Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work from home if you can......again 08:25 - Sep 22 with 7073 viewssolomon

Penfold Gove just said so.
Work from home if you can......again on 14:45 - Sep 22 with 614 viewsBlueBadger

Work from home if you can......again on 13:09 - Sep 22 by MonkeyAlan

Two thirds of the country do jobs meaning they can't work from home. I fail to see how this is going to make much difference. Also shutting pubs and restaurants an hour early isnt going to change a lot either. This virus will be around before 10pm, it doesnt come out after dark. Can't see how these changes will do much at all.

1/3 of 29+ million people is quite a lot of people not out and about...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Work from home if you can......again on 14:48 - Sep 22 with 604 viewsMonkeyAlan

Work from home if you can......again on 14:45 - Sep 22 by BlueBadger

1/3 of 29+ million people is quite a lot of people not out and about...

It's still a hell of a lot who are too.
Work from home if you can......again on 14:49 - Sep 22 with 587 viewsHerbivore

Work from home if you can......again on 14:48 - Sep 22 by MonkeyAlan

Such a poor comedy creation.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Work from home if you can......again on 14:55 - Sep 22 with 583 viewsBlueBadger

Work from home if you can......again on 14:48 - Sep 22 by MonkeyAlan

Think how much extra space there is in PR when 20,000 turn up as opposed to capacity - that's quite a difference for crowd noise, spaces on the roads, in car parks, around you...

But you know all this anyway and are just desperately fishing for bites and attention.

Which I, in fairness, have been stupid enough to fall for.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Work from home if you can......again on 15:05 - Sep 22 with 562 viewsMonkeyAlan

Work from home if you can......again on 14:55 - Sep 22 by BlueBadger

Think how much extra space there is in PR when 20,000 turn up as opposed to capacity - that's quite a difference for crowd noise, spaces on the roads, in car parks, around you...

But you know all this anyway and are just desperately fishing for bites and attention.

You cant work from home. I can't. Lots can't. I wasn't looking for attention or any reaction from you or anyone else. I'm sick of government thinking everyone works in a blo0dy office, because they don't look outside London. All l was saying is it will still mean an awful lot of people will still be about spreading the virus. Or does it only attack office workers now?
Work from home if you can......again on 15:22 - Sep 22 with 536 viewsSpruceMoose

Work from home if you can......again on 15:05 - Sep 22 by MonkeyAlan

You cant work from home. I can't. Lots can't. I wasn't looking for attention or any reaction from you or anyone else. I'm sick of government thinking everyone works in a blo0dy office, because they don't look outside London. All l was saying is it will still mean an awful lot of people will still be about spreading the virus. Or does it only attack office workers now?

No... But perhaps it assists the people who have no option but to go into work to not have all the extra people who could work from home floating around.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Work from home if you can......again on 15:24 - Sep 22 with 524 viewsParisBlue

Work from home if you can......again on 08:51 - Sep 22 by solomon

Its because Our PM is a fool.

It's only in England where people were encouraged to go back to offices.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Work from home if you can......again on 15:26 - Sep 22 with 518 viewsSpruceMoose

Work from home if you can......again on 15:24 - Sep 22 by ParisBlue

I read the other day that only 10% of offices have returned here in NYC. Ours is closed until the end of the year at the earliest.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Work from home if you can......again on 15:41 - Sep 22 with 499 viewssolomon

Work from home if you can......again on 15:24 - Sep 22 by ParisBlue

Point taken

He’s still a fool though
Work from home if you can......again on 15:45 - Sep 22 with 489 viewsAce_High1

Work from home if you can......again on 15:26 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

I read the other day that only 10% of offices have returned here in NYC. Ours is closed until the end of the year at the earliest.

Are you getting a lot of tourists again or are they being encouraged to stay away?
Work from home if you can......again on 15:50 - Sep 22 with 476 viewssolomon

Work from home if you can......again on 14:55 - Sep 22 by BlueBadger

It amazes me that 6 months ago they were out in the street clapping the NHS on a Thursday night, now they’re moaning they can only spread the virus about till 10 o’clock at night. Madness
Work from home if you can......again on 16:05 - Sep 22 with 456 viewslongtimefan

Work from home if you can......again on 09:05 - Sep 22 by Steve_M

I saw some numbers last week - in the FT I think- that only 20% of people were still WFH full time. That surprised me as anecdotally it would seem more than that. Perhaps it's a London thing and it's been easier for people to go back where they can drive.

The real issue with getting back into the office is capacity. Not just in seating terms where we are at about 40% on "one metre plus" but lifts and the kitchen areas restricted to two people at a time. I can't really be bothered with queuing for ten minutes to make tea or get water when I can walk to the kitchen in seconds.

BBC have a piece today which says 20% as well. Graph shows 60% travelling to work and 20% working from home as of the 17th of this month

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518
Work from home if you can......again on 16:13 - Sep 22 with 449 viewsSpruceMoose

Work from home if you can......again on 15:45 - Sep 22 by Ace_High1

Are you getting a lot of tourists again or are they being encouraged to stay away?

I work not far from Times Square and had to go into the office a few weeks back. The place was much quieter than usual but there were still a fair few people there taking photos etc. So some people are coming still, I think, but not many. You can walk round midtown and it's actually pretty nice, quiet, clean, people are spaced well apart.

I'm not sure why people are coming to be honest. Museums have only just started to open, the subway is now an even more unpleasant experience than its always been, there's no cinema, Broadway shows, concerts, sporting events, no inside eating and drinking. There's not a huge amount to do other than walk around. I wonder whether Christmas will tempt a few to visit though.

Honestly, I'd rather people didn't visit right now. I think it's selfish. The people who live here have suffered and struggled this year and it's only now becoming manageable to live a little more normally. I've pretty much been holed up in my living room for the whole year to try and keep my family, friends, neighbours and community safe. We don't need a load of Europeans, Floridians or Midwesterners coming here in large numbers with the virus just because they can. Just wait, give us some time and space!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 16:16]

Work from home if you can......again on 16:20 - Sep 22 with 432 viewsSwansea_Blue

Work from home if you can......again on 16:05 - Sep 22 by longtimefan

BBC have a piece today which says 20% as well. Graph shows 60% travelling to work and 20% working from home as of the 17th of this month

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

it's noticeably more busy on the roads. We had a pretty much normal rush hour in Swansea yesterday.

Students are back too (in huge groups, little sign of social distancing). If uni towns aren't the next to go into lockdown, I'll be really surprised. We've already got several schools under restrictions.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024