Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macron announces a proper curfew 19:41 - Oct 14 with 1364 viewsPinewoodblue

In Paris and eight other cities you must stay in your home from 9pm-6am. Break curfew €135 fine.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Macron announces a proper curfew on 19:52 - Oct 14 with 1323 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....because going for a walk after 9 is a selfish act! More fuel to the conspiracy fire of social control!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Macron announces a proper curfew on 19:54 - Oct 14 with 1312 viewsPinewoodblue

Macron announces a proper curfew on 19:52 - Oct 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

....because going for a walk after 9 is a selfish act! More fuel to the conspiracy fire of social control!

It’s OK the virus isn’t out of control , presumably they meant another 22,000 to test positive today.

Politicians are the same the world over.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Macron announces a proper curfew on 19:56 - Oct 14 with 1306 viewsSwansea_Blue

As long as it's legal and reverts after the pandemic passes, I wouldn't give two hoots. And neither should anyone else who cares about the wellbeing of other people. There are plenty of things to get wound up about in terms of creeping authoritarianism, but emergency pandemic controls aren't one of them. Imo of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Macron announces a proper curfew on 19:59 - Oct 14 with 1291 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Isn't he just trying to protect life?
Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:18 - Oct 14 with 1245 viewsSarge

I didn’t realise the virus is more dangerous at nighttime. I didn’t realise the virus has a watch.

(To borrow a well-used theme from tremendously boring people on Twitter)
Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:20 - Oct 14 with 1230 viewsNewcyBlue

Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:18 - Oct 14 by Sarge

I didn’t realise the virus is more dangerous at nighttime. I didn’t realise the virus has a watch.

Dude how’s it going?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:23 - Oct 14 with 1218 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Macron announces a proper curfew on 19:56 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

As long as it's legal and reverts after the pandemic passes, I wouldn't give two hoots. And neither should anyone else who cares about the wellbeing of other people. There are plenty of things to get wound up about in terms of creeping authoritarianism, but emergency pandemic controls aren't one of them. Imo of course.

It is one thing closing places and even telling you not to visit neighbours....but taking a walk along the Seine!

Edit....particularly when telling you to continue working and send your kids to skool!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 20:27]

Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:28 - Oct 14 with 1199 viewsSarge

Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:20 - Oct 14 by NewcyBlue

Dude how’s it going?

Hey Newcy, not too bad I think. Better than before for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:38 - Oct 14 with 1164 viewsjeera

Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:18 - Oct 14 by Sarge

I know you and I generally view this whole virus thing from opposing angles, but something I didn't understand was the introduction of the 10 0' Clock closing time for pubs.

Looking forwards to a long term approach I wonder if anything extended hours would tend to spread people out a bit.

It's been years now since 24 hour drinking was proposed and passed in an albeit limited form. I don't know if this is being used on the continent or not in a positive way, but we still seem to have the age-old mentality of getting to the pub at certain times, shoving as much as we can down our throats and then all leaving within a particular window. When we see the images of people in crowds on the street is it because the pubs are not properly limiting their numbers because they also need to cram in what takings they can in a shorter window?

I know of course it's not in every establishment's interest to be open outside of their regular hours but for the bigger towns where people work different hours/shifts, I would have thought maybe being able to spread out the custom would enable some places to stay open and avoid drastic measures.

Long term there needs to be a cultural shift and we will all need to make adjustments. It would be easier to live with if everyone made more effort, but we know people just won't play ball, which is a shame.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:56 - Oct 14 with 1122 viewsSarge

Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:38 - Oct 14 by jeera

I know you and I generally view this whole virus thing from opposing angles, but something I didn't understand was the introduction of the 10 0' Clock closing time for pubs.

Looking forwards to a long term approach I wonder if anything extended hours would tend to spread people out a bit.

It's been years now since 24 hour drinking was proposed and passed in an albeit limited form. I don't know if this is being used on the continent or not in a positive way, but we still seem to have the age-old mentality of getting to the pub at certain times, shoving as much as we can down our throats and then all leaving within a particular window. When we see the images of people in crowds on the street is it because the pubs are not properly limiting their numbers because they also need to cram in what takings they can in a shorter window?

