Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My view on Gwion Edwards 13:43 - Oct 11 with 10046 viewsBluefish

By Bluefish aged 40 1/2

This will no doubt trigger the usual rent free crowd so perhaps don't read on if you are already getting in a rage by just the title.

I've spoken lots of Gwion and how I see him, some people are trying to say yesterday eradicates over 2 seasons of failure for him but that is just a bit silly. Last week (and most games before) he looked like a competition winner, I have seen dogs chasing crisp packets in the wind showing more composure and reading of the situation but this week he was effective and decisive.

Let me be clear, he is not a footballer, he has the least talent in the squad but that doesn't have to make him our worst player. There is a difference between good and effective, some of the most talented players drop down the leagues because they can't find a way to use it, JET is full of ability. I have compared Gwion on many occasions to Theo Walcott and this still applies, neither of them have a 1st touch and both of them are often complete spectators off the ball but...Theo played for a team that used to be a top Premier league side and scored a hattrick for England. On his day he was devastating but he has also struggled in many ways to fit into teams. Arsenal saw how he could beat teams and made him one of their stars but he wasn't consistent enough to justify it. Everton thought they had a coup getting him but again he wasn't the player to carry a team consistently.

Back to Gwion when used well he will be effective, a big part of this will be Hawkins and Bishop and their ability to move the game up the pitch. It is clear to everyone he is better on the left, it makes him move inwards to get on his right peg and brings him more involved. Having him hogging the right touchline was a big reason for the big space we had between the lines and when he got it he wasn't comfortable coming inside to his left so it just when straight and too wide.

He is not a footballer for me but he has pace and sadly pace often trumps talent as sometimes does size. If we can use his limited ability to effect he could be a great asset for us.

We had a player previously for Ipswich that wasn't blessed with a lot of talent, he spent the start of his time here running fast in a straight line and often running off the pitch but I loved him because we found a way to use him. The player was guy uhlenbeek.

I would also prefer a dobra or a lankester but I also loved bowditch and Garvan and now I have a real soft spot for Nydam. They are naturals but if we can use Gwion well enough hopefully he can be a big player for us. If we can't he will be a hindrance. Time will tell and it will be on Lambert to make it work

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My view on Gwion Edwards on 17:51 - Oct 11 with 1088 viewspistonbroke

Nydam lol
My view on Gwion Edwards on 17:59 - Oct 11 with 1075 viewsflimflam

My view on Gwion Edwards on 17:13 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

Most definitely

Set up a competition to control balls dropped from height within a zone. Score a point if it stays in the small zone. Set up to hit targets from various distances and another to finish headers. In my day I would beat him comfortably and same with Gwion.

I surprised so many struggle to see this, thousands of non league players have a better touch and more precision than those 2. It doesn't make them more effective players, I played with a fella released by Cambridge United that kicked around non league. His touch and talent was better than most in championship level but they were obviously better players than him because he was lazy and slow

My sides are hurting. Please stop.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

My view on Gwion Edwards on 18:22 - Oct 11 with 1039 viewsBlueastheycome

This thread has descended into thread of the year contender very rapidly.

In years to come.. ‘Remember that time Blubfish genuinely said he’s better at football than professional footballers’
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 18:23]
My view on Gwion Edwards on 18:29 - Oct 11 with 1024 viewsFixed_It

My view on Gwion Edwards on 18:22 - Oct 11 by Blueastheycome

In years to come.. ‘Remember that time Blubfish genuinely said he’s better at football than professional footballers’

If only he was fast, eh.
Still - he wouldn't be the same Blubfish if he wasn't a bit slow...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

My view on Gwion Edwards on 18:36 - Oct 11 with 1019 viewsBryanPlug

My view on Gwion Edwards on 17:29 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

Ah now see this sums it up. You haven't seen me play but you have decide that is true so it shows your judgement is not fair. I have seen me and him play and therefore my judgement is the only true one.

You used the word effective, it is the same way I am describing him. He can be effective but he can't be good

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

My view on Gwion Edwards (n/t) on 18:44 - Oct 11 with 1010 viewsBluefish

My view on Gwion Edwards on 18:36 - Oct 11 by BryanPlug

This post has been edited by an administrator

My view on Gwion Edwards on 18:47 - Oct 11 with 1003 viewsBryanPlug

My view on Gwion Edwards (n/t) on 18:44 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

My view on Gwion Edwards on 18:54 - Oct 11 with 982 viewsButterbing

My view on Gwion Edwards on 18:47 - Oct 11 by BryanPlug

He’s funnier than Peter Kay anyway. Not intentionally though.
Login to get fewer ads

My view on Gwion Edwards on 21:54 - Oct 11 with 896 viewsMetal_Hacker

I can’t believe that day in and day out this guy craves attention and he’s given it

Talks absolute tosh ...majority of the time

Poll: If it were one or the other

My view on Gwion Edwards on 21:55 - Oct 11 with 891 viewsBluefish

My view on Gwion Edwards on 21:54 - Oct 11 by Metal_Hacker

I can’t believe that day in and day out this guy craves attention and he’s given it

Talks absolute tosh ...majority of the time

But never been wrong sweetie x

My view on Gwion Edwards on 21:58 - Oct 11 with 884 viewsMetal_Hacker

My view on Gwion Edwards on 21:55 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

But never been wrong sweetie x

I rest my case ...and ever so slightly bored

Poll: If it were one or the other

My view on Gwion Edwards on 07:32 - Oct 12 with 811 viewsSwailsey

This is getting weird now. There are many, more expensive hills to die on.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

My view on Gwion Edwards on 07:39 - Oct 12 with 803 viewsSwailsey

My view on Gwion Edwards on 17:13 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

Most definitely

Set up a competition to control balls dropped from height within a zone. Score a point if it stays in the small zone. Set up to hit targets from various distances and another to finish headers. In my day I would beat him comfortably and same with Gwion.

