Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! 23:46 - Sep 17 with 1690 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This is unbelievable. Manager having players turn up Ill (4 having tested positive for Covid prior to the game and he tells those feeling ill "I don't want to hear it you are playing". And he's telling the press this!? Am I reading this wrong.

So he needs to be immediately sacked, 10k fine and the club need fining. This is unbelievably stupid. It's a football match. His actions could postpone the league and potentially kill people (even if not directly the players).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54199351
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 23:50]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 23:52 - Sep 17 with 1640 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ex-footballer in not being too bright shocker. I hadn't seen that, but it's nuts if true. He'll get a load of grief for that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 07:37 - Sep 18 with 1364 viewsOldsmoker

The picture of him on the link suggests to me that he might be a 'hair dryer' type manager.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 07:48 - Sep 18 with 1318 viewsCBBlue

What have I just read?????

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 08:24 - Sep 18 with 1235 viewsBluefish

If they are not covid symptoms then it ismt such a big deal

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 09:09 - Sep 18 with 1146 viewscrossyitfc

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 07:37 - Sep 18 by Oldsmoker

The picture of him on the link suggests to me that he might be a 'hair dryer' type manager.

Thought it was Steve Evans at first glance..
What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 09:23 - Sep 18 with 1095 viewsKeno

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 08:24 - Sep 18 by Bluefish

If they are not covid symptoms then it ismt such a big deal

"The game went ahead despite four players having tested positive for Covid-19 beforehand"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 09:35 - Sep 18 with 1043 viewsBluefish

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 09:23 - Sep 18 by Keno

"The game went ahead despite four players having tested positive for Covid-19 beforehand"

But those 4 didn't play

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 09:37 - Sep 18 with 1033 viewsKeno

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 09:35 - Sep 18 by Bluefish

But those 4 didn't play

I read it that they had played

anyway

Lambert Out

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 09:51 - Sep 18 with 992 viewsBluefish

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 09:37 - Sep 18 by Keno

I read it that they had played

anyway

Lambert Out

I read it they had loads missing with covid so all those with little colds etc had put put their big pants on and get on with it. Not such a big deal really

Lambert out

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 10:17 - Sep 18 with 923 viewsdirtyboy

As a coach (not football)

I've been reading into the effects of Covid on athletes, clearly there's not a lot out there, but I copied these comments to make me think about what i'm doing with my athlete's health as much as those they could pass it on to..

Professor Marc Dweck, British Heart Foundation Senior Lecturer and Consultant Cardiologist at the University of Edinburgh, said:

“Covid-19 is a complex, multisystem disease which can have profound effects on many parts of the body, including the heart…”

Professor Marc Dweck continued:

“Damage to the heart is known to occur in severe flu, but we were surprised to see so many patients with damage to their heart with COVID-19 and so many patients with severe dysfunction. We now need to understand the exact mechanism of this damage, whether it is reversible and what the long-term consequences of Covid-19 infection are on the heart.”

Dr. Curt Daniels. Director of sports cardiology at Ohio State, said:

“Cardiac M.R.I.s, an expensive and sparingly used tool, revealed an alarmingly high rate of myocarditis – heart inflammation that can lead to cardiac arrest with exertion – among college athletes who had recovered from the coronavirus”

The survey found myocarditis in close to 15 percent of athletes who had the virus, almost all of whom experienced mild or no symptoms, Daniels added, perhaps shedding more light on the uncertainties about the short- and long-term effects the virus may have on athletes.

“You could have a very high-level athlete who’s got a very superior VO2 max and cardiac output who gets infected with COVID and can drop his or her VO2 max and cardiac output just by 10 percent, and that could make them go from elite status to average status,”

Dr. Wayne Sebastianelli said.

“What we have seen when people have been studied with cardiac MRI scans – symptomatic and asymptomatic COVID infections – is a level of inflammation in cardiac muscle that just is alarming.”

If professional clubs and managers aren't taking this seriously, they shouldn't be working with athletes...period.
What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 11:15 - Sep 18 with 811 viewsTerry_Nutkins

What the hell!! Surely there have to be serious repercussions! on 09:51 - Sep 18 by Bluefish

I read it they had loads missing with covid so all those with little colds etc had put put their big pants on and get on with it. Not such a big deal really

Lambert out

Sorry but no. They have 5 players (4 confirmed and one who went down I'll and later confirmed) they knew or suspected had Covid and then more go down Ill and his approach is "I don't want to hear it" and clearly turning a blind eye to possible others with Covid and putting them out to play and contact with others is absolutely a big deal. It's mental.

We're miles away from knowing how it can effext everyone differently. It's just a football match. Cancel it. Obviously!!!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024