Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My view on Gwion Edwards 13:43 - Oct 11 with 10049 viewsBluefish

By Bluefish aged 40 1/2

This will no doubt trigger the usual rent free crowd so perhaps don't read on if you are already getting in a rage by just the title.

I've spoken lots of Gwion and how I see him, some people are trying to say yesterday eradicates over 2 seasons of failure for him but that is just a bit silly. Last week (and most games before) he looked like a competition winner, I have seen dogs chasing crisp packets in the wind showing more composure and reading of the situation but this week he was effective and decisive.

Let me be clear, he is not a footballer, he has the least talent in the squad but that doesn't have to make him our worst player. There is a difference between good and effective, some of the most talented players drop down the leagues because they can't find a way to use it, JET is full of ability. I have compared Gwion on many occasions to Theo Walcott and this still applies, neither of them have a 1st touch and both of them are often complete spectators off the ball but...Theo played for a team that used to be a top Premier league side and scored a hattrick for England. On his day he was devastating but he has also struggled in many ways to fit into teams. Arsenal saw how he could beat teams and made him one of their stars but he wasn't consistent enough to justify it. Everton thought they had a coup getting him but again he wasn't the player to carry a team consistently.

Back to Gwion when used well he will be effective, a big part of this will be Hawkins and Bishop and their ability to move the game up the pitch. It is clear to everyone he is better on the left, it makes him move inwards to get on his right peg and brings him more involved. Having him hogging the right touchline was a big reason for the big space we had between the lines and when he got it he wasn't comfortable coming inside to his left so it just when straight and too wide.

He is not a footballer for me but he has pace and sadly pace often trumps talent as sometimes does size. If we can use his limited ability to effect he could be a great asset for us.

We had a player previously for Ipswich that wasn't blessed with a lot of talent, he spent the start of his time here running fast in a straight line and often running off the pitch but I loved him because we found a way to use him. The player was guy uhlenbeek.

I would also prefer a dobra or a lankester but I also loved bowditch and Garvan and now I have a real soft spot for Nydam. They are naturals but if we can use Gwion well enough hopefully he can be a big player for us. If we can't he will be a hindrance. Time will tell and it will be on Lambert to make it work

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:11 - Oct 12 with 443 viewsButterbing

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:10 - Oct 12 by Bluefish

Again you have missed the point.

At mo point have I said that TN is more effective than GE and is therefore a better player. I have said TN is a natural player and I have described what I mean by that. I have also talked about natural players that don't make it in the game.

I have described GE as an athlete over a footballer without the natural abilities of others but I have said he could be effective and therefore do well in the game.

No idea what it is that you are arguing against.

You've lost the plot mate. You've entirely missed the point of your own thread.
My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:12 - Oct 12 with 434 viewsBluefish

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:08 - Oct 12 by SamWhiteUK

We reply, Bluefish, because it's clear for everyone to see that you need us, as you clearly don't have anything better to do. "Rent free" would imply that we go away thinking about your posts and how angry we are. I can assure you that's not the case! To quote you, "have another try and see if you can come up with something else" :)

Thanks for doing it, it is appreciated.

This has been a solid 8/10 FishFace..... on 10:15 - Oct 12 with 423 viewsBloots

.....good effort.

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:17 - Oct 12 with 418 viewsSamWhiteUK

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:12 - Oct 12 by Bluefish

Thanks for doing it, it is appreciated.

No problem :) glad you're having fun xoxo
This has been a solid 8/10 FishFace..... on 10:17 - Oct 12 with 422 viewsBluefish

This has been a solid 8/10 FishFace..... on 10:15 - Oct 12 by Bloots

.....good effort.

Lambert out.

I can see it running to the end of the season while they all keep telling me they aren't on strings. It is beautiful stuff, dozens of them desperately telling me I'm wrong but unable to say why

Rent free innit

This has been a solid 8/10 FishFace..... on 10:20 - Oct 12 with 401 viewsBlueastheycome

This has been a solid 8/10 FishFace..... on 10:17 - Oct 12 by Bluefish

I can see it running to the end of the season while they all keep telling me they aren't on strings. It is beautiful stuff, dozens of them desperately telling me I'm wrong but unable to say why

Rent free innit

God I love you
My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:28 - Oct 12 with 382 viewsBiGDonnie

STFU

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

My view on Gwion Edwards on 11:30 - Oct 12 with 330 viewsleitrimblue

My view on Gwion Edwards on 08:47 - Oct 12 by giant_stow

Love this thread! Just to defend bluefish a little, I don't think its impossible that many lower league players have good touch, just to be let down by other traits. My logic is that I went to the same school as Chris Bart-Williams and remember being vaguely surprised that he was the guy that made it. There were many more skillfull players in the playground - I guess he just applied himself better or was perhaps more suited to the pro game physically.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 8:52]

Yer, I have to admit I can also see where he is coming from. Sure many of us would have seen or played with non league players that may have outstanding technique
but would be let down by other traits such as lack of pace or strength or may possibly have other issues outside of football. Without seeing bluefish flying down the wing in his prime it's almost impossible to know wether he as better technique then Edwards surely? Though I refuse to believe he's half as good at crazy golf as he suggests on another thread
Login to get fewer ads

My view on Gwion Edwards on 11:35 - Oct 12 with 317 viewsgiant_stow

My view on Gwion Edwards on 11:30 - Oct 12 by leitrimblue

Yer, I have to admit I can also see where he is coming from. Sure many of us would have seen or played with non league players that may have outstanding technique
but would be let down by other traits such as lack of pace or strength or may possibly have other issues outside of football. Without seeing bluefish flying down the wing in his prime it's almost impossible to know wether he as better technique then Edwards surely? Though I refuse to believe he's half as good at crazy golf as he suggests on another thread

Yes the funny bit of Bluefish talking about his own prowess and so forcefully!

He's so sure of this I almost believe him!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024