Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... 06:34 - Nov 11 with 1720 viewsPippin1970

Many will disagree but unfortunately the past is the past. Lots of clubs with deep heritage . I love the club like the rest of us. You play to win every game.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 08:52 - Nov 11 with 1470 viewsWickets

Got to be better than what we are doing . 5 losses in the last 7 first team games is not acceptable especially at this level .
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 12:43]
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 09:53 - Nov 11 with 1451 viewsdirtyboy

I doubt that team went out to lose, they were playing to win.

That they were not good enough is another question.

Have people actually considered the fixture congestion? Asking elite athletes to perform at such intensities in such short spaces is asking for trouble.

Those who are actually involved with elite level sport know this, the average fan doesn't.

We don't want rotation in the league for obvious reasons and the only way to prevent that is to play different teams in the cup competitions.

2nd in the league. Just remember that. It's not a disaster.

Yet.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 09:57 - Nov 11 with 1447 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No. Imagine the pelters Lambert would've got if he'd played Dozzell last night and he'd got injured.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 10:46 - Nov 11 with 1432 viewsPippin1970

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 09:53 - Nov 11 by dirtyboy

I doubt that team went out to lose, they were playing to win.

That they were not good enough is another question.

Have people actually considered the fixture congestion? Asking elite athletes to perform at such intensities in such short spaces is asking for trouble.

Those who are actually involved with elite level sport know this, the average fan doesn't.

We don't want rotation in the league for obvious reasons and the only way to prevent that is to play different teams in the cup competitions.

2nd in the league. Just remember that. It's not a disaster.

Yet.

Not so long ago we were playing the same 16 or 17 players in every competition going. Especially the early 2000s . You telling me athletes are getting more tired etc.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 12:38 - Nov 11 with 1415 viewsdirtyboy

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 10:46 - Nov 11 by Pippin1970

Not so long ago we were playing the same 16 or 17 players in every competition going. Especially the early 2000s . You telling me athletes are getting more tired etc.

With all due respect, I don't think we did.

Note that players tend to look after themselves better these days in order to prolong their careers and Matt Holland would be the only one to break the 50 games a season and he was quite the player and an exception not a rule.

You'll be hard pressed to find many players who'll do more than 40 games a season with any regularity.

We have a guaranteed 52 games this season and with a month less to do it and under difficult circumstances, so don't be so naive thinking we can put the same team out each week, it's madness and no coach would do it unless the player came back with all the right data and absolutely necessary....last night wasn't.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 12:56 - Nov 11 with 1397 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

What do you do if...

Edwards pulled up with a hamstring injury last night?

Or Bishop gets a horror tackle?

Why would we risk key players in the Papa John's Trophy when we have the biggest month of the season ahead, and we are fortunate to have a 10 day break prior to going into that period.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 15:41 - Nov 11 with 1356 viewsWickets

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 09:57 - Nov 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

No. Imagine the pelters Lambert would've got if he'd played Dozzell last night and he'd got injured.

Would be no worse than the pelters he is getting for throwing the game because he cant see the point of the competition !! he played a stronger team in the 23's afternoon game Why ?
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 15:49 - Nov 11 with 1346 viewsportmanroadblue

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 12:56 - Nov 11 by TheTrueBlue1878

What do you do if...

Why would we risk key players in the Papa John's Trophy when we have the biggest month of the season ahead, and we are fortunate to have a 10 day break prior to going into that period.

Ifs and buts, we have maybe 4/5 players who we cant afford to lose out of 30+ players.
Login to get fewer ads

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 15:52 - Nov 11 with 1337 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 15:41 - Nov 11 by Wickets

Would be no worse than the pelters he is getting for throwing the game because he cant see the point of the competition !! he played a stronger team in the 23's afternoon game Why ?

I disagree. The league is far more important than anything else.

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 16:06 - Nov 11 with 1319 viewsJ2BLUE

51 games in 8 months playing the same team every game?

We can't moan about injuries then suggest things like this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 17:45 - Nov 11 with 1276 viewsPippin1970

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 16:06 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

51 games in 8 months playing the same team every game?

We can't moan about injuries then suggest things like this.

I used to play 90 mins 2 times a week until my late 30s. I'm no athlete but know when to run , head etc .
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 17:49 - Nov 11 with 1264 viewsJ2BLUE

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 17:45 - Nov 11 by Pippin1970

I used to play 90 mins 2 times a week until my late 30s. I'm no athlete but know when to run , head etc .

The opposition probably did as well.

Town are playing professional teams and need to use every advantage. One of those advantages as the season goes on is a big squad of decent (on paper, for this level) players. It didn't work last season but this season seems a lot more set up for the strategy to work.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 17:51 - Nov 11 with 1261 viewsBobbychase

Find me another EFL club that doesn't make masses of changes for FA Cup, League Cup and TInpot Trophy games.

I'll save you some time - there isn't one.

And there's a reason everyone does the same thing,.

