Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. 20:15 - Nov 22 with 4138 viewsITFC_96

Is there anyone who doesn't agree?
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 09:54 - Nov 23 with 513 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jesus, give it a rest!!

We are third in the table.

Get behind the bloody team.

He is going NOWHERE, you get it?? NOWHERE!!

Yes most want him gone, yes most don't agree with him picking Sears, Judge, etc but its ITFC and this is our team, support them.

RIP Sir Bobby

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 09:54 - Nov 23 with 514 viewsSouperJim

I don't know about MUST.

He should have gone end of last season. But shrewd business man Evans had just given him that oh so deserved 5 year extension.

Given the general status quo, I see no reason why he would suddenly get shot of him because we've lost two games against top six sides I'm afraid. It's par for the course now.

If you want tp put a deadline on when he MUST be gone by, we're well past it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 10:03 - Nov 23 with 497 viewstractorboy1978

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 09:54 - Nov 23 by Wallingford_Boy

Jesus, give it a rest!!

We are third in the table.

Get behind the bloody team.

He is going NOWHERE, you get it?? NOWHERE!!

Yes most want him gone, yes most don't agree with him picking Sears, Judge, etc but its ITFC and this is our team, support them.

Perhaps some people see a key part of supporting their team as wanting shot of the complete charlatan in charge before he ends up costing us promotion in a season when it is an absolute necessity and a potential sliding doors moment for the club.
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 10:17 - Nov 23 with 481 viewsBiGDonnie

I don't agree.

We're fighting for promotion. We've got a settled formation and when the injuries calm down a proper strongest 11. Unless we lose 10 games on the bounce, which we won't, he's here until season end as a minimum. I actually think we'll go up and he'll be here next season too. Happy days.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 10:45 - Nov 23 with 445 viewsclive_baker

Personally I would get rid now. Things aren't right, and whatever mojo he once did or didn't have in previous roles clearly doesn't exist now. He's unnecessarily cantankerous with the press, we've landed on a 'brand' of football that simply doesn't suit us, it's slow and cumbersome, and neither entertaining nor particularly threatening to any opponent who has anything about them. He doesn't demonstrate any real ability to man manage. He doesn't strike me as a tactician, particularly. He doesn't strike me as a motivator either, nor is he a well respected father figure. He's certainly not well liked. I don't really get what his niche is as a manger, and he's massively overpaid relative to his peers, so Evans can't be accused of taking the cheap option.

He's had 2 years to make his mark and has taken us backwards. He's been given a fair crack and personally I think the argument is as strongly in favour of getting him out now and giving his replacement a nice base to build off by way of league position, rather than waiting for Lambert to spoon it up and sacking him in March when we're 6 points off the playoffs and it's too late to save our season. Given we can't get points against some of the stronger opposition, we'll be lucky to scrap the playoffs, and once in them, I don't see any reasons to believe we would win it.

There isn't a cat in hells chance Lambert will be sacked for a while because he would be far too expensive to get rid of thanks to his silly contract, but if I had my way he would be out tomorrow night win, lose or draw and his replacement in on Wednesday. I would go with an older pair of hands, a motivator, someone to instil some confidence in them, get the team playing with smiles on their faces and expressing themselves. What's 'Arry up to? ME's got his number, he must fancy a 6 month gig.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 11:37 - Nov 23 with 416 viewsITFC_96

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 10:17 - Nov 23 by BiGDonnie

I don't agree.

We're fighting for promotion. We've got a settled formation and when the injuries calm down a proper strongest 11. Unless we lose 10 games on the bounce, which we won't, he's here until season end as a minimum. I actually think we'll go up and he'll be here next season too. Happy days.

We literally finished 11th last season.

We have been knocked out of every other competition so there should be absolutely no complaints. Injuries? Every single team in the league suffers injuries and we have 3 full squads of players. They also have a smaller budget.

If we are mid-table at Christmas, that is unacceptable. This club is genuinely doomed to League 1 for a very long time if there is no meaningful change.
If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 13:02 - Nov 23 with 386 viewsitfcjoe

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 10:45 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

Personally I would get rid now. Things aren't right, and whatever mojo he once did or didn't have in previous roles clearly doesn't exist now. He's unnecessarily cantankerous with the press, we've landed on a 'brand' of football that simply doesn't suit us, it's slow and cumbersome, and neither entertaining nor particularly threatening to any opponent who has anything about them. He doesn't demonstrate any real ability to man manage. He doesn't strike me as a tactician, particularly. He doesn't strike me as a motivator either, nor is he a well respected father figure. He's certainly not well liked. I don't really get what his niche is as a manger, and he's massively overpaid relative to his peers, so Evans can't be accused of taking the cheap option.

He's had 2 years to make his mark and has taken us backwards. He's been given a fair crack and personally I think the argument is as strongly in favour of getting him out now and giving his replacement a nice base to build off by way of league position, rather than waiting for Lambert to spoon it up and sacking him in March when we're 6 points off the playoffs and it's too late to save our season. Given we can't get points against some of the stronger opposition, we'll be lucky to scrap the playoffs, and once in them, I don't see any reasons to believe we would win it.

There isn't a cat in hells chance Lambert will be sacked for a while because he would be far too expensive to get rid of thanks to his silly contract, but if I had my way he would be out tomorrow night win, lose or draw and his replacement in on Wednesday. I would go with an older pair of hands, a motivator, someone to instil some confidence in them, get the team playing with smiles on their faces and expressing themselves. What's 'Arry up to? ME's got his number, he must fancy a 6 month gig.

That's where I am on it, I'd given him the benefit of the doubt and a clean slate this season - but over the last few games any green shoots from the start of the season are now gone.

We don't look a well coached team, every team we face looks more organised than us.

I don't like the way he treats the young players

I think his attitude towards the press is diabolical frankly, and sure once he's gone the likes of Phil will go into more detail on that

I've spoken to enough people behind the scenes to know what his man management is like and it's hopeless

And the football is dull as dishwater on the main, we create next to nothing over the last few games and end up going on about little half chances.

The next few games will be key as to whether it happens or not, our next 5 are all tough, and all against sides we will struggle against in my view.

Personally I'd go for Danny Cowley rather than an old pair of hands, think his ceiling as a manager is probably higher than ours as a club in it's current guise

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 13:11 - Nov 23 with 373 viewsDubtractor

If the next 2 games are lost, Lambert MUST go. on 13:02 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

That's where I am on it, I'd given him the benefit of the doubt and a clean slate this season - but over the last few games any green shoots from the start of the season are now gone.

We don't look a well coached team, every team we face looks more organised than us.

I don't like the way he treats the young players

I think his attitude towards the press is diabolical frankly, and sure once he's gone the likes of Phil will go into more detail on that

I've spoken to enough people behind the scenes to know what his man management is like and it's hopeless

And the football is dull as dishwater on the main, we create next to nothing over the last few games and end up going on about little half chances.

The next few games will be key as to whether it happens or not, our next 5 are all tough, and all against sides we will struggle against in my view.

Personally I'd go for Danny Cowley rather than an old pair of hands, think his ceiling as a manager is probably higher than ours as a club in it's current guise

"And the football is dull as dishwater on the main, we create next to nothing over the last few games and end up going on about little half chances."

This is my real concern - we simply don't create many real chances at all in a game. Saturday we relied on opposition mistakes to win the game.

That said, unless things behind the scenes are a mess, there is no way at all the ME will sack him this side of Christmas as we have picked up results, however unconvincingly.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024