I surprised so many struggle to see this, thousands of non league players have a better touch and more precision than those 2. It doesn't make them more effective players, I played with a fella released by Cambridge United that kicked around non league. His touch and talent was better than most in championship level but they were obviously better players than him because he was lazy and slow

This is hall of fame stuff.

Whilst we’re doing this then, did I ever tell you guys that I’m technically taller than the Willis building in town? Put me side by side with it, I am.

I’m surprised so many struggle to see me.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 7:42]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

My view on Gwion Edwards on 08:47 - Oct 12 with 745 viewsgiant_stow

Love this thread! Just to defend bluefish a little, I don't think its impossible that many lower league players have good touch, just to be let down by other traits. My logic is that I went to the same school as Chris Bart-Williams and remember being vaguely surprised that he was the guy that made it. There were many more skillfull players in the playground - I guess he just applied himself better or was perhaps more suited to the pro game physically.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 8:52]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

My view on Gwion Edwards on 09:02 - Oct 12 with 729 viewshype313

The player you loved was called Gus, not Guy.

Everything else is a load of guff.

x

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

My view on Gwion Edwards on 09:17 - Oct 12 with 710 viewsJuggsy

Wow, logged on specially to downvote the OP.

Someone has to be really stupid to make me log on.
My view on Gwion Edwards on 09:29 - Oct 12 with 684 viewsOldsmoker

My view on Gwion Edwards on 18:22 - Oct 11 by Blueastheycome

Just a post to be part of the "Thread of the year".
I was there.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

My view on Gwion Edwards on 09:39 - Oct 12 with 671 viewsSamWhiteUK

"Rent free crowd"

I love the way you think you matter so much to people on here. Much like the rest of your post, utterly utterly deluded.

I think you should take some time away from the board - as Joe says, you've dug yourself a hole now. Perhaps you should lay low until people forget about this little episode!
My view on Gwion Edwards on 09:41 - Oct 12 with 664 viewsKieran_Knows

You claim to be 40 1/2 and then come out with that drivel? Are you sure?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

My view on Gwion Edwards on 09:49 - Oct 12 with 644 viewsSuperblue95

My view on Gwion Edwards on 09:29 - Oct 12 by Oldsmoker

Just a post to be part of the "Thread of the year".
I was there.

Ditto.

Amazes me that after all these years of trolling people still bite religiously at everything he posts. He’s even got fish in his username ffs.

Gotta give Blubbers his kudos for winding people up so effectively for so long though, even if it is an incredibly strange hobby.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

My view on Gwion Edwards on 09:50 - Oct 12 with 639 viewsSwailsey

Actually, this thread is fully mental the more you think about it.

How can you possibly wax lyrical about Nydam (with all due respect to him), who has barely played?

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:03 - Oct 12 with 605 viewsBluefish

My view on Gwion Edwards on 09:50 - Oct 12 by Swailsey

Actually, this thread is fully mental the more you think about it.

How can you possibly wax lyrical about Nydam (with all due respect to him), who has barely played?

It takes about 2 minutes to see if a player has natural footballing ability, soft touch, reading the game etc. It takes longer to seenif they are effective.

Didn't think I'd need to spell that out for anyone

Have another try and see if you can come up with something else. No one else has yet but a few are trying, others are claiming not to be in the rent free crowd but replying anyway. I wonder if they just fall down when I am not holding their strings?

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:06 - Oct 12 with 597 viewsSwailsey

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:03 - Oct 12 by Bluefish

It takes about 2 minutes to see if a player has natural footballing ability, soft touch, reading the game etc. It takes longer to seenif they are effective.

Have another try and see if you can come up with something else. No one else has yet but a few are trying, others are claiming not to be in the rent free crowd but replying anyway. I wonder if they just fall down when I am not holding their strings?

Dude what are you talking about?

GE is not a world-beater, but he is clearly effective and has played at a higher or similar level to the players you claim to like.

To suggest otherwise is madness and frankly, you have to be on a wind-up.

What is your end goal here? To get GE out of the club? He's fine. He's hit and miss, but we're in division 3. If he was any better we wouldn't have him.

I agree with your PL stance, but this is just weird.

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:08 - Oct 12 with 591 viewsSamWhiteUK

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:03 - Oct 12 by Bluefish

We reply, Bluefish, because it's clear for everyone to see that you need us, as you clearly don't have anything better to do. "Rent free" would imply that we go away thinking about your posts and how angry we are. I can assure you that's not the case! To quote you, "have another try and see if you can come up with something else" :)
My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:10 - Oct 12 with 587 viewsBluefish

My view on Gwion Edwards on 10:06 - Oct 12 by Swailsey

Dude what are you talking about?

GE is not a world-beater, but he is clearly effective and has played at a higher or similar level to the players you claim to like.

To suggest otherwise is madness and frankly, you have to be on a wind-up.

What is your end goal here? To get GE out of the club? He's fine. He's hit and miss, but we're in division 3. If he was any better we wouldn't have him.

I agree with your PL stance, but this is just weird.

Again you have missed the point.

At mo point have I said that TN is more effective than GE and is therefore a better player. I have said TN is a natural player and I have described what I mean by that. I have also talked about natural players that don't make it in the game.

I have described GE as an athlete over a footballer without the natural abilities of others but I have said he could be effective and therefore do well in the game.

No idea what it is that you are arguing against.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024