Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? 19:44 - Oct 24 with 3687 viewsSwailsey

Genuinely?

Can’t something be done, if it clearly won’t be actioned by ME?

Today and PL’s actions at the end the game and his comments afterwards made me remember why I dislike the man, his manner and what he has done to our club so, so much.

A few wins wouldn’t win me round. Even playoffs wouldn’t, or going up through them.

He has to reach such exceptionally high standards for me because he’s continuously set the bar so low. Where’s all of his PR nonsense now?

A game where Lincoln missed a sitter, hit the bar, we had one cleared off the line, gave away a stupid penalty, had a midfielder sent off for a childish pathetic tackle, then the manager sent off, then the manager justifying the childish pathetic tackle, then the manager having the hypocrisy of calling the referee arrogant and then...

All equals a good day aside from the result?

I have zero respect and confidence in you PL. I dislike you more than any other manager we have had and I mean that. Get out of my club.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 20:17]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 09:08 - Oct 25 with 681 viewspointofblue

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 07:36 - Oct 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

In isolation that performance at Lincoln wasn’t horrendous. Listen, it was pretty powder puff, uninspiring and very passive, but I have seen worse.

We are an average side nevertheless, we looked like a little side looking to get a goalless draw from Lincoln from the outset.

Depressing, but the reality of where we are at as a club now.

I think the Doncaster match made us pretty defensive. Our key aim yesterday was keep a clean sheet which possibly wasn’t the case up to now.

Taking shots on target into account, we had seven to Wigan’s none; six to Bristol Rovers’ two; five to Rochdale’s one; one to MK Dons five (mitigated by playing with ten men for half an hour); four to Blackpool’s two; seven to Accrington’s five and four to Doncaster’s four. Yesterday they had four to our two. I guess the most worrying thing is our ‘dominance’ is ebbing away - the more matches we play the more the shots on target ratio seems to be less in our favour.

As I said, in isolation yesterday was about bouncing back defensively after the turning over at Doncaster. But we have to find the dominance we had once again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 12:05 - Oct 25 with 640 viewsLeaky

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:45 - Oct 24 by Swailsey

But we’ve been terrible for two and a half years now?

Only two and a half years thought it was longer than that. I would suggest 4 years
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 12:31 - Oct 25 with 628 viewseireblue

ME, I would guess, may take action, if there was a large enough dip in results, early enough this season, to make it sensible to radically change, in order to have some hope of getting back into contention.

If PRPL can keep the team in or close to play off positions, pretty sure ME will not act.
If we get a slump like last season, it will be too late.

Maybe the only benefit of the pay cap, will ME being more likely to make a change earlier in the season.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 12:38]
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 14:52 - Oct 25 with 586 viewsmrfixit426

OP 100% nailed it.
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 15:54 - Oct 25 with 552 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Never was a message board so aptly named. Until our supporters stop living in the past and start doing something about the present then nothing much will change.
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 15:56 - Oct 25 with 550 viewsjeera

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 15:54 - Oct 25 by daisyisabaddog

Never was a message board so aptly named. Until our supporters stop living in the past and start doing something about the present then nothing much will change.

Yours is my favourite username.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 19:10 - Oct 25 with 482 viewsSwansea_Blue

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:29 - Oct 24 by Funge

Behave, man.

PL takes us lower, and lower, and lower - and still there are those who proclaim that it's all OK, we should get a grip, etc etc....

How bad does it have to get, before it's actually, genuinely, undeniably, Bad?

It's a serious question.

PL’s record is poor, but the fundamental problem is Evans. He’s the constant over the period of our decline. We are simply, and evidently badly run from a football perspective (which is what it’s all about).

Until people direct their frustration at Evans rather than the easier target of the manager or players, nothing will change. Evans is more likely to see us in L2 before his supposed goal of the PL (I guess that goal has changed now though!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 19:13 - Oct 25 with 480 viewsSwansea_Blue

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 15:54 - Oct 25 by daisyisabaddog

Suffolk folk aren’t exactly known for their bold and brash rebellious side, unfortunately.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 08:38 - Oct 26 with 395 viewsairliner

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 08:44 - Oct 25 by NewcyBlue

False dawn.

Really happy with Paul Lambert, he has 6 players out injured. He doesn’t have a massive budget to buy players. What are you expecting , for us to storm this league. Marathon not a sprint. Hull lost, Sunderland lost, we lost to a dodgy decision/penalty.m
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024