I know of course it's not in every establishment's interest to be open outside of their regular hours but for the bigger towns where people work different hours/shifts, I would have thought maybe being able to spread out the custom would enable some places to stay open and avoid drastic measures.

Long term there needs to be a cultural shift and we will all need to make adjustments. It would be easier to live with if everyone made more effort, but we know people just won't play ball, which is a shame.

I think on one hand I can understand it but on the other it doesn’t make much sense at all. I think the argument against it is that rather than people leaving of their own accord throughout the night, everyone is now leaving en masse at 10pm and then maybe heading out to the same kebab shops or whatever so there are big herds of people out at the same time. Plus of course they can then just go to the shop and continue drinking at home.

The argument for I suppose is that most nights out for younger people don’t usually start until 10/11pm. Before then it’s pre-drinks at home and maybe faced with the prospect of your night out ending at 10pm, people might decide not to go out at all. I can’t verify that though with any anecdotal evidence, I’ve only been to the pub I think 3 times since they reopened and haven’t seen any of my friends since March. What is absolutely a problem based on my anecdotal evidence is that the very simple and reasonable measures required (table service, spacing) just weren’t being implemented or enforced.
Macron announces a proper curfew on 21:03 - Oct 14 with 1092 viewsjeera

Macron announces a proper curfew on 20:56 - Oct 14 by Sarge

I think on one hand I can understand it but on the other it doesn’t make much sense at all. I think the argument against it is that rather than people leaving of their own accord throughout the night, everyone is now leaving en masse at 10pm and then maybe heading out to the same kebab shops or whatever so there are big herds of people out at the same time. Plus of course they can then just go to the shop and continue drinking at home.

The argument for I suppose is that most nights out for younger people don’t usually start until 10/11pm. Before then it’s pre-drinks at home and maybe faced with the prospect of your night out ending at 10pm, people might decide not to go out at all. I can’t verify that though with any anecdotal evidence, I’ve only been to the pub I think 3 times since they reopened and haven’t seen any of my friends since March. What is absolutely a problem based on my anecdotal evidence is that the very simple and reasonable measures required (table service, spacing) just weren’t being implemented or enforced.

Like you, I have been to my local on only 3 occasions since reopening.

The first time everything was run extraordinarily well and it was a really good experience.

By the 3rd visit the novelty had clearly worn off and I've not been back since.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Macron announces a proper curfew on 21:03 - Oct 14 with 1093 viewsallezlesbleus

But he has also said that it is fine for everyone to go on their usual half-time breaks at the end of this month. So, theoretically, the French government are saying that it is fine for all the big city dwellers (Paris, Marseille, Lyon etc) to go and spread the virus round the rest of the country.
Macron announces a proper curfew on 21:47 - Oct 14 with 1027 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Macron announces a proper curfew on 21:03 - Oct 14 by allezlesbleus

But he has also said that it is fine for everyone to go on their usual half-time breaks at the end of this month. So, theoretically, the French government are saying that it is fine for all the big city dwellers (Paris, Marseille, Lyon etc) to go and spread the virus round the rest of the country.

Le genius!

Edit....luckily the poor will be confined to their tenements!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 21:48]

Macron announces a proper curfew on 21:58 - Oct 14 with 998 viewsFtnfwest

Presumably Parisians are up in arms and demanding he provides evidence that this will work?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 21:58]
Macron announces a proper curfew on 22:01 - Oct 14 with 991 viewsStokieBlue

Macron announces a proper curfew on 21:03 - Oct 14 by allezlesbleus

Didn't he also say you had to wear a mask at all times when seeing anyone, including family, if you haven't had a negative test.

Does seem slightly strange to have a curfew at night but let people go wherever they want in the day.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Macron announces a proper curfew on 22:06 - Oct 14 with 975 viewsSarge

Macron announces a proper curfew on 21:03 - Oct 14 by jeera

Like you, I have been to my local on only 3 occasions since reopening.

The first time everything was run extraordinarily well and it was a really good experience.

By the 3rd visit the novelty had clearly worn off and I've not been back since.

Yep, first time they had hand sanitiser and a specific table, second time all that plus track and trace details and the third time was just sanitiser!

The staff were wearing shields but I don’t think that’s the main driver in a pub!

In fairness it was relatively empty on all visits.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024