 10:43]
Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:44 - Aug 21 with 1009 viewsHerbivore

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:40 - Aug 21 by Libero

In risk assessment terms you'd need a substantial change to the current situation, having people move freely around the country on a sometimes twice weekly basis for leisure could only really be justified by a vaccination/cure/receding of the virus on a global scale/restricting all non-essential travel in and out of the country coupled with a decrease in virus hot spots in the UK.

While I agree with you in theory, I'm pessimistic that any of that is going to happen, but as I say, there's been plenty of sincerely more stupid things that have been okay'd and normalised in recent months, so who knows...
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 10:43]

Yeah I know you are. I'd rather wait and see how things are looking at that time. 6 months ago nobody had started working on a vaccination and now we have some promising early results from human trials and production ready to be scaled up. Whether that pans out or not we don't know yet but I'd rather wait and see instead of deciding now what will and won't be appropriate for people to do in 6 months' time.

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 11:08 - Aug 21 with 939 viewsLibero

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 10:44 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

Yeah I know you are. I'd rather wait and see how things are looking at that time. 6 months ago nobody had started working on a vaccination and now we have some promising early results from human trials and production ready to be scaled up. Whether that pans out or not we don't know yet but I'd rather wait and see instead of deciding now what will and won't be appropriate for people to do in 6 months' time.

Who's deciding now? I'm just talking about the potential likelihood/probability.
Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 11:12 - Aug 21 with 932 viewsflimflam

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 09:39 - Aug 21 by Blue_Heath

Pretty safe in Suffolk.

Pretty safe everywhere actually unless you act like a dick.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 11:16 - Aug 21 with 927 viewsHerbivore

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 11:08 - Aug 21 by Libero

Who's deciding now? I'm just talking about the potential likelihood/probability.

This bit sounded rather judgy rather than just being a comment on the likelihood: "I've seen plenty of stupid things justified in recent months, so you never know". There's a strong implication that you think people going to the footy in 6 months are doing something stupid, which given we don't know what things will look like in 6 months seemed a bit much.

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 11:17 - Aug 21 with 925 viewsLibero

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 11:12 - Aug 21 by flimflam

Pretty safe in Suffolk.

Pretty safe everywhere actually unless you act like a dick.

Indeed, but the risk profile of Suffolk would somewhat increase if we started accepting thousands of extra visitors every Tuesday and Saturday from places all around the UK with their on risk profile as an area, let alone as each individual.

Some of which would undoubtedly act like dicks (we've all been on away days and seen it)
Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 11:19 - Aug 21 with 922 viewsLibero

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 11:16 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

This bit sounded rather judgy rather than just being a comment on the likelihood: "I've seen plenty of stupid things justified in recent months, so you never know". There's a strong implication that you think people going to the footy in 6 months are doing something stupid, which given we don't know what things will look like in 6 months seemed a bit much.

If in 6 months time things are as they are now and this kind of movement around the country is encouraged then yes, it would be stupid.

Any way, I'm going to step away mate, I don't want Dollers to think I'm trying to steal his Girlfriend.
Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 12:19 - Aug 21 with 844 views26_Paz

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 11:17 - Aug 21 by Libero

Indeed, but the risk profile of Suffolk would somewhat increase if we started accepting thousands of extra visitors every Tuesday and Saturday from places all around the UK with their on risk profile as an area, let alone as each individual.

Some of which would undoubtedly act like dicks (we've all been on away days and seen it)

Hundreds of thousands of people are moving around the country at the moment for staycations and stuff ...

The Paz Man

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 12:32 - Aug 21 with 804 viewsLibero

Home games first day, last day and Boxing Day on 12:19 - Aug 21 by 26_Paz

Hundreds of thousands of people are moving around the country at the moment for staycations and stuff ...

They’re not congregating in crowds of thousands...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024