Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 11:25 - Oct 19 with 6992 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Any word on the results of his COVID test?
Jackson on 09:38 - Oct 20 with 1744 viewsHerbivore

Jackson on 09:11 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Which bit isn't true?

You've been taking patronising lessons from Stokie it seems!

To confirm.... now read this slowly....

* He cannot finish
* He cannot hold the ball up and bring others into play
* He makes unintelligent runs and often far too early
* He cannot head the ball

But he is a fast runner, I will give you that one!

I don't rate him, its quite simple. In saying that, he is an Ipswich player and I'd like nothing more than for him to come back into the team in a few weeks and bang the goals in. Make me look proper stupid! Ha.

You're doing a pretty good job of that without Kayden Jackson's help.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson on 09:40 - Oct 20 with 1740 viewsHerbivore

Jackson on 09:32 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

I think you need to look up the definition of "patronising", Just for the record it doesn't mean "when someone disagrees with you and provides evidence".

There is evidence against all those points, especially the first two. You ignore the stats to make some weird point against him personally.

SB

Precisely. He can't finish and yet he was our joint top scorer last season and his conversion rate was decent. He makes unintelligent runs and yet he got himself into positions that enabled him to set up 7 goals for his teammates and to create plenty of other chances too. I'm not sure what he'd need to do to change Wally's mind, he could bang in 25 goals this season and set up another 15 and he'd probably say that all he does is run quick.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 9:42]

Jackson on 09:42 - Oct 20 with 1735 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson on 09:40 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Precisely. He can't finish and yet he was our joint top scorer last season and his conversion rate was decent. He makes unintelligent runs and yet he got himself into positions that enabled him to set up 7 goals for his teammates and to create plenty of other chances too. I'm not sure what he'd need to do to change Wally's mind, he could bang in 25 goals this season and set up another 15 and he'd probably say that all he does is run quick.

It really is bizarre stuff.

It seems to be an opinion based on selective evidence from before 2019.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jackson on 10:40 - Oct 20 with 1705 viewsPJH

Jackson on 09:11 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Which bit isn't true?

You've been taking patronising lessons from Stokie it seems!

To confirm.... now read this slowly....

* He cannot finish

I don't rate him, its quite simple. In saying that, he is an Ipswich player and I'd like nothing more than for him to come back into the team in a few weeks and bang the goals in. Make me look proper stupid! Ha.

Also missing from your little list is:-

He is clearly our best attacking player based on the evidence from last season.
Jackson on 10:50 - Oct 20 with 1701 viewsWallingford_Boy

If he did that, I might just eat my words.

But probably not..

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson on 11:00 - Oct 20 with 1689 viewsHerbivore

Jackson on 10:50 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

But probably not..

Point proven.

Jackson on 11:04 - Oct 20 with 1676 viewspointofblue

Jackson on 10:40 - Oct 20 by PJH

Also missing from your little list is:-

He is clearly our best attacking player based on the evidence from last season.

I’d argue he’s our best attacking player but Hawkins makes the most out of the shape we currently play. I’m not sure if Jackson could play through the middle and I don’t think think we should move Edwards from the left (Lambert).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jackson on 11:09 - Oct 20 with 1669 viewsHerbivore

Jackson on 11:04 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

I’d argue he’s our best attacking player but Hawkins makes the most out of the shape we currently play. I’m not sure if Jackson could play through the middle and I don’t think think we should move Edwards from the left (Lambert).

I think if we play as we did second half on Saturday then Jackson would be fine as the central striker. He's no less suited to that role than Sears but we looked a lot better once we moved Sears central and stopped playing Judge as a striker. I think so long as direct balls are in the channels rather than lumped down the middle and so long as we mainly keep it on the floor, Jackson could play that role effectively. I think especially when the game is stretched he could be effective there. Hawkins does give us a good outlet and is decent at bringing others into play but he doesn't offer much of a threat himself. They'd play the role very differently and bring different strengths.

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson on 11:11 - Oct 20 with 1667 viewsmrfixit426

Jackson on 10:50 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

But probably not..

You'll find a lot of people on here have their football opinions (probably subconsciously) shaped by the obsessively stats led Sky Sports News and other 'popular' press. Discussing the nuances of football is just not on their agenda. Honestly, don't waste your time engaging as it becomes very frustrating very quickly.
Jackson on 11:13 - Oct 20 with 1663 viewsHerbivore

Jackson on 11:11 - Oct 20 by mrfixit426

You'll find a lot of people on here have their football opinions (probably subconsciously) shaped by the obsessively stats led Sky Sports News and other 'popular' press. Discussing the nuances of football is just not on their agenda. Honestly, don't waste your time engaging as it becomes very frustrating very quickly.

Jackson on 11:25 - Oct 20 with 1644 viewsStokieBlue

Hello Wallingford.