As other commentators have noted, why on earth would we have risked a crucial player like Dozzell getting injured last night so he could get some "game time". "Game time" to show what, that he's a good player? We know that.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:32 - Nov 11 with 1235 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Totally agree. Winning breads winners. Play the strongest X1 available every game.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:36 - Nov 11 with 1230 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 12:56 - Nov 11 by TheTrueBlue1878

What do you do if...

That can happen in any game. What if we rest players and then they get injured 1st game back. Injuries can happen at any time. Play our strongest X1 available every game. Winning is good for morale and confidence. Losing is bad, bad, bad.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:38 - Nov 11 with 1224 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:36 - Nov 11 by IpswichBoyBlue

That can happen in any game. What if we rest players and then they get injured 1st game back. Injuries can happen at any time. Play our strongest X1 available every game. Winning is good for morale and confidence. Losing is bad, bad, bad.

But the more games they play in, the higher the risk of injury.

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:42 - Nov 11 with 1204 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 17:51 - Nov 11 by Bobbychase

Find me another EFL club that doesn't make masses of changes for FA Cup, League Cup and TInpot Trophy games.

I'll save you some time - there isn't one.

And there's a reason everyone does the same thing,.

As other commentators have noted, why on earth would we have risked a crucial player like Dozzell getting injured last night so he could get some "game time". "Game time" to show what, that he's a good player? We know that.

Not for game time, so perhaps we could have won a football match. I get the whole league comes first stuff, but we need a winning mentality back in the club. For so long we have been happy with mediocracy, now is the time to win as many as possible, so when we go up, we go up as a group of winners and that can only help in our quest to stay up.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:49 - Nov 11 with 1197 viewsDarth_Koont

Well, it’s league games only from here on so we’ve got to play our best available team in every match.

There are a few who need to be in every match as it stands: Chambers, Ward, Dozzell, Bishop and Edwards. The others are fighting amongst themselves to get that level of consistency and/or impact.

But after going away from the rotation of last year, we’ve seemed to slip back into it in recent weeks. Hopefully, the next month or so will see more players making positions their own. And we’ve really got to get the play in and around the attacking third working - seems to be the same problem as last season but we need to look much better and tighter as an attacking unit if we’re to pressure the opposition and turn possession into results.

Pronouns: He/Him

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:54 - Nov 11 with 1193 viewsstonojnr

the funny thing is its 40 years since we did that... & whats the main reason the players from that era said was the problem with doing that by the end ?

and thats why we are celebrating 40 years of having only won the UEFA cup, and not a treble of trophies from that season.

in the situation we are in its the priority to gain promotion out of L1, we need our best eleven to be available, uninjured, fresh for every league game that we play to win, anything else would have been a bonus, but also a distraction, we werent going to progress far in the any of the cups,

Lamberts got the setup of games he clearly wanted, its up to him to now prove he made the right call.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:59 - Nov 11 with 1184 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:38 - Nov 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

But the more games they play in, the higher the risk of injury.

Not always the case. Playing is better than training. Some players will benefit from playing every game. Many pros down the years have said that they wanted to play every game.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 19:18 - Nov 11 with 1158 viewslazyblue

If we do that we would be down to the youngsters again with injurious and suspensions, glad he played that team last night .
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 09:32 - Nov 12 with 1057 viewsWickets

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 15:52 - Nov 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

I disagree. The league is far more important than anything else.

OK thats fine but you have not ansered my point as to why our manager played a stronger team in the afternoon KO 23's match than the evening cup match ?? I take it that you are not suggesting that the reserve (or U23's) game was more important than the Cup are you ?
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 09:57 - Nov 12 with 1043 viewspeterleeblue

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 17:49 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

The opposition probably did as well.

Town are playing professional teams and need to use every advantage. One of those advantages as the season goes on is a big squad of decent (on paper, for this level) players. It didn't work last season but this season seems a lot more set up for the strategy to work.

I do agree with you.

If the Portsmouth game taught us one thing it is that we do have players who can supplement the first XI and be at the right level.

I do think if we can remain there or there abouts then we have a real chance against some of the smaller squads. I can assure you Sunderland for one do not have Ipswich's quality of squad depth.
We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 10:01 - Nov 12 with 1037 viewshype313

You have to pick your battles, it is imperative we get out of this league for the long term prospects of this club, the notion that we should be putting our first team in the Mario and Luigi cup is absolute madness, add the fixture congestion this season due to Covid.

Priority number one is to get out of League One, nothing else matters.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 10:16 - Nov 12 with 1015 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We should be playing our best eleven every game.... on 18:59 - Nov 11 by IpswichBoyBlue

Not always the case. Playing is better than training. Some players will benefit from playing every game. Many pros down the years have said that they wanted to play every game.

No, it's always the case the more games you play the more likely you are to get injuries. Playing is better than training, but the tackles also come in harder and it's higher intensity.

I'm sure many pros down the years have said that they wanted to play every game, but that's irrelevant.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024