Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless 18:04 - Nov 16 with 1127 viewscarlisleaway

Would you back an initiative if Marcus Evans put 10% of his stock for the fans to buy, also this would lessen his control of the club to I believe 75%
Out there for comments and reasoning
Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 18:06 - Nov 16 with 1120 viewsitfcjoe

What would be the point? It is just a way to give Evans money for no benefit at all

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 18:10 - Nov 16 with 1098 viewscarlisleaway

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 18:06 - Nov 16 by itfcjoe

What would be the point? It is just a way to give Evans money for no benefit at all

There would have to be a proviso that the extra money would be put back into the club, but this throws up another problem would you trust Lambert with the money
Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 18:11 - Nov 16 with 1086 viewshomer_123

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 18:10 - Nov 16 by carlisleaway

There would have to be a proviso that the extra money would be put back into the club, but this throws up another problem would you trust Lambert with the money

I wouldn't trust Evans - let alone Lambert.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 19:04 - Nov 16 with 987 viewsTieDyedIn95

I didn't last time as I thought the club would recover and there were wealthier people than me who could do more with it, but would do this time as I learned that allowing the ownership of a community club such as ITFC to fall into the hands of a Chelsea supporting multi-millionaire such as Evans was the worse thing to ever happen to it.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 19:06 - Nov 16 with 987 viewsTieDyedIn95

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 18:06 - Nov 16 by itfcjoe

If supporters as a collective owned a significant portion of the club we'd get some influence over it and a place on the board at least. It would act as a layer of scrutiny and feedback that we don't currently enjoy with the club.

Right now we get told b0llocks that the human body isn't designed to play football as the reason we're crud.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 19:26 - Nov 16 with 940 viewstivo

Is there anywhere to buy shares from at the moment?
Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 19:52 - Nov 16 with 916 viewsitfcjoe

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 19:06 - Nov 16 by TieDyedIn95

If supporters as a collective owned a significant portion of the club we'd get some influence over it and a place on the board at least. It would act as a layer of scrutiny and feedback that we don't currently enjoy with the club.

Right now we get told b0llocks that the human body isn't designed to play football as the reason we're crud.

But you wouldn't, if one man owns 75% of the club still then how different is that to owning 87.5%?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 19:53 - Nov 16 with 903 viewsJ2BLUE

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 19:26 - Nov 16 by tivo

Is there anywhere to buy shares from at the moment?

Tesco, Amazon, McDonalds...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 20:05 - Nov 16 with 876 viewsTractorWood

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 19:52 - Nov 16 by itfcjoe

But you wouldn't, if one man owns 75% of the club still then how different is that to owning 87.5%?

This. It's pointless.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 20:07 - Nov 16 with 878 viewsPJH

Yes, I own a tiny part of 12.5% of ITFC not sure what difference me owning a tiny part of 25% would make.
Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 14:32 - Nov 17 with 643 viewsEl_Fenix

Here is my analysis:

Marcus Evans has no incentive to realize a loss on holdings of ITFC debt that have a face value of around £100 million. The club will therefore continue to operate in zombie mode for the foreseeable future. If Evans' entire business empire goes into administration (e.g. due to Covid) the future of the ITFC debt 'asset' will become entangled in an administrative process that could take years to resolve.

If Evans would be willing to sell the debt for 10-15p on the pound, in the course of relinquishing his ownership of the club, 10,000 supporters could chip in £1000 each, or 1000 supporters could chip in £10,000 each, in order to de-zombify the club. I would be willing to contribute £10,000.

A debt-free ITFC operating under the L1 salary cap could become consistently profitable and capable of at least yo-yoing between L1 and the Championship. Plenty of local business persons could manage such a business. In addition, the role of a team manager/head coach would be more narrowly defined, and easier to succeed in.

This situation may be the most that we can hope for ...

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 16:05 - Nov 17 with 591 viewsMetal_Hacker

Quite like the thought of taking back some control but unless we as fans can possess 51% of the shareholding its pointless ...isn't it ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 16:06 - Nov 17 with 589 viewswkj

Absolutely not, no way, no chance. He would still have 75% freedom to cock up all senior management appointments and just have to pay less to do it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Appreciate ITFC shares are worthless on 16:08 - Nov 17 with 583 viewswkj

Joe, please don't be so abusive toward other posters on here, there's a lad.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024