Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? 18:22 - Aug 30 with 3808 viewsHorsham

Nft
Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:05 - Aug 30 with 1228 viewsIpswichKnight

We have no idea what he thinks is our best team or our method of play. Will we play Judge and Nolan with Downes or will it be Skuse and Dozzell or Bishop and Huws. Anyone got a clue who the centre backs will be or if we are going to keep passing it out or bang it long to Hawkins.

I bet we are going to use the first 2 competitive games as pre-season friendlies but it would actually be nice to win a cup game and not look to lose it to give match time to yet another formation that we are likely never see again.
Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:05 - Aug 30 with 1220 viewsFixed_It

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 18:59 - Aug 30 by Mullet

I'd still argue that promotion is a minimum frankly, the idea he'd then do well in the Championship with us is so far away it's hard to see how he can win.

He sent us down in the most pathetic manner and has done little since beyond talking a good game to turn that around. Even when he had a massive advantage and we were top of the league he made the wrong decisions for far too long and left us in worst ever position (bar the time we came up in the 30's).

Some of this is self-inflicted as far as most of the fans go, but I can't live with it. I want my club back frankly and if we don't go up this season the salary cap kills whatever is left of it.

Oh I agree. Promotion is a must.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:08 - Aug 30 with 1221 viewsPJH

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:01 - Aug 30 by Terry_Nutkins

This.

Things have been blown up without is really knowing what is true and what isn't. The photo thing wasn't as reported yet has still counted massively against him despite being next to nothing.

It does seem like there must be something in their being some unrest. Whether that is normal big squad can't keep everyone happy stuff or something more we'll see. He will be manager start of season so let's see what the results say. Bad and he's gone!

But also going against him are his failures in both 2018/19 and 2019/20 so purely on football results he is very lucky still to be here.

He did a wonderful and seemingly heartfelt job in getting almost all of the fan base onside with himself and the club but that has now almost completely disappeared so far as PL is concerned.

IF he has also lost the players there is no logical reason for him to still be here because the short term future does not look good and if the short term future proves to be not good then the long term future is likely to be even worse.
Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:13 - Aug 30 with 1215 viewsHorsham

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:01 - Aug 30 by Terry_Nutkins

This.

Things have been blown up without is really knowing what is true and what isn't. The photo thing wasn't as reported yet has still counted massively against him despite being next to nothing.

It does seem like there must be something in their being some unrest. Whether that is normal big squad can't keep everyone happy stuff or something more we'll see. He will be manager start of season so let's see what the results say. Bad and he's gone!

It announced he’s gone tomorrow, you are going to be disappointed?

You must be seeing something positive in PL that is not apparent to me:

I suspect you’re living in hope rather than expectation.
Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:21 - Aug 30 with 1192 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:13 - Aug 30 by Horsham

I think you misinterpreted the post.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:25 - Aug 30 with 1191 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:13 - Aug 30 by Horsham

Difficult one. I would say if he's announced gone tomorrow it would be the worst possible time to do it. Pre season has been a bit flat but performance wise only the last one was really poor and load sif big players missing. It wouldn't make any sense unless the squad are totally against him which I doubt is the truth (even if some are miffed).

If we play poorly and are off the pace after 5-10 league games I'll lose no sleep.

I don't think anyone can live in expectation of success for us anymore can they. Yes I still have some hope. But it has the limits I've stuck to. Nothing big changed there. Just loads of rumours which is not pleasant but also not fact. Doesn't look great though.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:30 - Aug 30 with 1180 viewslongtimefan

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:05 - Aug 30 by IpswichKnight

We have no idea what he thinks is our best team or our method of play. Will we play Judge and Nolan with Downes or will it be Skuse and Dozzell or Bishop and Huws. Anyone got a clue who the centre backs will be or if we are going to keep passing it out or bang it long to Hawkins.

I bet we are going to use the first 2 competitive games as pre-season friendlies but it would actually be nice to win a cup game and not look to lose it to give match time to yet another formation that we are likely never see again.

