Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" 09:50 - Nov 11 with 1670 viewsusm

Does he take us for fcuking idiots
This is the Competition that he said should never be run this season and then he comes out with this cr@p
The guy's a tool and he's taking us for fools

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 09:56 - Nov 11 with 1631 viewshaynes_toe1

I want Lambert gone but if you take the game in isolation - exclude everything awful about Lambert's reign to date - then of course it's good to see some young players getting debuts, playing a style resembling that of the first team etc etc.

The problem unfortunately, is that it's impossible to separate the individual game from everything else - especially when the playing style has been proven to be ineffective in the first team - and apparently the same applies when implemented by our younger players.
Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 10:22 - Nov 11 with 1600 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I can see why he may say that for that specific game to be fair. A lot of youngsters making debuts, the next crop coming through, and didn't disgrace themselves.

I am absolutely fine with us coming out of that competiton, and has allowed for some youngsters to get that first taste of mens football. They've got the taste, now they need to work hard and push on to try and eventually get it every week.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 10:53 - Nov 11 with 1570 viewsFixed_It

I think he's allowed to take some enjoyment out of seeing a really young team, with many making their debuts and some still at school, give a good account of themselves.
Or maybe he should have just torn into them because you're angry...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 11:06 - Nov 11 with 1546 viewsusm

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 10:53 - Nov 11 by Fixed_It

I think he's allowed to take some enjoyment out of seeing a really young team, with many making their debuts and some still at school, give a good account of themselves.
Or maybe he should have just torn into them because you're angry...

Agreed, but dont slag the competition off in the first place. Without it, he wouldnt have been able to enjoy seeing the kids play
The guys a tool and hes treating us fans like fools

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 11:14 - Nov 11 with 1524 viewsFixed_It

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 11:06 - Nov 11 by usm

Agreed, but dont slag the competition off in the first place. Without it, he wouldnt have been able to enjoy seeing the kids play
The guys a tool and hes treating us fans like fools

I think the competition, given the current pandemic and surrounding issues, is ridiculous. And he is quite right to point that out. In my opinion.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 11:29 - Nov 11 with 1493 viewsGarv

Of all the things Lambert deserves criticism for, this seems pretty low down the list no? Saying he enjoyed watching the club's academy products play for the first team?

'Give the kids a chance!'

'But don't enjoy it!!'

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 11:34 - Nov 11 with 1465 viewsSamWhiteUK

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 11:29 - Nov 11 by Garv

Of all the things Lambert deserves criticism for, this seems pretty low down the list no? Saying he enjoyed watching the club's academy products play for the first team?

'Give the kids a chance!'

'But don't enjoy it!!'

Yep, this thread sums this board up. Got to find SOMETHING to moan about after every game
Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 11:39 - Nov 11 with 1463 viewsitfcjoe

When we geneuinely played well against Gillingham he just came out and slated the competiton and barely mentioned the players who had been so impressive.

Then when we losr you'd think he's just sat through Hamilton on the West End.

I've really given up listening to him post game, going back well into last season - the hyperbole is just boring. I don't know who sets the tone, but club media always asks really poistive leading questions which he then runs away with.

I'm not expecting Frost/Nixon, but every 1st Q is along lines of "You must be delighted with what you saw there today"

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 11:44 - Nov 11 with 1438 viewsBeckets

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 11:39 - Nov 11 by itfcjoe

When we geneuinely played well against Gillingham he just came out and slated the competiton and barely mentioned the players who had been so impressive.

I've really given up listening to him post game, going back well into last season - the hyperbole is just boring. I don't know who sets the tone, but club media always asks really poistive leading questions which he then runs away with.

I'm not expecting Frost/Nixon, but every 1st Q is along lines of "You must be delighted with what you saw there today"

I’m more interested in what his relationship is with the players and therefore his ability to get the best out of them rather than the drivel he spouts pre and post match.
Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 12:02 - Nov 11 with 1412 viewsWickets

The way to bring on young players is not too throw 8 or 9 of them into the first team in one go like Lambs to the slaughter .We all want our youngsters to improve but this could well have given their confidence a kicking .
Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 12:09 - Nov 11 with 1400 viewsPhilTWTD

He did slate the competition - quite rightly in my opinion! - but he was pretty gushing in his praise as well. If I remember rightly he wasn't going to do post-match after that but decided to because he was so pleased with the performance.

Lambert: The Football We Played Was Incredible 6th Oct 2020 22:07
Town boss Paul Lambert was delighted with his young side as they defeated Gillingham 2-0 in the EFL Trophy, hailing the performance as “incredible”. 19

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 12:13 - Nov 11 with 1386 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Couldn't agree more. Bored of reading his interviews. It screams a man who is trying to over exaggerate to save his own skin.

Hyperbole is great word to sum it up.

Press are soft on him, especially the clubman guy, but he's only falling in line so can't expect too different.

I don't feel questions are asked that genuinely reflect the fans opinions, and isn't the point of press, to be that liason between club and fans.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 12:19 - Nov 11 with 1363 viewsGarv

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 12:02 - Nov 11 by Wickets

The way to bring on young players is not too throw 8 or 9 of them into the first team in one go like Lambs to the slaughter .We all want our youngsters to improve but this could well have given their confidence a kicking .

They were up against a team largely made up of youngsters too. It appeared to effectively be an under-23s game.

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 12:46 - Nov 11 with 1306 viewsWD19

Its the sort of football match he enjoys.

One where he has engineered the situation to ensure there is zero pressure on himself.
Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 12:55 - Nov 11 with 1288 viewsWickets

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 12:19 - Nov 11 by Garv

They were up against a team largely made up of youngsters too. It appeared to effectively be an under-23s game.

I'm not going to go back and check but they seemed to be older and stronger than our lads and although a league 2 reserve side i thought many of them had first team experence ? Also find it strange that the likes of Wilson did not get a game yesterday as most players will tell you you need matches to stay sharp . If James is needed for next league game he wont have played for a month !!
Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 16:23 - Nov 11 with 1138 viewsGarv

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 12:55 - Nov 11 by Wickets

I'm not going to go back and check but they seemed to be older and stronger than our lads and although a league 2 reserve side i thought many of them had first team experence ? Also find it strange that the likes of Wilson did not get a game yesterday as most players will tell you you need matches to stay sharp . If James is needed for next league game he wont have played for a month !!

What if you're right? Youngsters get a taste of men's football, great. It's not as if there was a hostile atmosphere with lots of expecting away fans wanting us to progress or even caring about the game.

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 18:50 - Nov 11 with 1045 viewsjeera

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 16:23 - Nov 11 by Garv

What if you're right? Youngsters get a taste of men's football, great. It's not as if there was a hostile atmosphere with lots of expecting away fans wanting us to progress or even caring about the game.

Because if we'd won they would get another taste of it again in the same competition.

I agree with wickets in it would make more sense to introduce a few youngsters into a team with a backbone of a few experienced players.

If they are all played together then is that any different to how they usually practice?

Sure, the opposition is different, but that surely isn't the point of the entire exercise.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 09:39 - Nov 12 with 820 viewsWickets

Lambert "really, really enjoyed that" on 18:50 - Nov 11 by jeera

Because if we'd won they would get another taste of it again in the same competition.

I agree with wickets in it would make more sense to introduce a few youngsters into a team with a backbone of a few experienced players.

If they are all played together then is that any different to how they usually practice?

Sure, the opposition is different, but that surely isn't the point of the entire exercise.

Yes agreed you just put it better than me , for me it made no sense to play a stronger side in the afternoon than in the evening cup game .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024