Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Watson goes in heavy on Lambert here 08:01 - Nov 25 with 1902 viewsitfcjoe

And it is all fair

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/stu-says-ipswich-0-3-hull-1-6944128

Paul Lambert is either gas lighting us all or completely delusional. And I don’t know which is worse.

Always we hear about how ‘football wise’ he is pleased with how the team ‘dominates the ball’ and that he ‘can’t ask for anything more’.

At times, you begin to question your own sanity. Maybe it’s not been that bad? But then you trust your own judgement again.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stuart Watson goes in heavy on Lambert here on 09:12 - Nov 25 with 267 viewsGuthrum

Stuart Watson goes in heavy on Lambert here on 08:09 - Nov 25 by JakeITFC

I don’t think that is objectively untrue tbf - first half yesterday we definitely did control the game for pretty much the entirety of minutes 2-45. The problem is that there is absolutely no point to doing that if we create nothing with it and give up chances so easily.

It has been our problem since the very first game in this league - we generally have enough quality to bundle one or two goals together against the bad teams in this division, and our lucky that they are bad at finishing and so don’t punish our mistakes at the back. As soon as we face a team that is semi-competent (in either box) we are completely undone.

It does give some sort of hope that the players have an idea of how to keep and move the ball such that a new manager would have a genuine chance of turning them into a half decent team, but it clearly isn’t working as it stands.

I agree to an extent, in that our midfield/forward players can show occasional flashes of the ability to pass the ball smartly and sweetly. They just don't (or don't get the chance to) for most of the game and the moves too often break down or there is nobody who can put the cross into the net.

Clearly the team is not bereft of talent. However, with a system which doesn't work and some players who don't seem to fit/function very well, it's not driving us towards a positive outcome.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stuart Watson goes in heavy on Lambert here on 09:12 - Nov 25 with 266 viewsHerbivore

Stuart Watson goes in heavy on Lambert here on 09:05 - Nov 25 by marchy

"Own half", not "first half".

I'm aware of what he said.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stuart Watson goes in heavy on Lambert here on 09:19 - Nov 25 with 252 viewsTrumptonBlue

"Bennetts, whose head down dribbling and loose positional play looked like it could lead to a goal at either end"

Made me chuckle.
Stuart Watson goes in heavy on Lambert here on 09:22 - Nov 25 with 236 viewsJoHnNnY

Stuart Watson goes in heavy on Lambert here on 08:29 - Nov 25 by homer_123

I think this very much depends on how you define controlling.

If you define it as having possession of the ball, then there is a case that Lambert is and your view in your reply is 'possibly' correct.

But there is a big difference, Hull were happy for us to have possession, we didn't control having it. They were 1 up inside 2 mins and could tell that we didn't have the ability to hurt them. They were quite happy to let us have possession because our possession rarely leads to sustained attacking pressure or chances - as perfectly illustrated yesterday.

I would argue that it was Hull that controlled the entire game, allowing us to have possession at the back and pressing us when we tried to get forward, sitting and giving us the chance to make mistakes and errors that they could then capitalise on.

100% agree with this... the only thing we are in control of is wasting our own time, which Hull were very happy about.

I seriously think the goalkeepers in League 1 must think “happy days, Ipswich today, quiet afternoon easy money”.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024