Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams 21:15 - Oct 27 with 2937 viewsstiff_talking

Dobra does need some work but his pace and skills majorly upsets teams

Lambert should give him a serious run in the team

He plays without any fear !

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:18 - Oct 27 with 2907 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It does and he works hard and gets stuck in. Not too sure how disciplined he is with his positioning - often difficult to judge with the game at the stage it is when he comes on.

Tonight, in common with everyone else, his passing was a bit off.

The other issue with giving him a run is his potential to let the opposition to get under his skin and him to do something rash.

He might get a few goes from the bench and that is right for him at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:20 - Oct 27 with 2880 viewsCoco

he was poor today but at least prepared to take it to the opposition. Surely Bennetts deserves a run out and bizarre he was behind Dobra in the pecking order tonight.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:38 - Oct 27 with 2798 viewsgordon

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:20 - Oct 27 by Coco

he was poor today but at least prepared to take it to the opposition. Surely Bennetts deserves a run out and bizarre he was behind Dobra in the pecking order tonight.

Not sure Bennetts is all that good, either. I'd give Lankester a good run in a wide position myself.
Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:41 - Oct 27 with 2760 viewsLankHenners

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:20 - Oct 27 by Coco

He looked a bit too keen to prove himself tonight. Needed to calm down and lift his head up but he’s clearly fearless which is good.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:43 - Oct 27 with 2734 viewsSimonds92

Not sure based on tonights performance he can expect to get in the starting lineup on Saturday, he was pretty poor when he came on. Having said that Sears had a shocker. Id like to see Bennetts given a start Saturday to see if he's any good, 5 minute cameos dont give him a chance to impress at all.
Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:57 - Oct 27 with 2648 viewsZacak

Sorry didn't mean to up vote you as I think you're wrong 😂 Needs to learn his trade at a lower level
Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:58 - Oct 27 with 2636 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I thought he was poor tonight. Clearly talented, a lot to learn, long way to go.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 22:11 - Oct 27 with 2575 viewsstrikalite

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:58 - Oct 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

I thought he was poor tonight. Clearly talented, a lot to learn, long way to go.

But I'd always have him on the bench, we have so little raw pace and he offers that at least, also the more minutes he gets hopefully the calmer he'll be, desperate to impress but that is not a bad thing at all..
Login to get fewer ads

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 22:18 - Oct 27 with 2531 viewsITFC_96

He wasn't really "poor". He was on for only 20 minutes, probably 15 minutes of actual time in play. Ran into traffic a bit but doesn't help when you're the only one who's up there! Linked up pretty well with Dozzell a couple of times and thought he should have got a freekick a couple of times after being shoved.
Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 22:30 - Oct 27 with 2479 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I'd rather see a few more 20-30 minute run-outs as sub before he starts league games. But start against Crawley and Pompey in the cups.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 22:31 - Oct 27 with 2467 viewsITFC_96

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 22:30 - Oct 27 by Tangledupin_Blue

I'd rather see a few more 20-30 minute run-outs as sub before he starts league games. But start against Crawley and Pompey in the cups.

He'll probably miss the Crawley game, Albania U21s are playing only a couple of days later so I imagine he'll be with them.
Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 22:52 - Oct 27 with 2420 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 22:31 - Oct 27 by ITFC_96

He'll probably miss the Crawley game, Albania U21s are playing only a couple of days later so I imagine he'll be with them.

Fair enough if it is a competitive game. Won't do his development any harm.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 02:13 - Oct 28 with 2281 viewsCanadianBlue

Dobra is the sort of player that is best suited for a "free role" - playing AMC and told 'do whatever you want, just play your game'. He isn't a winger and needs to stop playing that position.

I disagree that he had a bad game - he seemed to be the pushing spark when he came on and even though he gave the ball away a few times, mostly due to poor ball control due to wanting to push up, aimed to bring the game into the final third rather than pass around out of fear of losing the ball.

He needs to put a few core pounds on to avoid getting out-muscled. He looked like a schoolboy playing against men in the Sunday Leagues in terms of size. More poundage to strengthen against the barges and he'll earn us fouls a dozen or do a Messi and blast through four+ players.

He demanded the ball. Screamed for it and was frustrated when players passed central/backwards instead of aiming for his run. He's a ball-at-foot player, not an aerial player. He showed a bit of inexperience in running into traffic but that'll develop in time. His goal in the cup showed his scoring prowess.

Dobra should be nurtured, given extra minutes to develop, as he's one our future alongside Lancaster, Dozzel, Bishop etc. Credit to him for declining going out on loan - he wants to play for Ipswich and should be given the opportunities to obtain League 1 minutes performing to his abilities. If we were in the Championship, or the Premium League, we'd be creaming ourselves over a homegrown talent like him.

We may well hold him in the same regard as QPR holds Adel Taarabt, only Dobra covers the final third when needed.
Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 08:21 - Oct 28 with 2083 viewsIpswichKnight

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:38 - Oct 27 by gordon

Not sure Bennetts is all that good, either. I'd give Lankester a good run in a wide position myself.

Agreed on that, I’d have Huws back as well in place of Sears. Lankaster wide right with Edwards wide left, Huws just to give us that solid base in midfield that better teams than Gillingham will exploit if we play that midfield again.
Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 08:39 - Oct 28 with 2035 viewsDarth_Koont

He tried a few things that didn’t quite come off. But noticeable that he asked very different questions of the Gillingham defence and we suddenly had players moving into the space he created.

Agree that he’s probably a bench player for the time being but we should really be making regular use of him as he’s probably our only legitimate impact player.

Pronouns: He/Him

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 11:22 - Oct 28 with 1919 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 21:58 - Oct 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

I thought he was rusty but trying to impress anyway, rather than "poor."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 11:30 - Oct 28 with 1898 viewsportmanroadblue

Good to see Bishop doing it last night too.
Dobra pace and skill unsettles teams on 11:56 - Oct 28 with 1867 viewsEl_Fenix

Teams need to force opponents to react quickly and make mistakes. Playing out ponderously from the back, and then passing the ball around little triangles in midfield until giving it away, do not achieve this.

Running at them with good control of the dribble (Bishop, Lankester, Dobra), exploiting superior pace (Edwards, Jackson) or hustling robustly (a fit Norwood) are some of the ways of forcing opponents to react quickly. Judicious overlapping by experienced full backs (Ward, Chambers) can also play a role.

The contributions of KVY were important to the success of the team during the early part of last season. I very much hope that he will back at some point during this season.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024