Frankly it matters not one jot whether we know who he thinks his best team is. It’s only matters that he knows. Personally I wouldn’t put money on it!
Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:30 - Aug 30 with 1173 viewsHorsham

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:21 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think you misinterpreted the post.

Don’t think so. He’s saying let’s see how the first few games go. I’m asking why wait for the first few games? The reason I’m Lambert out now is i no longer can cling to any hope he’ll come good.

If anyone can point to the positives I’d genuinely like to hear them because I don’t enjoy feeling like this about the club.

The inference is in the title of the thread and is a different question from do you want Lambert out?

Take away whether you think supporting the manager is right or not. It’s not your decision, it’s Marcus, he makes it tomorrow and Lambert is gone. Are you happy or unhappy with that?
Login to get fewer ads

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:36 - Aug 30 with 1158 viewsHorsham

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:25 - Aug 30 by Terry_Nutkins

Difficult one. I would say if he's announced gone tomorrow it would be the worst possible time to do it. Pre season has been a bit flat but performance wise only the last one was really poor and load sif big players missing. It wouldn't make any sense unless the squad are totally against him which I doubt is the truth (even if some are miffed).

If we play poorly and are off the pace after 5-10 league games I'll lose no sleep.

I don't think anyone can live in expectation of success for us anymore can they. Yes I still have some hope. But it has the limits I've stuck to. Nothing big changed there. Just loads of rumours which is not pleasant but also not fact. Doesn't look great though.

Totally cool.

Cheers, wish there was more to hang our hopes on.

As supporters we deserve better. If Lambert somehow turns it round I’ll be a very happy man and you sir can be rightfully smugger than the rest.
Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:43 - Aug 30 with 1139 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:30 - Aug 30 by Horsham

Don’t think so. He’s saying let’s see how the first few games go. I’m asking why wait for the first few games? The reason I’m Lambert out now is i no longer can cling to any hope he’ll come good.

If anyone can point to the positives I’d genuinely like to hear them because I don’t enjoy feeling like this about the club.

The inference is in the title of the thread and is a different question from do you want Lambert out?

Take away whether you think supporting the manager is right or not. It’s not your decision, it’s Marcus, he makes it tomorrow and Lambert is gone. Are you happy or unhappy with that?

My point was I don't think he was saying there were any positive, he was being pragmatic about the timing.

I'd be happy to see a change tomorrow.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:56 - Aug 30 with 1111 viewsHorsham

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:43 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

My point was I don't think he was saying there were any positive, he was being pragmatic about the timing.

I'd be happy to see a change tomorrow.

I admire Nutkins’ position on this; it’s honourable and old school Ipswich which I like.
Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 20:35 - Aug 30 with 1072 viewscinnamonITFC

I’d genuinely vote for him to stay at the minute.
He made mistakes (especially the rotation) but I can see why he tried it. Guess the downside of giving the rotation system a good go is that it’s a long time until you see the benefits, which of course if it doesn’t work obviously seems like wasted time. Hoping he will learn and change for this season.
With a bit of momentum early on, I think we could do well. And whilst it’s got a bit old now, I’d rather someone try and connect with the fans than completely ignore them.

Main reason not to change is that I’d be truly petrified of who we’d get next!
Obviously if we don’t get promoted this season then that’s it, but I’d give him the season as long as we’re in and around automatics.
Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 21:55 - Aug 30 with 1036 viewsBlueBadger

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 20:35 - Aug 30 by cinnamonITFC

I’d genuinely vote for him to stay at the minute.
He made mistakes (especially the rotation) but I can see why he tried it. Guess the downside of giving the rotation system a good go is that it’s a long time until you see the benefits, which of course if it doesn’t work obviously seems like wasted time. Hoping he will learn and change for this season.
With a bit of momentum early on, I think we could do well. And whilst it’s got a bit old now, I’d rather someone try and connect with the fans than completely ignore them.

