Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PES 2019 Portman Road 21:52 - Dec 8 with 2981 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Wish Fifa 21 had Portman Road

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

PES 2019 Portman Road on 21:55 - Dec 8 with 2957 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is PES still the better game? It always used to be PES for gameplay, FIFA for latest licensed kits and stadiums. That was at least 10 years ago though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PES 2019 Portman Road on 22:01 - Dec 8 with 2922 viewsTieDyedIn95

Why is Chebolah massively white?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

PES 2019 Portman Road on 22:03 - Dec 8 with 2913 viewsIpswich_Crazy

PES 2019 Portman Road on 22:01 - Dec 8 by TieDyedIn95

Why is Chebolah massively white?

More than likely an error in that game

PES 2019 Portman Road on 22:04 - Dec 8 with 2907 viewsTieDyedIn95

PES 2019 Portman Road on 22:03 - Dec 8 by Ipswich_Crazy

More than likely an error in that game

Players also walking through the graphics, I take this these are all mods?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

PES 2019 Portman Road on 22:08 - Dec 8 with 2889 viewsIpswich_Crazy

PES 2019 Portman Road on 22:04 - Dec 8 by TieDyedIn95

Players also walking through the graphics, I take this these are all mods?

I reckon so. Apart from that its a nice mod

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:11 - Dec 8 with 2780 viewsBlueBadger

PES 2019 Portman Road on 21:55 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

Is PES still the better game? It always used to be PES for gameplay, FIFA for latest licensed kits and stadiums. That was at least 10 years ago though.

Both are unplayable in different ways. FIFA is slow and full of 'just buy this thing on top of the game you've just paid 50 quid for' whilst PES still plays a good game but it's massively non-user friendly in terms of doing anything that needs opening a menu up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:14 - Dec 8 with 2773 viewsJeanManuelThetis

What is the track in the background at the very start of the video?
PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:17 - Dec 8 with 2768 viewsSpruceMoose

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:11 - Dec 8 by BlueBadger

Both are unplayable in different ways. FIFA is slow and full of 'just buy this thing on top of the game you've just paid 50 quid for' whilst PES still plays a good game but it's massively non-user friendly in terms of doing anything that needs opening a menu up.

My mate and I have this whole football video game idea that we invented after a few pints one night and have gradually honed over the years helped by more pints and the odd biffter.

It's half FIFA style football game half Sims style RPG where you play out the career of a 1970s footballer navigating his way through muddy pitches, wild hacks from Vaseline covered centre halves, riots, hooliganism, Page 3 girls in nightclubs, playing hungover and having a smoke at half time, appearing on A Question of Sport and eventually either running a pub or dying broke.

Sadly we lack the skills to make such a thing so it just lives in the imagination and gets more wild every time we talk about it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:26 - Dec 8 with 2743 viewsjeera

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:17 - Dec 8 by SpruceMoose

My mate and I have this whole football video game idea that we invented after a few pints one night and have gradually honed over the years helped by more pints and the odd biffter.

It's half FIFA style football game half Sims style RPG where you play out the career of a 1970s footballer navigating his way through muddy pitches, wild hacks from Vaseline covered centre halves, riots, hooliganism, Page 3 girls in nightclubs, playing hungover and having a smoke at half time, appearing on A Question of Sport and eventually either running a pub or dying broke.

Sadly we lack the skills to make such a thing so it just lives in the imagination and gets more wild every time we talk about it.

Vaseline?

That you didn't even mention white horse liniment goes to show you've got your knowledge from literature and not personal experience.

No one who lived through that era would forget that stench!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:26 - Dec 8 with 2743 viewsBonchosBicycle

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:17 - Dec 8 by SpruceMoose

I always wanted FIFA to have a Classic Mode, in black and white with two-ton leather balls, below the knee length shorts, swampy pitches and smoking fags with the half-time orange.
PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:28 - Dec 8 with 2736 viewsjeera

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:26 - Dec 8 by BonchosBicycle

I always wanted FIFA to have a Classic Mode, in black and white with two-ton leather balls, below the knee length shorts, swampy pitches and smoking fags with the half-time orange.

Trenches...

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:29 - Dec 8 with 2730 viewsSpruceMoose

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:26 - Dec 8 by jeera

Vaseline?

That you didn't even mention white horse liniment goes to show you've got your knowledge from literature and not personal experience.

No one who lived through that era would forget that stench!

Obviously we would be looking to bring a few old timers onboard to help with the creative content. What were pants like back in those days?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:35 - Dec 8 with 2723 viewsjeera

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:29 - Dec 8 by SpruceMoose

Obviously we would be looking to bring a few old timers onboard to help with the creative content. What were pants like back in those days?

Itchy, made from horsehair of course!

I would like to see someone describe in words what liniment smelled like.

Joking aside, are you familiar? It really was popular at all levels especially throughout the winter months, and yes it reeked.

It was like having a greasy solution of smelling salts on your legs.

But warming, like you'd just pee'd yourself. Idea being to protect you from feeling the cold, (proper winters in them days, not like now), but to also help prevent strains.

Actually, our physio dept should probably look into reintroducing it.

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:37 - Dec 8 with 2719 viewsSpruceMoose

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:35 - Dec 8 by jeera

Joking aside, are you familiar? It really was popular at all levels especially throughout the winter months, and yes it reeked.

But warming, like you'd just pee'd yourself. Idea being to protect you from feeling the cold, (proper winters in them days, not like now), but to also help prevent strains.

That's the kind of golden detail we will need for this game! You're hired!

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:58 - Dec 8 with 2691 viewspointofblue

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:14 - Dec 8 by JeanManuelThetis

What is the track in the background at the very start of the video?

Glorious by Andreas Johnson.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 23:58]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

PES 2019 Portman Road on 05:33 - Dec 9 with 2595 viewsCoastalblue

PES 2019 Portman Road on 23:35 - Dec 8 by jeera

For me that's the smell of an early 80's changing room, I can smell it instantly now the minute I think about it and I've probably not been near the stuff in nigh on 40 years.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

PES 2019 Portman Road on 06:54 - Dec 9 with 2552 viewsReuser_is_God

PES 2019 Portman Road on 21:55 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

PES & FIFA is for virgins.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

PES 2019 Portman Road on 11:35 - Dec 9 with 2363 viewsKieran_Knows

Go on East Anglia Blue!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

PES 2019 Portman Road on 15:38 - Dec 9 with 2262 viewsjeera

PES 2019 Portman Road on 05:33 - Dec 9 by Coastalblue

For me that's the smell of an early 80's changing room, I can smell it instantly now the minute I think about it and I've probably not been near the stuff in nigh on 40 years.

Did the trick though didn't it?

Not sure I'd have wanted to light up too near to applying it.

PES 2019 Portman Road on 15:44 - Dec 9 with 2251 viewsSwansea_Blue

PES 2019 Portman Road on 06:54 - Dec 9 by Reuser_is_God

That's why I was asking (ahem, for a friend of course).

I bet you're a Sensible Soccer kind of guy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PES 2019 Portman Road on 14:45 - Dec 10 with 2066 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Why do they magically appear through the stand on the halfway line?
PES 2019 Portman Road on 14:56 - Dec 10 with 2056 viewsmo_itfc

PES 2019 Portman Road on 06:54 - Dec 9 by Reuser_is_God

I take it you play both the games a lot then!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024