Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs and the VAR 16:01 - Sep 27 with 1796 viewsMetal_Hacker

Anyone see it ? Game has gone crazy

Other instances this weekend just makes me glad we haven’t got it

Shambles

Poll: If it were one or the other

Spurs and the VAR on 16:08 - Sep 27 with 1322 viewsChrisd

Absolute joke of a decision, just like Ward’s yesterday against Everton.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Spurs and the VAR on 16:09 - Sep 27 with 1315 viewsMetal_Hacker

Spurs and the VAR on 16:08 - Sep 27 by Chrisd

Absolute joke of a decision, just like Ward’s yesterday against Everton.

Shouldn’t be bothered really but it’s still football after all and it’s being ruined

Spurs and the VAR on 16:13 - Sep 27 with 1291 viewsChrisd

Spurs and the VAR on 16:09 - Sep 27 by Metal_Hacker

Shouldn’t be bothered really but it’s still football after all and it’s being ruined

Common sense has simply gone out the window.

Spurs and the VAR on 16:15 - Sep 27 with 1288 viewsBasuco

Definite penalty according to the rules of the game, deliberate use of the arm to block the ball, players have been getting away with using arms and hands to "make themselves wide" to block crosses for far too long, it is good to see the rules consistently applied on this type of offence.
Spurs and the VAR on 16:21 - Sep 27 with 1253 viewsChrisd

Spurs and the VAR on 16:15 - Sep 27 by Basuco

Definite penalty according to the rules of the game, deliberate use of the arm to block the ball, players have been getting away with using arms and hands to "make themselves wide" to block crosses for far too long, it is good to see the rules consistently applied on this type of offence.

When someone heads it against your arm, that constitutes deliberate handball? I’ve never seen anyone jump without using their arms and equally I’ve never seen a player have eyes in the back of their head to know where to move their arm to block the ball when they aren’t even facing it. Imagine the bleating on here if that was Chambers or Woolfenden against Sunderland in the 90th minute?! There would be a complete meltdown.

Spurs and the VAR on 16:22 - Sep 27 with 1244 viewshype313

Lol

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Spurs and the VAR on 16:33 - Sep 27 with 1194 viewsm14_blue

I presume you’re joking?
Spurs and the VAR on 16:36 - Sep 27 with 1179 viewsfactual_blue

Spurs and the VAR on 16:33 - Sep 27 by m14_blue

I presume you’re joking?

The rules about handball have become the joke.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs and the VAR on 16:36 - Sep 27 with 1178 viewsBasuco

Spurs and the VAR on 16:21 - Sep 27 by Chrisd

When someone heads it against your arm, that constitutes deliberate handball? I’ve never seen anyone jump without using their arms and equally I’ve never seen a player have eyes in the back of their head to know where to move their arm to block the ball when they aren’t even facing it. Imagine the bleating on here if that was Chambers or Woolfenden against Sunderland in the 90th minute?! There would be a complete meltdown.

The arm is in an un-natural position, when he did not win the ball with his head, he then raised his arm to block the ball. No windup intended, just blatant and clever use of the arm. In my opinion of course.
Spurs and the VAR on 16:38 - Sep 27 with 1167 viewsChrisd

Spurs and the VAR on 16:36 - Sep 27 by Basuco

The arm is in an un-natural position, when he did not win the ball with his head, he then raised his arm to block the ball. No windup intended, just blatant and clever use of the arm. In my opinion of course.

Wow, ok then

Spurs and the VAR on 16:38 - Sep 27 with 1165 viewsBasuco

Spurs and the VAR on 16:36 - Sep 27 by factual_blue

The rules about handball have become the joke.

But they are the rules and were correctly applied in this case.
Spurs and the VAR on 16:39 - Sep 27 with 1161 viewsMetal_Hacker

You’re on a wind up right 😂

Spurs and the VAR on 16:39 - Sep 27 with 1159 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Yeah, righto
Spurs and the VAR on 16:42 - Sep 27 with 1143 viewsfactual_blue

Spurs and the VAR on 16:38 - Sep 27 by Basuco

But they are the rules and were correctly applied in this case.

I quite agree. It's not you who are 'joking'. The football authorities have made a complete mess of this. Their mistake was allowing VAR in the first place.

