Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half 20:54 - Dec 29 with 1745 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Probably won't be a problem for them still.

I don't know how long Krul is out for.

EDIT: 18 year old apparently but all Norwich. Had one in the net but offside and Puki couldn't beat the keeper in a 1-on-1.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 20:59]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 13:39 - Dec 30 with 1393 viewsChrisd

No problem for them sticking an 18 year old on the bench for a Championship fixture and then he comes on, but 22 year old Harry Wright still can't get a sniff even in L1 for us, although I appreciate he's currently on loan.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 13:45 - Dec 30 with 1379 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 13:39 - Dec 30 by Chrisd

No problem for them sticking an 18 year old on the bench for a Championship fixture and then he comes on, but 22 year old Harry Wright still can't get a sniff even in L1 for us, although I appreciate he's currently on loan.

I would imagine they felt they had little choice with not much likelihood of him coming on and not wanting to splash money on an unnecessary emergency loan. I guess that, if Krul is out for much longer, they will get someone in short term or on loan in January.

He couldn't save a penalty and got lucky with one QPR put over the bar from 2 yards out but it didn't really cost them anything. They are still well clear at the top of the league.

I just hope the dropped points (more down to their inability to convert chances) are the beginning of a long slump. Unfortunately, I can't see Premier League clubs taking a punt on their main stars Puki and Buendia as they have shown they cannot sustain it in the Premier League last season.

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 13:49 - Dec 30 with 1365 viewsChrisd

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 13:45 - Dec 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would imagine they felt they had little choice with not much likelihood of him coming on and not wanting to splash money on an unnecessary emergency loan. I guess that, if Krul is out for much longer, they will get someone in short term or on loan in January.

He couldn't save a penalty and got lucky with one QPR put over the bar from 2 yards out but it didn't really cost them anything. They are still well clear at the top of the league.

I just hope the dropped points (more down to their inability to convert chances) are the beginning of a long slump. Unfortunately, I can't see Premier League clubs taking a punt on their main stars Puki and Buendia as they have shown they cannot sustain it in the Premier League last season.

18 is still very young for a goalkeeper to be playing first team football with or without a crowd in attendance. I'm sure he would've been very nervous making his debut, but they still had the confidence in him to first select and then play him when the situation arose. He'll be a better keeper for that experience though.

It's sad to see , but Norwich are so far ahead of us both on the playing side and off the field. Lets face facts, they are a far better run club.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 13:55]

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:05 - Dec 30 with 1324 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 13:49 - Dec 30 by Chrisd

18 is still very young for a goalkeeper to be playing first team football with or without a crowd in attendance. I'm sure he would've been very nervous making his debut, but they still had the confidence in him to first select and then play him when the situation arose. He'll be a better keeper for that experience though.

It's sad to see , but Norwich are so far ahead of us both on the playing side and off the field. Lets face facts, they are a far better run club.

Not arguing with that but I still think it is a product of them not collecting a massive mediocre squad rather than a deliberate decision to stick an 18-year-old in. In terms of bringing players through and developing signings to be sold on for profit you are absolutely right. Instead we sign older players whose value decreases and fail to give our academy products a chance until they are into their 20s (as a generalisation).

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:08 - Dec 30 with 1312 viewsWD19

I suspect it says more about Wright than it does about either club.
Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:18 - Dec 30 with 1292 viewsMeadowlark

Wrong forum. You want "budgies 'r' us“
Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:22 - Dec 30 with 1274 viewsArnieM

Yes, it’s absolutely amazing what a club can do with in excess of £500m in as many years isn’t it!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:36 - Dec 30 with 1244 viewsNthQldITFC

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:22 - Dec 30 by ArnieM

Yes, it’s absolutely amazing what a club can do with in excess of £500m in as many years isn’t it!

Isn't that £1 per year?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:37 - Dec 30 with 1243 viewsChrisd

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:22 - Dec 30 by ArnieM

Not necessarily, there are plenty of other clubs that have reaped the financial benefits of the EPL and have got themselves in a mess. They appear to have key people in the right positions and plan accordingly. Unfortunately we don’t.

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:40 - Dec 30 with 1226 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:37 - Dec 30 by Chrisd

Not necessarily, there are plenty of other clubs that have reaped the financial benefits of the EPL and have got themselves in a mess. They appear to have key people in the right positions and plan accordingly. Unfortunately we don’t.

I keep telling myself they are only a few really bad decisions away from it all folding in on them. However, as you point out, they do not tend to make bad decisions.

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:42 - Dec 30 with 1216 viewsChrisd

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:08 - Dec 30 by WD19

You could be right. At his age you’d have expected him to have played a few games for the first team by now, appreciate he had a serious injury to overcome, but he’s no closer to playing than when he first signed in 2017.

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 17:57 - Dec 30 with 1063 viewsemmaroyds

He made his first team debut away at Luton in the league cup. He let 3 in late on.
Last season he was loaned out to Bury town, I don't know how he performed for hem.
Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 18:06 - Dec 30 with 1044 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 14:08 - Dec 30 by WD19

I don’t think it does, this kid was at Bury Town last season, Wright played games at a higher level 2-3 years ago, Przybek has played higher and is currently playing at a significantly higher level......but they have to be trusted

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwich have 3rd keeper in goal for second half on 18:32 - Dec 30 with 1000 viewsPablokuqi

The lad is 20 on Saturday but that is by the by. In the end of the day Lambert has been unable to choose a keeper over his entire time at the club. In his last interview on the subject he still had to criticise his current keeper's kicking. Lots of managers know very little about keeping and what a good or bad keeper looks like. Listening to pundits on TV about keeping is cringy Mr Souness in particular. Therefore lots of young keepers get their chance only when there quite literally is no-one else. I have no idea on Wright's ability but we are unusual in having two similar levelled ability keepers challenging each other. Without looking it up I would imagine few clubs have swapped their keepers around as much as we have had over past few seasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024