Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evra is so upset on Sky Sports 18:57 - Oct 4 with 5470 viewsHipsterectomy

He said he is going to cancel his contract with Sky and that he understands why fans would want to be violent towards their board members wtf

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:17 - Oct 5 with 1350 viewsGeoffSentence

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:04 - Oct 5 by 26_Paz

Not sure word for word but basically said making a meal of things to get people sent off is part of the Latin culture ...

To be fair to Souness he was often the victim of players hamming it up to get him punished.

Look at this fellow making a meal of this

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:35 - Oct 5 with 1323 viewspointofblue

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 01:44 - Oct 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

Such a silly thing to say, “Evra is hired as a rent a gob”.

He’s probably hired because he’s a very passionate man, speaks from the heart, he’s one of the best left backs the premier league has ever seen with a ridiculously stacked up honours cabinet.

He probably knows football better than us all on this board put together.

Apologies, maybe I phrased it wrong but he reacts as a fan rather than analysing play. Instead of breaking down WHY something happens (which I'm sure he knows) he gets emotional instead and lashes out. Chris Sutton is the same and Robbie Savage isn't far off.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 8:37]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:39 - Oct 5 with 1316 viewsHerbivore

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 01:44 - Oct 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

Such a silly thing to say, “Evra is hired as a rent a gob”.

He’s probably hired because he’s a very passionate man, speaks from the heart, he’s one of the best left backs the premier league has ever seen with a ridiculously stacked up honours cabinet.

He probably knows football better than us all on this board put together.

And yet he shows almost none of that footballing knowledge in his punditry. He is on there to be 'passionate' and say controversial things that will get attention. I guess that's what you like in a pundit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:40 - Oct 5 with 1316 viewsHerbivore

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 01:48 - Oct 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

“because pretty much all the channels and radio stations appear to want attention-seeking rent-a-gobs on punditry detail rather than people who actually know what they're talking about about“

I’m surprised Sky haven’t given you, Herbs or Bluefish a call up yet then, seems you’d fit the bill
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 1:49]

That's three irony meters done in two days.

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:48 - Oct 5 with 1304 viewsBrixtonBlue

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:39 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

And yet he shows almost none of that footballing knowledge in his punditry. He is on there to be 'passionate' and say controversial things that will get attention. I guess that's what you like in a pundit.

You watch him regularly then?
And you're all talking about him/Sky on here... as I suspect they are on messageboards up and down the country?

Sounds like he/Sky are doing a great job.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:50 - Oct 5 with 1301 viewsHerbivore

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:48 - Oct 5 by BrixtonBlue

You watch him regularly then?
And you're all talking about him/Sky on here... as I suspect they are on messageboards up and down the country?

Sounds like he/Sky are doing a great job.

You've never been one for caring about quality and decency where your employment is involved.

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:52 - Oct 5 with 1299 viewsBrixtonBlue

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:50 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

You've never been one for caring about quality and decency where your employment is involved.

What on earth is that supposed to mean? What do you know of where I've been employed?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 09:20 - Oct 5 with 1279 viewsHerbivore

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:52 - Oct 5 by BrixtonBlue

What on earth is that supposed to mean? What do you know of where I've been employed?

You work for Sky, right? Then there's Haribo-gate of course......

Login to get fewer ads

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 09:31 - Oct 5 with 1275 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 01:48 - Oct 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

“because pretty much all the channels and radio stations appear to want attention-seeking rent-a-gobs on punditry detail rather than people who actually know what they're talking about about“

I’m surprised Sky haven’t given you, Herbs or Bluefish a call up yet then, seems you’d fit the bill
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 1:49]

Well said. Best comment lve seen on here in ages.
Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 09:51 - Oct 5 with 1248 viewsBrixtonBlue

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 09:20 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

You work for Sky, right? Then there's Haribo-gate of course......

What on earth is Haribo-gate? They are a respectable company. Do you think it's not 'decent' to produce confectionary?! What an antiquated view if that's the case.

All I did was work on their advertising - which contrary to popular belief doesn't target kids, it's actually aimed at parents.

Also, what's wrong with Sky? Sky are actually a very reputable employer and look after their staff excellently - not just in pay and benefits, but also things like the health and wellbeing of their staff. I'm currently on a free 8 week mindfulness course supplied by the company - how many other employers do that?

Which organisation do you work for that's so perfect?

