Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown 20:15 - Jan 4 with 1718 viewsitfcjoe

7 weeks until end of half term, 2-3 weeks for vaccines to kick in and that will be healthcare, care workers and the over 70s sorted.....guess each phase from that point takes longer as more people

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 07:49 - Jan 5 with 1464 viewsTractorWood

The papers seem to be saying that we are going to vaccinate 13m people by Mid February. Given that we've vaccinated 1m in 4 weeks I've no idea how 13m in 6 weeks is even remotely plausible.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:09 - Jan 5 with 1419 viewsDanTheMan

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 07:49 - Jan 5 by TractorWood

The papers seem to be saying that we are going to vaccinate 13m people by Mid February. Given that we've vaccinated 1m in 4 weeks I've no idea how 13m in 6 weeks is even remotely plausible.

At a guess, they're hoping that the Oxford vaccine will be easier to distribute and administer.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:11 - Jan 5 with 1413 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 07:49 - Jan 5 by TractorWood

We haven't had the Oxford one available, which should speed things up, but does feel like it is unlikely to happen - the vaxx needs to ramp up as we aren't going to go from where we are to 2m this week......means that to hit it we will prob need to be doing 3-3.5m a week by the end of this period

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:23 - Jan 5 with 1371 viewsTractorWood

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:11 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

We haven't had the Oxford one available, which should speed things up, but does feel like it is unlikely to happen - the vaxx needs to ramp up as we aren't going to go from where we are to 2m this week......means that to hit it we will prob need to be doing 3-3.5m a week by the end of this period

If you include weekends, which to me is a pretty questionable assumption it's 500k a day at peak. It's taken the best part of a year to get our testing regime to that level.

When you consider that the vaxx needs final QC and putting into vials, which there is apparently a global shortage of and the host of people who should be getting their 2nd booster and staff who will inevitably need to self isolate it all seems highly unlikely.

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:28 - Jan 5 with 1348 viewsStokieBlue

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:23 - Jan 5 by TractorWood

If you include weekends, which to me is a pretty questionable assumption it's 500k a day at peak. It's taken the best part of a year to get our testing regime to that level.

When you consider that the vaxx needs final QC and putting into vials, which there is apparently a global shortage of and the host of people who should be getting their 2nd booster and staff who will inevitably need to self isolate it all seems highly unlikely.

It's certainly a bullish target but the Oxford vaccine can be given anywhere, all GPs offices for instance because it doesn't need to be super-cooled for transport and storage. There are huge limitations on how and where the Pfizer vaccine can be administered which is why there are complaints in France and the US about how slowly it's going.

France only managed ~500 vaccinations all last week. Italy not really much better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55529240

I don't think they will make that target but it's good to aim for something. The second booster won't affect the rollout of Oxford, only Pfizer locations will get the second booster.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:31 - Jan 5 with 1324 viewsTractorWood

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:28 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

It's certainly a bullish target but the Oxford vaccine can be given anywhere, all GPs offices for instance because it doesn't need to be super-cooled for transport and storage. There are huge limitations on how and where the Pfizer vaccine can be administered which is why there are complaints in France and the US about how slowly it's going.

France only managed ~500 vaccinations all last week. Italy not really much better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55529240

I don't think they will make that target but it's good to aim for something. The second booster won't affect the rollout of Oxford, only Pfizer locations will get the second booster.

SB

Agree on the target.

Pfizer will affect it because you have less people who can potentially administer the mammoth scale of required AZ vaccinations.

Thanks for that article. The French are having a mare.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 8:38]

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:34 - Jan 5 with 1295 viewsGeoffSentence

I am pretty sure it will be longer. I wouldnt expect things to be relaxed until tsome time in April at the earliest. As well as your timetable I tihnk there will be extra time needed for hospitiisation and death rates to drop,. As well as that I would be surprised if the vaccines got rolled out as quickly as hoped.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:44 - Jan 5 with 1246 viewsHerbivore

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:34 - Jan 5 by GeoffSentence

I am pretty sure it will be longer. I wouldnt expect things to be relaxed until tsome time in April at the earliest. As well as your timetable I tihnk there will be extra time needed for hospitiisation and death rates to drop,. As well as that I would be surprised if the vaccines got rolled out as quickly as hoped.

Things are as bad or worse in comparison to the first peak and we ended up being locked down for about 3 months, so I think April is probably realistic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:50 - Jan 5 with 1226 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:23 - Jan 5 by TractorWood

Surely they are doing weekends? That’s 30% of the week.
Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:51 - Jan 5 with 1224 viewstextbackup

50p says the virus finds a way round the vaccine in next 3/4 weeks

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:54 - Jan 5 with 1210 viewsSteve_M

Earliest possible change is going to be late Feb:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 11:04 - Jan 5 with 1005 viewsTractorWood

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:50 - Jan 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Surely they are doing weekends? That’s 30% of the week.

You'd think they'd be working 24/7 but nothing would suprise me with this Government. I'm not sure if they've scrapped the requirement for vaccinators to have hostage negotiation training yet.

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 11:06 - Jan 5 with 998 viewsDanTheMan

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 08:54 - Jan 5 by Steve_M

Earliest possible change is going to be late Feb:

Well at least I managed to get a decent birthday last year.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 11:12 - Jan 5 with 968 viewsRadlett_blue

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 11:04 - Jan 5 by TractorWood

You'd think they'd be working 24/7 but nothing would suprise me with this Government. I'm not sure if they've scrapped the requirement for vaccinators to have hostage negotiation training yet.

That kind of stuff is hugely irritating but the reality is that the real barrier is the supply chain for the vaccine. I agree that lockdown until at least end February looks inevitable (hugely depressing) but the reality is that it could be longer than that. The government has a shocking record of managing expectations.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 13:19 - Jan 5 with 816 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 11:12 - Jan 5 by Radlett_blue

That kind of stuff is hugely irritating but the reality is that the real barrier is the supply chain for the vaccine. I agree that lockdown until at least end February looks inevitable (hugely depressing) but the reality is that it could be longer than that. The government has a shocking record of managing expectations.

Yep. I'm fully expecting it to be significantly longer.
Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 13:21 - Jan 5 with 809 viewshype313

Sounds like going to be at least 9-10 weeks of full lockdown on 13:19 - Jan 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep. I'm fully expecting it to be significantly longer.

Any deadline Boris gives, it's best to add an extra 3 months.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024