Main reason not to change is that I’d be truly petrified of who we’d get next!
Obviously if we don’t get promoted this season then that’s it, but I’d give him the season as long as we’re in and around automatics.

We had a f*ckload of momentum last season that he squandered...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 22:03 - Aug 30 with 1028 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:36 - Aug 30 by Horsham

Totally cool.

Cheers, wish there was more to hang our hopes on.

As supporters we deserve better. If Lambert somehow turns it round I’ll be a very happy man and you sir can be rightfully smugger than the rest.

We can't have had much worse as fans can we. I console myself with a Sunderland mate (not like that). They slightly edge us terrible last few years. (They have played really low level teams pre-season and struggled by the way. Played best 11 Sat at Harrogate I think it was. Scored at the death but we're useless apparently. Not just us at least.

Cheers Horsham. Understood where you were coming from.

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 22:53 - Aug 30 with 973 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 19:25 - Aug 30 by Terry_Nutkins

Surely it would be better to get rid now than when we're languishing in lower midtable after 10 games?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 23:04 - Aug 30 with 959 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 22:03 - Aug 30 by Terry_Nutkins

We can't have had much worse as fans can we. I console myself with a Sunderland mate (not like that). They slightly edge us terrible last few years. (They have played really low level teams pre-season and struggled by the way. Played best 11 Sat at Harrogate I think it was. Scored at the death but we're useless apparently. Not just us at least.

Cheers Horsham. Understood where you were coming from.

To be fair I understand where people are coming from in thinking Lambert isn’t the right man for the job.

I personally still think he will get it right this year, and not wanting to roll the dice yet.

Got no time for people who persistently and personally attack Lambert though, malicious and unjustified. Anyone who holds a genuine and decent discussion stating they don’t think he’s the right man for the job, hasn’t got his tactics or philosophy right etc, fair cop, it hasn’t been good enough, but I think he will get it right this year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 23:08 - Aug 30 with 954 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 23:04 - Aug 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

To be fair I understand where people are coming from in thinking Lambert isn’t the right man for the job.

I personally still think he will get it right this year, and not wanting to roll the dice yet.

Got no time for people who persistently and personally attack Lambert though, malicious and unjustified. Anyone who holds a genuine and decent discussion stating they don’t think he’s the right man for the job, hasn’t got his tactics or philosophy right etc, fair cop, it hasn’t been good enough, but I think he will get it right this year.

What makes you think he'll get it right other than blind faith?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 23:09 - Aug 30 with 951 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 23:04 - Aug 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

Fair play. I'm pretty closely aligned whilst not quite your level of confidence 'he will'. That is where I was last season. I believe he is capable of getting it right still. If he was going to get sacked it had to be end of season. Can't be now. I wish Lambert well and really hope he does it.

Defo agree on the last paragraph.

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 23:20 - Aug 30 with 943 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is there anyone now who wouldn’t welcome Lambert being sacked? on 23:09 - Aug 30 by Terry_Nutkins

Fair play. I'm pretty closely aligned whilst not quite your level of confidence 'he will'. That is where I was last season. I believe he is capable of getting it right still. If he was going to get sacked it had to be end of season. Can't be now. I wish Lambert well and really hope he does it.

Defo agree on the last paragraph.

Possibly ‘he will’ is too strong, and certainly words that could bite me in the backside around Christmas time. I actually wasn’t that confident last year. I posted on here our final position would be 8th, people weren’t best pleased as there was a lot of optimism going in to last year.

I think the use of 4-3-3 in pre season is a positive sign, the use of it won’t be learnt overnight, or in 4 pre season games as some people seem to think should happen. I think the team will take 5 or 6 games to settle on play and personnel, and then if we settle well with the likes of Woolfenden, KVY, Downes, Bishop, Norwood, Lankester, I think we’ll be too strong this time round, injuries will be crucial again this year though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024