SB
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 11:25]

Jackson on 11:27 - Oct 20 with 1639 viewspointofblue

Jackson on 11:09 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

I think if we play as we did second half on Saturday then Jackson would be fine as the central striker. He's no less suited to that role than Sears but we looked a lot better once we moved Sears central and stopped playing Judge as a striker. I think so long as direct balls are in the channels rather than lumped down the middle and so long as we mainly keep it on the floor, Jackson could play that role effectively. I think especially when the game is stretched he could be effective there. Hawkins does give us a good outlet and is decent at bringing others into play but he doesn't offer much of a threat himself. They'd play the role very differently and bring different strengths.

I have no idea why we tried playing Judge as a false nine on Saturday - I’m not sure what he was trying to achieve. I certainly think Jackson’s pace would scare tiring defences in that central position. Is his link up play as good as Sears or Hawkins’ I’m not so sure but he’d certainly carry a threat.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jackson on 11:29 - Oct 20 with 1637 viewsmrfixit426

Jackson on 11:25 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Hello Wallingford.

SB

I'm sorry, I have no idea what that means.
Jackson on 11:31 - Oct 20 with 1635 viewsWallingford_Boy

Its fine, I totally get that on paper, Jacko looks like the main man.

I just found it interesting watching him, he just doesn't have a "footballing brain" and its very frustrating.

I also get that this is not real, its a forum and Stokie and the rest would be quite different in real life and we'd have a good old chat over a pint and all act a little more grown up!

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson on 11:33 - Oct 20 with 1627 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jackson on 11:25 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Hello Wallingford.

SB

HaHa, afraid not.

I'm a massive weirdo, but creating a new poster jsut to make a point, is not my bag!

Anyway, can we move on? I am not a fan of Jacko, you are.... end of.

WB.

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson on 11:34 - Oct 20 with 1626 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson on 11:33 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

HaHa, afraid not.

I'm a massive weirdo, but creating a new poster jsut to make a point, is not my bag!

Anyway, can we move on? I am not a fan of Jacko, you are.... end of.

WB.

Sure.

Enjoy your day.

SB

Jackson on 11:39 - Oct 20 with 1615 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jackson on 11:29 - Oct 20 by mrfixit426

I'm sorry, I have no idea what that means.

Are you me?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson on 11:43 - Oct 20 with 1606 viewsmrfixit426

Jackson on 11:39 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Are you me?!

I don't think so. Did you used to go to Portman Road just to watch David Lowe's movement because you wanted to be a better forward? If you did then I could be you, or you could be me.
Jackson on 11:43 - Oct 20 with 1606 viewsSouperJim

He certainly improved last season and carried far more of a threat and an end product. He's still a player I find frustrating to watch though, as he sometimes makes poor choices and dead end runs when there is a better alternative which seems obvious.

Hopefully he'll continue to improve as he's come a long way from the headless chicken we saw in the Championship. I do think it's fair comment to say Hawkins fits the way we play far better however, I think the jury is firmly out on whether Jackson has the aerial ability and hold up play to do a similar job. Very different type of striker for me.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Jackson on 11:47 - Oct 20 with 1600 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jackson on 11:43 - Oct 20 by SouperJim

He certainly improved last season and carried far more of a threat and an end product. He's still a player I find frustrating to watch though, as he sometimes makes poor choices and dead end runs when there is a better alternative which seems obvious.

Hopefully he'll continue to improve as he's come a long way from the headless chicken we saw in the Championship. I do think it's fair comment to say Hawkins fits the way we play far better however, I think the jury is firmly out on whether Jackson has the aerial ability and hold up play to do a similar job. Very different type of striker for me.

Yep, thats the crucial bit. Hawkins fits the current formation much better than Jacko.

But yeah, you put it a little better than I did.

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson on 11:56 - Oct 20 with 1587 viewsSouperJim

Jackson on 11:47 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Yep, thats the crucial bit. Hawkins fits the current formation much better than Jacko.

I could see what you were getting at, unfortunately it's all too easy for these kind of discussions to degenerate into polar opposites and mud slinging.

Jackson on 12:28 - Oct 20 with 1569 viewsHerbivore

Jackson on 11:47 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Yeah there's a big difference between his view and this:

"To confirm.... now read this slowly....

* He cannot finish

I don't rate him, its quite simple"

Jackson on 12:42 - Oct 20 with 1550 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jackson on 12:28 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

* He cannot finish

Herbie is still going then!

Move on love.

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson on 12:47 - Oct 20 with 1544 viewsSouperJim

Jackson on 12:28 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

* He cannot finish

I like Jackson and think he's improved massively, but with the exception of cannot finish, I think there's an argument for all of that. Maybe just not worded quite so strongly.

Jackson on 12:47 - Oct 20 with 1543 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jackson on 11:43 - Oct 20 by mrfixit426

I don't think so. Did you used to go to Portman Road just to watch David Lowe's movement because you wanted to be a better forward? If you did then I could be you, or you could be me.

I loved David Lowe!

Interesting fact about him, he wrote the theme tune for Countryfile.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024