Spurs and the VAR on 16:43 - Sep 27 with 1137 viewsBasuco

Spurs and the VAR on 16:38 - Sep 27 by Chrisd

Wow, ok then

In a similar way full backs for years have been holding their arms at 45 degrees from the body to block a cross, then claim ball to hand. The hand ball rule needed clarification and is now being consistently applied as far as I have seen. It is not relevant if we agree with it as a rule or not.
Spurs and the VAR on 16:43 - Sep 27 with 1136 viewsm14_blue

Bizarre.
Spurs and the VAR on 16:47 - Sep 27 with 1125 viewsMetal_Hacker

Spurs and the VAR on 16:43 - Sep 27 by Basuco

In a similar way full backs for years have been holding their arms at 45 degrees from the body to block a cross, then claim ball to hand. The hand ball rule needed clarification and is now being consistently applied as far as I have seen. It is not relevant if we agree with it as a rule or not.

Don’t think anyone is debating the rules. My OP states the games gone mad

The game is a shambles

Spurs and the VAR on 16:48 - Sep 27 with 1117 viewsBasuco

Spurs and the VAR on 16:39 - Sep 27 by Metal_Hacker

You’re on a wind up right 😂

The rule was tightened up as so many players were getting increasingly clever in using the hands and arms to block a cross or shot, to claim ball to hand all the time. Now they all know the rule, it is one of the very few clear cut rules in football. Sorry, just my thoughts on it.
Spurs and the VAR on 16:49 - Sep 27 with 1103 viewspositivity

Spurs and the VAR on 16:48 - Sep 27 by Basuco

The rule was tightened up as so many players were getting increasingly clever in using the hands and arms to block a cross or shot, to claim ball to hand all the time. Now they all know the rule, it is one of the very few clear cut rules in football. Sorry, just my thoughts on it.

i agree with basuco, as long as it's applied consistently it's good to bring some clarification.

attempting to prove intent was always very woolly and inconsistent

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Spurs and the VAR on 16:50 - Sep 27 with 1097 viewsMetal_Hacker

Spurs and the VAR on 16:48 - Sep 27 by Basuco

Read my original post. Didn’t discuss the rules , I said the game is a shambles and I’m glad we haven’t got it

Spurs and the VAR on 16:52 - Sep 27 with 1087 viewsMetal_Hacker

Spurs and the VAR on 16:49 - Sep 27 by positivity

i agree with basuco, as long as it's applied consistently it's good to bring some clarification.

That aside , Dier had his back to the ball ..this all makes sense and you can agree with every aspect ?

I understand why these rules were brought in but there has to be an element of common sense no ?

Dier couldn’t even see the ball 😂

Spurs and the VAR on 16:53 - Sep 27 with 1081 viewsm14_blue

Spurs and the VAR on 16:49 - Sep 27 by positivity

You seriously think this is better????

Games decided by a ball striking an arm in an arbitrary box? Goals are really hard to score, their rarity is part of what makes football so special. I can’t get my head around how anyone can think more penalties for innocuous reasons is a good thing.

It’s being completely ruined in my opinion.
Spurs and the VAR on 16:55 - Sep 27 with 1074 viewsfactual_blue

Spurs and the VAR on 16:53 - Sep 27 by m14_blue

You seriously think this is better????

Games decided by a ball striking an arm in an arbitrary box? Goals are really hard to score, their rarity is part of what makes football so special. I can’t get my head around how anyone can think more penalties for innocuous reasons is a good thing.

It’s being completely ruined in my opinion.

This is why I hate VAR by factual_blue 26 Sep 2020 17:52
Simpler solution - sign amputees as defenders.

If you don't have an arm, the ball can't hit it.

Spurs and the VAR on 16:56 - Sep 27 with 1066 viewspositivity

Spurs and the VAR on 16:52 - Sep 27 by Metal_Hacker

That aside , Dier had his back to the ball ..this all makes sense and you can agree with every aspect ?

I understand why these rules were brought in but there has to be an element of common sense no ?

Dier couldn’t even see the ball 😂

not seen the dier incident, but if spurs gained an advantage from the ball hitting dier's hand then the attacking team should get the advantage.

as long as it's applied consistently (which is my doubt) then i can't see a problem, players will soon adapt.

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Spurs and the VAR on 16:57 - Sep 27 with 1061 viewsMetal_Hacker

Spurs and the VAR on 16:56 - Sep 27 by positivity

not seen the dier incident, but if spurs gained an advantage from the ball hitting dier's hand then the attacking team should get the advantage.

as long as it's applied consistently (which is my doubt) then i can't see a problem, players will soon adapt.

Watch the Dier incident and if anyone can agree with this ...they need seeing to

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024