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:07 - Oct 5 with 1219 viewsHerbivore

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 09:51 - Oct 5 by BrixtonBlue

What on earth is Haribo-gate? They are a respectable company. Do you think it's not 'decent' to produce confectionary?! What an antiquated view if that's the case.

All I did was work on their advertising - which contrary to popular belief doesn't target kids, it's actually aimed at parents.

Also, what's wrong with Sky? Sky are actually a very reputable employer and look after their staff excellently - not just in pay and benefits, but also things like the health and wellbeing of their staff. I'm currently on a free 8 week mindfulness course supplied by the company - how many other employers do that?

Which organisation do you work for that's so perfect?

Point proven.

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:17 - Oct 5 with 1207 views26_Paz

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:07 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

Point proven.

What point do you think you’ve proven here? He works for perfectly reputable companies ... you’ve slagged him like he’s on the payroll of Al Capone ...

The Paz Man

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:18 - Oct 5 with 1206 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:02 - Oct 5 by vapour_trail

I saw the apology, have no idea what they were apologising for though. What did he say?

In reference to Lamela brutal attack and collapse, he was just stating that Lamela will feel as though he’s done well there, done a job for his team, because that it was the culture is like in Latin America.

I have to say, didn’t think it was bad from Souness.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:19 - Oct 5 with 1203 views26_Paz

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:18 - Oct 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

In reference to Lamela brutal attack and collapse, he was just stating that Lamela will feel as though he’s done well there, done a job for his team, because that it was the culture is like in Latin America.

Yeah, nothing wrong with it

The Paz Man

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:30 - Oct 5 with 1187 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:19 - Oct 5 by 26_Paz

Yeah, nothing wrong with it

It’s madness, it really is. It happens so much in the Spanish League. All Souness was saying was done we want that to be a reflection of the British game, our game, absolutely not’, but when the Latin America players bring a different culture, that’s not insulting anyone I don’t think, it’s just true.

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:33 - Oct 5 with 1185 viewseastangliaisblue

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:30 - Oct 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

It’s madness, it really is. It happens so much in the Spanish League. All Souness was saying was done we want that to be a reflection of the British game, our game, absolutely not’, but when the Latin America players bring a different culture, that’s not insulting anyone I don’t think, it’s just true.

It's actually acceptable in their footballing culture to cheat to win. Maradona's "Hand of God" is a classic example of this.
Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:36 - Oct 5 with 1175 viewsBrixtonBlue

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:07 - Oct 5 by Herbivore

Point proven.

What is it you think you've proven here?

You're embarrassing yourself again Herbs (whilst also posting personal abuse which is against the T's & C's of this website). Don't get pwned by me two days in a row, I'm not sure you'll recover.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 10:38]

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:43 - Oct 5 with 1169 viewsDyland

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:18 - Oct 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

The issue as ever is overanalysing it, and it becoming an issue when it isn't.

Souness could have worded it better. But this is Souness. Obviously he meant Latin football culture rather than Latin culture per se, and obviously 99% of viewers knew what he meant because they are watching a football programme. But stuff like this gets taken out of context and pored over and over. So quite sensible for Sky to make a quick apology. Neither Souness' comment nor the apology needs analysing.

Everyone just moves on to something far more interesting...

... like Maradona's dirty cheating.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lol, when footballers were proper blokes innit (n/t) on 10:44 - Oct 5 with 1165 viewsDyland

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 08:17 - Oct 5 by GeoffSentence

To be fair to Souness he was often the victim of players hamming it up to get him punished.

Look at this fellow making a meal of this

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 12:07 - Oct 5 with 1129 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Evra is so upset on Sky Sports on 10:43 - Oct 5 by Dyland

The issue as ever is overanalysing it, and it becoming an issue when it isn't.

Souness could have worded it better. But this is Souness. Obviously he meant Latin football culture rather than Latin culture per se, and obviously 99% of viewers knew what he meant because they are watching a football programme. But stuff like this gets taken out of context and pored over and over. So quite sensible for Sky to make a quick apology. Neither Souness' comment nor the apology needs analysing.

Everyone just moves on to something far more interesting...

... like Maradona's dirty cheating.

No it’s very much a nothing of nothing granted. From a personal point of view I think I just agreed with what Souness said so wouldn’t have apologised, but I don’t understand Sky need cover their own backsides.

Latin football culture is rife with that sort of “dark arts”, someone like Suarez is prime example.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024