Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? 15:21 - Dec 22 with 1539 viewsSamWhiteUK

Presumably the players are living at home with their families? Assuming the other members of the families are living something that resembles a normal life, i.e. having to leave the house, surely a player could have brought it in from there? I've seen players are still using indoor gyms at the club so it's not like all training is outside. What am I missing? Are the injured players (those inside) living at the club with the physios?
Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 15:23 - Dec 22 with 1520 viewsitfcjoe

Maybe those that have investigated it with much more of the information know more about it than you do?

As an example, they know exactly which players (and staff) have it, and whether they've been in the gyms etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 15:24 - Dec 22 with 1509 viewsIllinoisblue

Wondered that, too. It was kinda sorta blaming Burton. If that is the case and Burton are carrying on as normal, not testing everyone, then you can see how easily and quickly this thing can spread.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 15:26 - Dec 22 with 1492 viewsOldsmoker

It was engineered in a Burton laboratory hence "The Burton Virus".
It's a hoax anyway and it'll go away in the summer when the weather gets warm.
Town are top of the Premiership and anyone who says different is fake news.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 15:31 - Dec 22 with 1467 viewsmonty_radio

On hearing of the virus someone on Twitter said that that was the Christmas programme gone for a Burton, then, hey-ho, next thing you know, Albion get the blame.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 15:33 - Dec 22 with 1461 viewsSteve_M

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 15:24 - Dec 22 by Illinoisblue

Wondered that, too. It was kinda sorta blaming Burton. If that is the case and Burton are carrying on as normal, not testing everyone, then you can see how easily and quickly this thing can spread.

I read it not so much as blaming Burton, just that the matchday environment involves more people being in a position to bring the infection in.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 15:33 - Dec 22 with 1460 viewsPJH

Not sure that they are saying it came from Burton. The way I read it they are just suggesting that it goes back to the day of the Burton game.
Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 11:01 - Dec 23 with 1117 viewsSamWhiteUK

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 15:23 - Dec 22 by itfcjoe

Maybe those that have investigated it with much more of the information know more about it than you do?

As an example, they know exactly which players (and staff) have it, and whether they've been in the gyms etc

Alright, tetchy, keep your hair on
Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 11:03 - Dec 23 with 1107 viewsSamWhiteUK

"the only scenario for transmission has to be our match against Burton last week"

It may well be the case, then Burton better be tested as well. But it seems unlikely that was the ONLY scenario. The only reason I raise this point is that everyone thinks they're doing it right. Many short-sighted investigations have likely happened across the country during this pandemic - "well it can't have possibly been us"
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 11:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 11:22 - Dec 23 with 1079 viewsjayessess

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 11:03 - Dec 23 by SamWhiteUK

"the only scenario for transmission has to be our match against Burton last week"

It may well be the case, then Burton better be tested as well. But it seems unlikely that was the ONLY scenario. The only reason I raise this point is that everyone thinks they're doing it right. Many short-sighted investigations have likely happened across the country during this pandemic - "well it can't have possibly been us"
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 11:05]

Doesn't it just mean the transmission amongst our players and staff must have taken place on the Burton matchday?

Like, one member of staff might catch it independently at home, but 7 at the same time likely means a super spreader event took place. Presumably they're just thinking about when all those who caught it were in close contact.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 11:22]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 11:29 - Dec 23 with 1049 viewsPJH

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 11:22 - Dec 23 by jayessess

Doesn't it just mean the transmission amongst our players and staff must have taken place on the Burton matchday?

Like, one member of staff might catch it independently at home, but 7 at the same time likely means a super spreader event took place. Presumably they're just thinking about when all those who caught it were in close contact.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 11:22]

That is exactly what I read it to mean.

They are, I think, simply saying that the 'outbreak' originates from that day but they are not indicating in any way that the original source was someone in the Burton camp.
Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 11:37 - Dec 23 with 1032 viewsTieDyedIn95

Obviously I hope everyone remains safe and well at the club, but I am dreading when we come back from a football point of view. We're awful after any break and we just had a couple of winnable games coming up.

The only upswing, if there is one is if we get players fit and we're still rubbish that's an excuse Evans and Lambert won't be able to continue to hide their failings behind. Not that any professional football club should have that many players injured anyway....

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 16:43 - Dec 24 with 787 viewsbritbiker

Why are the club assuming the cases came from Burton? on 15:26 - Dec 22 by Oldsmoker

It was engineered in a Burton laboratory hence "The Burton Virus".
It's a hoax anyway and it'll go away in the summer when the weather gets warm.
Town are top of the Premiership and anyone who says different is fake news.

I'm with you on this one Old Smoker. Defo fake news..

Our keepers rarely catch anything. Our defence are incapable of passing it to one another. The midfield were already in sick bay and Lambert has set up the striker to be covid friendly, nicely isolated by himself one up front.

Joking aside I hope all get over this illness without any harm.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 19:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024