Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop was superb tonight 22:27 - Nov 3 with 1004 viewstractorboy1978

A shame the ref let him get fouled almost every time he had the ball with no consequence.
Bishop was superb tonight on 22:30 - Nov 3 with 992 viewsSomethingBlue

He looks so strong, agile, dynamic. Could easily look good in a better team but he elevates this one and keeping him fit would mean we have a chance.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bishop was superb tonight on 22:39 - Nov 3 with 940 viewsGarv

When I see him effortlessly run past players with the ball I tend to wonder why he doesn't do it every time.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bishop was superb tonight on 22:39 - Nov 3 with 932 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He really was.

Real dynamism in his play.

Switched formations tonight to a 4-4-1-1 with Bishop/Dozzell forming the pair with Lankester in the 10.

Long term would prefer Downes/Dozzell forming the pair with Bishop in the 10 and Lankester wide right replacing Judge, just think need a bit of bite and steel in there.

Really impressed by Bishop this season so far though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bishop was superb tonight on 23:15 - Nov 3 with 847 viewsJermynblue

He has been one of the real positives from this season so far. Firstly, staying fit and healthy and therefore getting a run of games. Secondly adding goals to his game and thirdly I was pleased to see him get stronger as the game progressed today even at a difficult time after we went down to ten men and after the penalty. We do need a player in the centre of midfield that can dribble with the ball and beat a man opening up space and opportunities for others.
Bishop was superb tonight on 23:19 - Nov 3 with 835 viewsclive_baker

He showed some b0llocks in the last 5 minutes too. Felt like he really wasn't having us lose, picking it up and driving forward at every opportunity, rightly throwing caution to the wind at that stage. Good to see. I think a trio of Bishop, Dozzell and Downes has a bit of everything and should really dominate at this level. If we're within a few points of the top 2 when Downes / Norwood come back I wouldn't rule us out kicking on from that point. He's the missing piece of the puzzle.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bishop was superb tonight on 23:21 - Nov 3 with 830 viewsSamWhiteUK

Bishop was superb tonight on 22:39 - Nov 3 by Garv

When I see him effortlessly run past players with the ball I tend to wonder why he doesn't do it every time.

Right? It's like he thinks it would be unfair to do that. Tom Lawrence used to make me feel the same way. He could win a game on his own in the Championship for us, but he would only do it occasionally as if to give other teams a chance
Bishop was superb tonight on 23:53 - Nov 3 with 750 viewstractorboy1978

Bishop was superb tonight on 23:19 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

He showed some b0llocks in the last 5 minutes too. Felt like he really wasn't having us lose, picking it up and driving forward at every opportunity, rightly throwing caution to the wind at that stage. Good to see. I think a trio of Bishop, Dozzell and Downes has a bit of everything and should really dominate at this level. If we're within a few points of the top 2 when Downes / Norwood come back I wouldn't rule us out kicking on from that point. He's the missing piece of the puzzle.

It makes such a difference when you have players that are direct and can go past a man. It opens the game up. Edwards did it for the goal, Bishop did it numerous times. Bennetts looks like he has that ability too. We need to do it more often, particularly in and around the box. We haven't won a penalty yet this season.
Bishop was superb tonight on 10:01 - Nov 4 with 527 viewsitfc48

I thought we carried the ball well tonight. That's how you make a passing game really work as it pulls the defenders out of position and makes space for other players. If you look at City they have the likes of Bernado and DeBryune drive at the defence to create opportunities because even the best can't always pass it through a well drilled defence.

Bishop's contract expires this summer doesn't it? We need to get that sorted ASAP as he's the most exciting player we've had to watch in years.
Login to get fewer ads

Bishop was superb tonight on 10:03 - Nov 4 with 519 viewstractorboy1978

Bishop was superb tonight on 10:01 - Nov 4 by itfc48

I thought we carried the ball well tonight. That's how you make a passing game really work as it pulls the defenders out of position and makes space for other players. If you look at City they have the likes of Bernado and DeBryune drive at the defence to create opportunities because even the best can't always pass it through a well drilled defence.

Bishop's contract expires this summer doesn't it? We need to get that sorted ASAP as he's the most exciting player we've had to watch in years.

The issue we have is, why would he sign it? Same with Dozzell and the host of others that are out of contract. No idea what he's on money wise presently but would assume it would need to be a pay cut to stay within the salary cap if we stay in L1. In short, we desperately need to go up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024